PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: What punishment will the NFL give to Gronk?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will Gronk's punishment be?

• 1 game

Votes: 81 55.1%
  • 2 games

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • 2 games, appealed down to 1

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • more than 2 games

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • fine only

Votes: 27 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Put your hats in the ring on what the NFL hands down to Gronk. My own expectation is a one-game suspension.

He'll get fined is my guess. He has absolutely no past history here. Then again, this IS Rog.

The whole nine yards...its goodell.

Put your hats in the ring on what the NFL hands down to Gronk. My own expectation is a one-game suspension.
it is a no brainer 2 game. However, AJ Green got zero for attacking another player after the whistle and threw punches. But at least his victim was roughly his own size and not face down to the turf no idea he was about to be attacked.

If he doesn’t get suspended, how can the NFL pretend to care about concussions?
Bingo. And that's already Peter "Direct line from Goodell" King's talking point today (well, minus the "pretend", of course).

Probably should be one, they outta set a precedence for that, that's a dangerous play.

probably end up serving a game.

1.)he's a patriot
2.)The patriots have been extra smug lately, trading away both back up qb's
3.)Robert Kraft's son Opening talked mean words at Jerry
4.)do the patriots have a first rounder? they might take that too, just because.
5.)it was a pretty ****ty hit by gronk, a solid 4 seconds after the play was over, right to the back of the head
6.) article 46, so brady ALSO gets a suspension because he threw the ball that started all this the instigator.

He'll get a game, and he deserves it. As someone noted, the NFL needs to do it to keep pretending they care about traumatic brain injuries, but in any case he should get it because he took a cheap shot at someone's head and gave them a traumatic brain injury.

Bills fans are right to want blood. Gronk intentionally concussed their first round rookie after the play was over. We'd all be screaming bloody murder if they had gotten away with the reverse.

He'll get fined is my guess. He has absolutely no past history here. Then again, this IS Rog.
I'm voting a one game suspension. This is the league office, we are talking about. We can't expect a consistent ruling when their actions are going to be dictated by public outcry.

Throwing punch at end of SB 49, throwing that dude out of the club. He got fined for both infractions. He loses his cool: there is precedent.

He deserves a one-game suspension. The NFL is inconsistent, so if this were a Jet it would be a fine, but they would deserve a suspension. Don't let the NFL's ****ty morals distract us from our own. He earned a suspension that was a really dangerous ******** play, as BB said. Wouldn't be surprised if BB suspends him for a game even if the NFL doesn't.

Throwing punch at end of SB 49, throwing that dude out of the club. He got fined for both infractions. He loses his cool: there is precedent.

He deserves a one-game suspension. The NFL is inconsistent, so if this were a Jet it would be a fine, but they would deserve a suspension. Don't let the NFL's ****ty morals distract us from our own. He earned a suspension that was a really dangerous ******** play, as BB said. Wouldn't be surprised if BB suspends him for a game even if the NFL doesn't.

If this were a Jet, White would probably be the one getting a one game suspension.

Is the question "will" or "should"?

Should... 1 game, and the league gets the message loud and clear that he and the team will no longer tolerate Gronk being defended this way on purpose.

Will... I think a hefty fine only. If it's true it was not post whistle I think that might be mitigating enough to avoid a suspension either initially or in appeal.

Bingo. And that's already Peter "Direct line from Goodell" King's talking point today (well, minus the "pretend", of course).

So let's say he gets 2 games, he can still appeal and play the next 2 game @Dolphins and @Steelers and then turn around and drop the appeal and sit out the last two games at home. Am I right?

Two games. The league will want to give the Steelers every chance to win that they can.

Two games. The league will want to give the Steelers every chance to win that they can.

however, there's a flipside......if there's no gronk and the pats still win, well......seasons over boys.....we're heading to the big one

3 games.

I know it's our guy, but that was clear intent to injure a defenseless player. Once you take the fan glasses off there's no possible defense of Gronkowski. As the league you HAVE to throw the book at that. You HAVE to set an example to prevent repeat performances every time some meathead doesn't like the noncall.

I'd expect a harsh penalty even if the Pats weren't involved. That was absolutely disgusting and a message needs to be sent here, even if it is a player I personally love

It all goes back to the guys running the NFL. What's the rule on contact beyond the line of scrimmage. I don't think it's changed of being no contact by either player after 5 yds. All the non calls just leads to frustration and chippy players. Either throw out the rule or call it. It seems as if every year there is more contact allowed. If the receiver isn't a big strong guy like Gronk or a few others it's near impossible to catch a contested pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back