PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: What Was The Worst On the Field Act?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Worst on the Field act?

• Garrett’s helmet swing

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Haynesworth’s head stomp

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more concerned about the draft picks this is going to cost New England...
Well, Bill did surrender a 5th-rounder for Fat Albert, so there is some precedent there...

@QuantumMechanic Please share why you believe Pouncey kicking Garrett in the head was OK.
Not speaking for QM, but what Pouncey did was FAR more benign, almost like what a kid would do...and he did it to somebody who Still had his helmet on, so it was kinda ineffective anyway.

The worst ever was Marichal taking a bat to Roseboro’s head.

I'm totally ok with what the Steelers players did to Garret after the fact. If someone went after Brady like Garrett did, I'd want the other players to step up like that.

I'm totally ok with what the Steelers players did to Garret after the fact. If someone went after Brady like Garrett did, I'd want the other players to step up like that.
Except he didn't go after Mason, Mason like a punk came after him while he was being pushed back.

Tatum intentionally driving an arm into Stingley’s neck and paralyzing him. In a preseason game, no less.

Yeah, it saddens me to see a poll like this without that scumbags name on the list. It really does.

Haynesworth could have put out an eye, keep that in mind. One of his spikes just barely missed Gurode's right eye in fact and it took 30 stitches to put his face back together.

Except he didn't go after Mason, Mason like a punk came after him while he was being pushed back.

He came after him to get his helmet back - the helmet that Garrett had just ripped off his head.

there was much more force being used in garrett’s situation...but haynesworth almost hit the guy’s eye. call it even.

I don’t think people have missed it. They’re just letting it go because of what Garrett did before the fact.

I don't think they will let it go.........they shouldn't anyway

what Pouncey did was FAR more benign, almost like what a kid would do...and he did it to somebody who Still had his helmet on, so it was kinda ineffective anyway.
Kicking a guy in the head is "benign"? :confused: Hell, even with a helmet on that could concuss him. My post simply states that kicking a player in the head while on his back with someone else on top of him is inexcusable, yet you and someone else disagree with that. OK.

Kicking a guy in the head is "benign"? :confused: Hell, even with a helmet on that could concuss him. My post simply states that kicking a player in the head while on his back with someone else on top of him is inexcusable, yet you and someone else disagree with that. OK.
Those were kicks were not even full force and Garrett had a helmet on. If this was Brady i would fully support the oline defending their guy.

Teddy Green says hi.

Mason "went after Garrett" because Garrett had driven Rudolph into the ground AND ripped Rudolph's helmet off by that point.

I'm hard-pressed to see how that makes Rudolph the "punk"..

Last edited:
If we are talking all sports my vote is for
1) Todd Bertuzzi sucker punch
2) Marty McSorely stick swing..

Those were kicks were not even full force and Garrett had a helmet on. If this was Brady i would fully support the oline defending their guy.

retaliation is not allowed......and should be punished harshly

First off never create a poll without Ray Lewis killed a guy as an option since without it I never know what to pick.

That aside I think its being over blown a bit. Sure give him 3 or 4 games. Give Pouncey 2. Not sure about the QB but none of that would have happened if he didnt start ripping at Garretts helmet in the first place. Not making excuses for Garrett but there is a cause and effect.

Surely not as harshly the initial act, though, right? Since the retaliation would not have occurred if not for the initial act.

Our legal system distinguishes between premeditated crimes and crimes of passion.

Charles Martin body slamming Jim McMahon was brutal

Gronk's People's Elbow wasn't his finest moment.

Dino Ciccirelli using his stick like a samuri sword

I'm ok with a fine or one-game suspension. There were obviously extenuating circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots