PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: What punishment will the NFL give to Gronk?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will Gronk's punishment be?

• 1 game

Votes: 81 55.1%
  • 2 games

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • 2 games, appealed down to 1

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • more than 2 games

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • fine only

Votes: 27 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a blind homer either, but calling for a multiple game suspension of Gronk by you and several others is a head scratcher for me.
I'm calling for this for Gronk because if someone targeted Butler or one of our linebackers like this, I'd sure as heck want that level of punishment.

Let's say Antonio Brown flips out at Butler because he made a pick and there was a little contact before the interception with no flags thrown, and Butler's on the ground and he does a WWE tackle on him like Gronk did to White. Do you think nearly every homer on this forum wouldn't be out for blood? Because I know they would be. I know I would be too

What Gronk did would be considered absolutely inexcusable on this forum if he weren't our guy. So I'm just applying that same standard to OUR guys.

hahaha this bills guy I know said brady and gronk better leave on a ca rt with broken necks next game. i wish he could go out there and play and someone send him off in a body bag to the morgue. stupid mother ****ers

I'm calling for this for Gronk because if someone targeted Butler or one of our linebackers like this, I'd sure as heck want that level of punishment.

Let's say Antonio Brown flips out at Butler because he made a pick and there was a little contact before the interception with no flags thrown, and Butler's on the ground and he does a WWE tackle on him like Gronk did to White. Do you think nearly every homer on this forum wouldn't be out for blood? Because I know they would be. I know I would be too

What Gronk did would be considered absolutely inexcusable on this forum if he weren't our guy. So I'm just applying that same standard to OUR guys.

well, antonio brown weighs a cool 185, probably with his gear on........so it'd be pretty funny to watch, actually

and no one here disputes it was a bad play......what we want is the league to act in accordance with its own rules and its own history of punishment....we want the same standard applied

that standard would be a fine or at worst a 1-game appealed down to a fine, based on gronk's (lack of) history and the play itself.......as i've said elsewhere, Alonso's play a few weeks ago was lightyears worse than this, $9k fine

Whoooooa now. Holding a Patriots player to a reasonable, objective standard of conduct? Not on my Pats Fans dot com, buddy.

I’m hoping for a fine but I think Roger is so concern for player safety that he’ll ask Gronk to go on vacation to rejuvenate so that he can bring the boom come playoff time.

Being bumped and held comes with the turf of being the best TE in the game and maybe the best ever. Gronk usually controls his emotions, but yesterday he just flat out lost his ****.

The hit put White into the concussion protocol. If an opposing TE or lineman, nearly twice as big as Butler (270 vs. 190), did that to Malcolm, I'd sure as hell want him suspended for a game. White was OB and defenseless on the ground for a couple of seconds before Gronk piled into him.

So, I think a one game suspension is probably the best we can hope for. If it turns out that White has a concussion and has to miss a game or two himself, then I think it will be more.

If it's one game, he should just accept it and assume that the O is good enough to beat Miami without him. If it's two games and would keep him out vs. Pittsburgh, then he should appeal.

So let's say he gets 2 games, he can still appeal and play the next 2 game @Dolphins and @Steelers and then turn around and drop the appeal and sit out the last two games at home. Am I right?
No.

Depends on when the appeal is heard.

I already posted my prediction: two game suspension. Gronk appeals. Appeal is heard, allowing Gronk to play against Miami. Results of appeal are announced after Miami game. They are a reduction of suspension to one game. Thus Gronk misses Steelers game.

A rational and fair commish would suspend Gronk for the Bills game.
1) Compensation directly to the Bills who were the ones damaged.
2) Helps keep retaliation off the board. Player safety.

I say this as a complete hypocrite, being emotional in the heat of the moment myself.

Years ago approaching 50 I'm playing pickup hoops on the Cape. Got stuck at forward where I was physically outmatched by a 20 years younger 40+ LBS heavier, 5 inches taller opponent. But I do play stout defense and could take a hit. Guy kept running into me, elbowing me, etc. and then had the effrontery to call ME on a foul when his shot missed. Threatened to beat the you know what out of me after the game because I would not let him score at will. I took this threat seriously.
So, later on we're all fast breaking down the court. Without forethought I cross body block him full speed at mid court tossing him "out of the club" across the sand into a pine tree. Lying there dazed, his buddies all run over to him, I point and shout, "Now that! THAT's a foul!"
Sprinted to my car and drove outta there before I was a dead man. Stayed away from that court the rest of the week.

