PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: What Was The Worst On the Field Act?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Worst on the Field act?

• Garrett’s helmet swing

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Haynesworth’s head stomp

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I’m asking because I’ve been back and forth on this in terms of what is the worst act.

For those who need a refresher over what Haynesworth did...

Two of the worst on the field acts I’ve ever seen. But which one is worse?

Where’s the choice of the guy in the white suit who murdered two guys in Atlanta before the Super Bowl?

Swinging a helmet with full force into someone's head is more dangerous to me than stomping. But anything involving brute force to the head is obviously a gigantic problem.

EDIT: Forgot about the spikes. Which changes the situation obviously. Thanks for pointing it out @Joey007

Last edited:
Where’s the choice of the guy in the white suit who murdered two guys in Atlanta before the Super Bowl?
I mean I actually wanted real answers here and not have the results get hijacked ;)

Not to mention Ray Ray would not have been smart to murder two guys in from of 60, 000 people. But I’m sure he would’ve gotten away with it somehow.

ftJULi.gif

Swinging a helmet with full force into someone's head is more dangerous to me than stomping. But anything involving brute force to the head is obviously a gigantic problem.
In a vacuum. But remember that Haynesworth had spikes in his cletes. He absolutely could’ve killed that man with that act.

In a vacuum. But remember that Haynesworth had spikes in his cletes. He absolutely could’ve killed that man with that act.

Good point. Forgot about that aspect.

If Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon can be indefinitely suspended for their actions, a sane executive would do the same for Garrett. What he did was not only dangerous, it was criminal assault and battery in front of the cameras. This kind of stuff deserves zero tolerance. End his career. But how long did it take to get that azzhat from CIN, Burfict, to get tossed after many incidents?

Neither incident resulted in a catastrophic injury but it was the severity of the attempts to injure with a lack of concern for the other players safety that is the most galling.

Goodell will have to be quick, firm and resolute in his judgement, everything he is not.

I’m asking because I’ve been back and forth on this in terms of what is the worst act.

For those who need a refresher over what Haynesworth did...

Two of the worst on the field acts I’ve ever seen. But which one is worse?
Some people missed this: last night when Garrett was down on his back with another Steeler on top of him, Pouncey was kicking him in the helmet.

Some people missed this: last night when Garrett was down on his back with another Steeler on top of him, Pouncey was kicking him in the helmet.
I don’t think people have missed it. They’re just letting it go because of what Garrett did before the fact.

I'm more concerned about the draft picks this is going to cost New England and the league deciding it is more probable than not Tom Brady was generally aware a helmet can be removed from an opposing player and used as a weapon against them.

I don’t think people have missed it. They’re just letting it go because of what Garrett did before the fact.
Kicking a guy in the head when he's down on his back with someone on top of him is not excusable.

Tatum intentionally driving an arm into Stingley’s neck and paralyzing him. In a preseason game, no less.

@QuantumMechanic Please share why you believe Pouncey kicking Garrett in the head was OK.

Kicking a guy in the head when he's down on his back with someone on top of him is not excusable.
I mean I agree. I understand why the response happened. But you can’t set any precedent to allow that either.

Haynesworth because it wasn't provoked and seemed more cold and premeditated. The crap that went down last night was a rapid-fire escalation where things got out of hand and escalated quickly. Not justifying it at all, it was a ridiculous despicable act just like what Haynesworth did, but I think if I had to choose (I would rather choose both frankly), I would choose Haynesworth.

OTOH, if he had really fully connected last night like it seemed he was trying to do, and the consequences were worse...that could have been really really bad.

Can I just say there is no real winner here?

Edit: Haynesworth was suspended one game I think. My guess is Garret will be suspended way more than one game. At least 4?

Last edited:
I think both are pretty bad but I would still say Haynesworth was worse. Garrett lost his mind in a heat of the moment thing where he was getting his helmet pulled on by Rudolph and just went overboard. Haynesworth's leg stomp to me is worse because it was after the play while everyone seemed to be getting back up, not a heat of the moment thing. He saw a guy on the ground and made a deliberate decision to attempt to injure a guy completely unprovoked.

There are two reasons that Myles Garrett isn't in jail for killing Rudolph. The first is that it was the foam covered edge of the helmet that hit Rudolph. But the second is that Garrett's arm was blocked by DeCastro from being able to follow through so it took the brunt of the force.

If he'd connected fully, Rudolph would be dead, Garrett in jail and the NFL would have a PR nightmare worse than anything we'd ever seen in sports history.

I put the situation entirely on Garrett because he insisted on driving Rudolph into the ground after Rudolf had gotten rid of the ball on a lateral. That's what, rightly, set Rudolph off. DeCastro went after Garrett because of that. Pouncey came in late after with the punches and then the kick after Garrett took the swing with the helmet. Ogunjobi coming in and shoving Rudolph down was laughable and he'll be fined for it.

I could see Garrett being gone for the rest of the year because of how seriously this is..

Just for the sheer a-holishness of it a shout out to Ol Donkeykong Suh...

schaubnut_medium.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye