PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: What Was The Worst On the Field Act?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Worst on the Field act?

• Garrett’s helmet swing

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Haynesworth’s head stomp

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS. How many games did Tatum get??!! That's why this Garett outrage is ridiculous.

I guess that you would have murder be no longer illegal, because someone got away with murder 40 years ago?

I almost never post "disagree" since so many consider this an almost personal attack, and to be left for very strong objections.

This different. Garrett shouldn't play for the rest of the season. And the union shouldn't fight a long suspension. Finally, if there is a one game suspension, this would be a real travesty. This would allow Garrett to play another game against PITT later this year. F
I was talking about pouncey not Garrett. Garrett deserves much worse

Charles Martin body slamming Jim McMahon was brutal.

Gronk's People's Elbow wasn't his finest moment.

Dino Ciccirelli using his stick like a samurai sword.
Don't forget Joe Turkey Jones vs Terry Bradshaw.

Call me crazy but I think the scariest play of the night was the Steelers WR who was bleeding out his ear. I think that cheap shot should be getting more play.
I'm not so sure how cheap those shots were...looked like more of a wrong place wrong time thing.

I forgot about this one. You could pretty much do anything you wanted to back in the day.

Millen and Long Put Late Hit on Patriots' GM

Yep, things were different alright. I remember that well, Pat Sullivan was such a little douche. What's a GM doing getting in the grill of a player after a game? Just another entry in the long list of Sullivan embarrassments. It wasn't always easy being a fan of this team.

Yep, things were different alright. I remember that well, Pat Sullivan was such a little douche. What's a GM doing getting in the grill of a player after a game? Just another entry in the long list of Sullivan embarrassments. It wasn't always easy being a fan of this team.
I remember it like it was yesterday.

But I had forgotten it was actually Howie Long who had drawn Patty's ire.

History Lesson: The Time Matt Millen Punched The Patriots' General Manager In The Head

Maroon 5 halftime show has to be up there.

Todd Bertuzzi hit on Steve Moore—knocked him out from behind then slammed his face to the ice.
Marichal hitting Roseboro with a bat was pretty horrid.

Haynesworth=Suh, huge talents with terrible character.

Football has so many vicious acts it’s hard to sort them out, though. Cut blocks. Helmet to helmet hits. TJ Ward. Jack Tatum who was
unapologetic to the end. The game is physical as it is and then you have the outlier players who want to hurt people. Many of these events are far worse than the Garrett thing, where two players were fighting after a long game and each of them got out of hand but the visual is especially extravagant despite that nobody was hurt. Kind of surprised it doesn’t happen more often. Meanwhile, e.g., Philip Dorsett just got concussed on a routine looking hit today after the play was totally over, and there is no outcry.

Let’s not forget the several off the field soccer riots in which dozens have been killed in stadiums.

Last edited:
Bill Romanowski spitting in JJ Stokes face was not quite up there but certainly got a lot of attention. I remember some players tried to make it to be about race which was pathetic. Stokes was talking **** up in his face and Bill just let one fly.

Trotting out Marshall Newhouse as the GOAT's left tackle has to be up there. In all seriousness, I'd have to say the Tatum hit. I had to do research on it as it was way before my time. But not only did he paralyze a man. He never even had the decency to apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe