PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Panthers @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense is actually the worst in the league. Not just statistically but they tighten up in some places.

They are true garbage at playing football. 4-0 is pretty doable if they were even average.

At some point it becomes a real problem that Gilmore has more drive-extending penalties than actual plays.

Between that and the repeated miscommunications the Pats are basically asking to give up points by leaving him on the field

They're done. It's week 4 and the defense still sucks. They let scrub Newton walk all over them. Just humiliating

wasn't it boger's crew a few years ago against the Jets who made that BS call on our special teams for not lining up properly and cost us the game?
That's what I hate about him. He cherrypicks. He picks the most inconsequential penalties and makes sure they change the games outcome.

The defense is a complete and utter Trainwreck. Unless the Patriots playing on scoring 40 points a game they going to struggle to win. The defense simply doesn't have the Personnel to stop anybody.

I had zero confidence the Panthers weren't scoring that last Drive. When you add a Buffalo Bill as a key player on defense this is exactly what happens.

Said it last 2 weeks...Gilmore sucks. Behind so many busted plays. I would not be surprised if the D is pissed he got paid over Butler.

Of course...some people here assumed just cuz we paid him then he must be awesome...Butler is much better.

Key takeaways from this game:
1. Nitpicking and O-line concerns aside, our O is legit and top-tier.
2. Boger is a putrid excuse for an NFL referee.
3. Our secondary must be riding the short bus to and from practices. I can't remember a stretch of games where I've seen so many massive breakdowns and busted plays.

Most of the issues are communication and Gilmore being a bust of a signing so far. I expect the former to get fixed. The latter? Time will tell. Butler has been the much, MUCH better corner if the two through 4 games.

This defense.......

The last 5 mins the pass rush was working. Not sure if anyone can find the analysis on it or work out why??

Once again Gilmore was poor. Butler was ok. Hightower played well.

In all honesty we didn't deserve to win again this week.

Without Brady we could be 1-3.
Try 0-4

give me 5 minutes in a room with this mother ****er

WHY DID WE NOT USE OUR TIMEOUTS

Honestly, I probably liked our chances better on missing a 48 yard fg, if we started calling time outs, Carolina would have run their regular offense and probably have scored a td...I didn't have a problem with no time outs, same thing in the super bowl against the seahawks

Mike Reiss‏Verified account @MikeReiss 4m4 minutes ago
Panthers 33, Patriots 30. Secondary struggles, led by Stephon Gilmore's costly penalty, play big role in loss. Patriots drop to 2-2.
I always had tempered enthusiasm about Gilmore because I watched enough Bills games and saw a player who was always inconsistent and made stupid decisions often. He would flash big and then follow it up with some questionable play. And alas, that's exactly what we've seen so far. Still, I'm vastly disappointed.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
I mean, what did Chung do wrong there? Even if that was a passing play, he still didn't do anything wrong. He never grabbed hold of the guy. He was pushing his neck down. McCaffrey was stumbling. It's his fault for falling to the ground. He was stumbling long before Chung touched him, and it was all within 5 yards.

And keep this thread bumped up. This season is over. Even if they make the playoffs they will lose. They're not winning the SB. The worst defense I've seen in years by the Pats. 2011 was better. This is embarrassing.

They're done. This is not 2014. No way in hell they beat Tampa either so 2-3.

Take a nap.

2 home losses already this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back