All I can add is when Gronk gets punished, I want to hear from the twit Alberto Riveron (director of officiating) a detailed explanation as to why White did not interfere with Gronkowski on that play and why there was no infraction.

He's definitely getting suspended, no question about it. The ESPN hacks are foaming at the mouth, Steven A Smith saying "a minimum of 3 games", Kellerman saying "the worst hit in the NFL all season and talking about brain-stem injuries"...Golic, hopefully the most realistic saying probably a 1 game suspension. What, a tragic error in judgement by Gronk. I voted 2 games reduced to 1 on appeal.

Also, just to add, the scariest thing about this is that Goodell now decides his fate. He has shown time and time again he will take joy in overly screwing the Pats and will follow the media firestorm. There are already people calling for 4 games or more, totally sickening. Don't be surprised one bit if Goodell levies a 3-4 game suspension and then reduces it to 2-3 games citing "something about the seriousness of brain injuries" and that it warranted a very stiff penalty. Sigh......

no surprise...espn is leading the charge. saw on twitter that lebatard thinks gronk should be for 5 games. stephen a smith says 3 games.

gronk is definitely going down for at least 2 games. which means he misses the big steelers game.
so absurd but we all know goodell hates us. curious to see what robert kraft does ( nothing )

If this is anymore than a fine I'm going to lose MY ****. How many times has that psycho from the Bengals done stuff like this and NOT been suspended.

Also, just to add, the scariest thing about this is that Goodell now decides his fate. He has shown time and time again he will take joy in overly screwing the Pats and will follow the media firestorm. There are already people calling for 4 games or more, totally sickening. Don't be surprised one bit if Goodell levies a 3-4 game suspension and then reduces it to 2-3 games citing "something about the seriousness of brain injuries" and that it warranted a very stiff penalty. Sigh......

the reaction is even more insane than i though. goodell is going to his us hard!

All I can add is when Gronk gets punished, I want to hear from the twit Alberto Riveron (director of officiating) a detailed explanation as to why White did not interfere with Gronkowski on that play and why there was no infraction.
You won't, because that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether or why Gronkowski was suspended. He had no right to hit White like that regardless of what White did to him or what the Refs did or did not call. It feels emotionally like it should be a balancing factor but it absolutely is not. There is no mitigation here.

Gronkowski hit a player unnecessarily, multiple seconds after the whistle, while said player was down and defenseless, and in the process made contact with the head and put that player in concussion protocol. The refs did not make him do that, he did it all by himself on his own responsibility and he has to take ownership of that.

It was an absolutely unnecessary move by Gronk exacerbated by putting the player in concussion protocol. The league will come down hard on him for this and they will be 100% right to do so. You do NOT hit a defenseless player after the whistle under any circumstances, and you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT HIT HIM IN THE HEAD!

He's definitely getting suspended, no question about it. The ESPN hacks are foaming at the mouth, Steven A Smith saying "a minimum of 3 games", Kellerman saying "the worst hit in the NFL all season and talking about brain-stem injuries"...Golic, hopefully the most realistic saying probably a 1 game suspension. What, a tragic error in judgement by Gronk. I voted 2 games reduced to 1 on appeal.

please show kellerman this hit:

There is no excuse for Gronk.,...I dont care if he was being mugged all the way down the field...Holding can be called on every play. He has to be better than that.

I didn’t think he would get a suspension but I changed my mind after seeing it forty times, he deserves a week and hopefully not two. But what he did was wrong. I feel bad for him because I dont think he is that type of guy and he let his emotions get the better of him, everyone has it happen to them.

Im not worried about the next game with Buffalo, the refs and coaches will be watching that closely and the buffalo players talking about it are already getting the attention of the NFL, pretty stupid to say it out loud.

Anyway Im disapointed in Gronk, he is getting a suspension it will just depend on how long, 1-3 games probably. The guys on the networks think 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes