PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: What punishment will the NFL give to Gronk?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will Gronk's punishment be?

• 1 game

Votes: 81 55.1%
  • 2 games

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • 2 games, appealed down to 1

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • more than 2 games

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • fine only

Votes: 27 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said a game but as we all know anything we do is seen as 10 times worse than if any one else did it. So 2-4 games would not shock me...frankly ban for life and jail time would not shock me any more lol.

one game.....makes it impossible for Gronk to maximize his performance bonuses and will cost him a ton of money........that will be more than sufficient

one game.....makes it impossible for Gronk to maximize his performance bonuses and will cost him a ton of money........that will be more than sufficient
The consequences to Gronk are beside the point. It's not about a given player being "punished enough" or not. It's about whether the punishment is enough to sufficiently deter an unwanted behavior without being absolutely unjust.

Considering this is a deliberate attack on a defenseless player with contact to the head, 1 game is not enough. If this had happened to our guy every single one of us would be out for blood. I said 3 games and I'm gonna stick with that because it's what I'd want an opposing player to get if the roles were reversed.

I'm tired of hearing about it. He should get what everyone else gets which is apparently a $9k fine.

Imagine it’ll be a huge fine, plus at least 1 game fine. Might work out okay for us him having a game rest too!

my guess is actually one game appealed to a fine.....but the timing of the appeal, if he can't get it scheduled BEFORE this weekend, could change that.......if the appeal were scheduled after miami, he'd drop it

He SHOULD get a hefty fine. I would be able to live, grudgingly, with a one game suspension. I FEAR he'll get more than that because the league has no problem imposing stiff penalties on the Pats when they've done nothing wrong. Here there is clear evidence that a Pats player did something wrong, even though it's a first offense from a player not known to do these things.

He SHOULD get a hefty fine. I would be able to live, grudgingly, with a one game suspension. I FEAR he'll get more than that because the league has no problem imposing stiff penalties on the Pats when they've done nothing wrong. Here there is clear evidence that a Pats player did something wrong, even though it's a first offense from a player not known to do these things.
He deliberately targeted a defenseless player after the play was over and hit him in the head. With all the fury in the league these days about head contact, 1 game would be incredibly lenient.

He deliberately targeted a defenseless player after the play was over and hit him in the head. With all the fury in the league these days about head contact, 1 game would be incredibly lenient.
Defenseless player? That dude had been holding him all game. So **** that dude. He can be dropped off a plane over North Korea. That stupid **** got a cheap interception on Brady

Are you actually a fan of the Patriots? You don't seem like you are.

BS

alonzo purposefully hit a sliding QB (who is down as soon as he slides; rule #1) and lowered his shoulder and targeted the head (rule #2)....he took 4 steps after flacco showed his intention to slide, and made no effort to pull up, and clearly, without a shadow of a doubt went for the head......these are two major, point of emphasis player safety rules he purposefully ignored, and he knocked flacco out of the game and put him into concussion protocol......he received a $9k fine

gronk broke one rule: late hit after the whistle......there is no way you can say he 'targeted the head', a 270lb guy puts a shoulder into your back and your head is going to bounce off the turf......but to say he targeted the head just isn't reality

it was dumb, it was stupid, it was a loss of control........but to even put it into the same class as the Alonso hit is ludicrous......the NFL has been making new rules on a nearly yearly basis to protect QB's and to protect the heads of defenseless players, and Alonso purposefully ignored them......

i know the NFL has little integrity and consistency these days, but calling for multiple games is laughable.....

Are you actually a fan of the Patriots? You don't seem like you are.
I'm a fan of the Patriots, but I'm not a blind homer. I believe strongly in the Patriot Way, and what Gronk did is a betrayal of the Patriot Way. It was selfish, immature, unprofessional and it hurt the team. He did not Do His Job. Bill isn't protecting Gronk here for what he did and I'm gonna take my cue from him.

Besides, I bet we still win those games Gronk or no Gronk. We have the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB. We've got this.

Evans ran after a player, drilled him in the back, and got on top of him and punched him.....he got one game, and that was far more flagrant than this

BS

alonzo purposefully hit a sliding QB (who is down as soon as he slides; rule #1) and lowered his shoulder and targeted the head (rule #2)....he took 4 steps after flacco showed his intention to slide, and made no effort to pull up, and clearly, without a shadow of a doubt went for the head......these are two major, point of emphasis player safety rules he purposefully ignored, and he knocked flacco out of the game and put him into concussion protocol......he received a $9k fine

gronk broke one rule: late hit after the whistle......there is no way you can say he 'targeted the head', a 270lb guy puts a shoulder into your back and your head is going to bounce off the turf......but to say he targeted the head just isn't reality

it was dumb, it was stupid, it was a loss of control........but to even put it into the same class as the Alonso hit is ludicrous......the NFL has been making new rules on a nearly yearly basis to protect QB's and to protect the heads of defenseless players, and Alonso purposefully ignored them......

i know the NFL has little integrity and consistency these days, but calling for multiple games is laughable.....

I didn't say he targeted the head. I said he targeted a defenseless player, with contact to the head. That is bad enough, especially with all the concerns about concussions and CTE these days. They're going to throw the book at him, the only question is whether or not you're OK with that. Sincve what he did was absolute chicken****, I'm OK with it.

I'm a fan of the Patriots, but I'm not a blind homer. I believe strongly in the Patriot Way, and what Gronk did is a betrayal of the Patriot Way. It was selfish, immature, unprofessional and it hurt the team. He did not Do His Job. Bill isn't protecting Gronk here for what he did and I'm gonna take my cue from him.

Besides, I bet we still win those games Gronk or no Gronk. We have the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB. We've got this.

has BB said anything other than the apology to mcdermott?

I'm not a blind homer either, but calling for a multiple game suspension of Gronk by you and several others is a head scratcher for me.

hahaha bills fans wanting gronk charged by the cps for assault with a deadly weapon, I wish he would use that thing to give them brain damage, even though it would be hard to give them any more than they already have. tie all those idiots up on posts and stone them

I didn't say he targeted the head. I said he targeted a defenseless player, with contact to the head. That is bad enough, especially with all the concerns about concussions and CTE these days. They're going to throw the book at him, the only question is whether or not you're OK with that. Sincve what he did was absolute chicken****, I'm OK with it.

most reasoned expectation varies from a fine to one game appealed to fine to one game.....so not sure where the 'throw the book at him' comes from

am i ok with what he did? no.....it was dumb......but in the terms of dumb things/rules violations that warrant further league attention, this was nowhere near as bad as Evans, as Talib/Crabtree II, as Alonso, as Trevathan........if his head didn't bounce off the turf (for the second time in about 15 seconds), we aren't even having this discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes