PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog

VIDEO: Contract Signing Day Party With Kendrick Bourne

Robert Alvarez on Twitter
April 9, 2021 at 2:03 pm ET

VIDEO: Contract Signing Day Party With Kendrick Bourne(PHOTO: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports)
Posted: Apr 09, 2021 02:03
🕑 Read Time: 2 minutes

Back on March 19th, the New England Patriots added to their wide receiver depth when they signed Kendrick Bourne to a three-year $15 million free agent contract.

Bourne, an undrafted free agent picked up by the San Francisco 49ers, spent his first four NFL seasons in the Bay Area and helped the team reach the Super Bowl in 2019.

Across four pro seasons, Bourne has logged just 137 career receptions for 1,739 yards and 11 touchdowns in 58 career games, but will look to become a top option for the first time in his career this upcoming season.

On Wednesday, Bourne shared some behind-the-scenes footage over his YouTube channel from the day he officially agreed to his contract with the Patriots.

Check it out in the link below.

During his introductory press conference last month, Bourne discussed how comfortable he feels about fitting in with the team.

“I think my skills fit obviously well,” Bourne said. “I can do different things, wherever they want to put me is my main thing. I’m just here to do what I’m asked to do. If I have to run the same route 50 times, I’m going to run the same route 50 times. I just feel like I can do anything, I can run any route.”

The 25-year old Bourne later shared his mindset heading into his first season in Foxborough.

“They could have gone and gotten anybody, there’s so much talent out there,” Bourne said. “I’m just grateful for the opportunity. They’ve seen something in me, they’ve seen that I fit well where they want to use me. My job is to come in and do exactly what they want me to do. I know they’ll put me in a position to be successful, so it’s my job to know the playbook, know the ins and outs of the organization and all that kind of stuff so that I can be successful and be a reason why they gave me this money.”

Since signing, Bourne has already begun building chemistry with the quarterbacks at the “Patriots West” workouts in California.

Posted Under: Patriots Video
Tags: Kendrick Bourne

• Subscribe For Patriots Content Delivered by 6:30am Each Day

• 0 0 votes
    Article Rating
    Notify of
    guest

0 Comments
    Inline Feedbacks

• More Patriots News Headlines:

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons

By: Ian Logue
    There's no question that things will look different on the field for the New England Patriots in 2024, but there will be one notable absence…
    1 day ago
    Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”

Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”

Maye has a prototypical build for a QB at 6’4, 229, possesses a cannon for an arm, and has above-average athleticism, 9 rushing TDs in…
    MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches

MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches

By: Mark Morse
    Before breaking into the NFL, Montgomery worked in several college programs, mostly bouncing around Iowa.
    MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office

MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office

By: Mark Morse
    The Wolf Pack - that's what this new group in the New England Patriots' front office will be known as.
    1 week ago
    49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs

49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs

By: Ian Logue
    Raise your hand if you'd love to know what's going through 49ers GM John Lynch's mind this morning.
    1 week ago