PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Poll): Preferred divisional opponent: Texans, Chargers, or Ravens? edit: Sun Jan 13 @1:05 PM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is your preferred divisional round opponent for the Patriots?

• Texans

Votes: 95 70.9%
  • Ravens

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Chargers

Votes: 15 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't throw. I'm pretty sure BB can come up with a defensive game plan.

Actually, yeah, he can.

Jackson's completion percentage and yds/attempt are much better than Allen's and , and his interception % is half theirs.

Jackson is also - by far - the fastest, smartest, and most agile runner of all the young running QBs. Jackson's RPO skills are excellent, and the Ravens have a punishing, up-the-gut runner in Gus Edwards - plus Alex Collins and Javorius Allen who can both catch very well out of the backfield.

The fact that LAC have to travel to Baltimore is ridiculous. Thankfully, we play in the AFCE.
Having said that, I don’t want KC getting off easy with the Colts (they will wilt in the hostile, cold conditions against a great team). I’d rather host Houston.

Amy chance Ravens QB Jackson has a chip on his shoulder regarding the patriots asking him to change positions should they draft him?
(Assuming that rumor is true).

It’s because they aren’t the #1 seed.

I don't think it's been automatic that the #1 seed play the saturday night game. Someone in another thread posted reasons why but I can't remember what thread at the moment.

It's always been appealing for the networks having the Pats play the saturday night game as I'm sure the ratings have been great due to the large "fan base" and people watching rooting for them to lose.

I don't think it's been automatic that the #1 seed play the saturday night game. Someone in another thread posted reasons why but I can't remember what thread at the moment.

It's always been appealing for the networks having the Pats play the saturday night game as I'm sure the ratings have been great due to the large "fan base" and people watching rooting for them to lose.

Early or late probably depends at least somewhat on the time zone of the venue.

Two thoughts, without much time really to think about it:
1) Any of the AFC Playoff teams could make it to the SB.
2) The Pats chances of being that team are much greater if the road to Atlanta ends up going through Foxboro.
Nothing more for now.

i have took 5 seconds to think...i go with HOU...

I don't pick anyone i would want to play, might come back to bite. I just want Home PO Games in Gillette and let cards fall where they may.

Actually, yeah, he can.

Jackson's completion percentage and yds/attempt are much better than Allen's and , and his interception % is half theirs.

Jackson is also - by far - the fastest, smartest, and most agile runner of all the young running QBs. Jackson's RPO skills are excellent, and the Ravens have a punishing, up-the-gut runner in Gus Edwards - plus Alex Collins and Javorius Allen who can both catch very well out of the backfield.

Against college defenses and really crappy NFL teams, sure he can throw.

I think the Chargers win next week. They should have beaten them back in November but for that Gates fumble.

I just checked the forecast for Sun, Jan 13. It’s supposed to be a nasty day weather-wise, with a mix of snow and rain- 36 degrees. Says snow accumulation of around 1 inch. Granted, it’s 2 weeks from now, but I’ll take it.

Against college defenses and really crappy NFL teams, sure he can throw.

I think the Chargers win next week. They should have beaten them back in November but for that Gates fumble.

I'm not saying that Jackson is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm simply not willing to be dismissive.

Jackson can throw well enough when he needs to. He simply hasn't needed to very often since becoming a starter.

Jackson's own rushing yds/game over the past 7 weeks would make him 3rd in the league, behind only Elliott and Gurley. His ypa for the last 7 weeks is right up there with Barkley and McCaffery. As a team, the Ravens have been averaging 217 yds/game rushing over the past 7 weeks (132/gm, not including Jackson).

The Ravens offense isn't "unstoppable", but its not as if the Pats defense can leave their "A-game" in the locker room, especially their run-D and QB-contain.

Meanwhile, the Ravens defense has still been top-5 against both the run AND the pass.

Chargers are our best chance in hosting the AFCCG ,,,so go Houston and Chargers.
Chiefs will fold against Rivers in a pressure game for them,, that's my gut feeling.

Let the ravens go to arrowhead first, imo. We can take the Texans... then we can retire Suggs If they out the chiefs.

I'm not saying that Jackson is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm simply not willing to be dismissive.

Jackson can throw well enough when he needs to. He simply hasn't needed to very often since becoming a starter.

Jackson's own rushing yds/game over the past 7 weeks would make him 3rd in the league, behind only Elliott and Gurley. His ypa for the last 7 weeks is right up there with Barkley and McCaffery. As a team, the Ravens have been averaging 217 yds/game rushing over the past 7 weeks (132/gm, not including Jackson).

The Ravens offense isn't "unstoppable", but its not as if the Pats defense can leave their "A-game" in the locker room, especially their run-D and QB-contain.

Meanwhile, the Ravens defense has still been top-5 against both the run AND the pass.

What does, "Throw well enough when he needs to." mean? Hes the worst passing QB in the playoffs. 6-7 in the box all day.

Check out his 3rd down passing. Sorry but he hasn't earned his stripes as a passing Qb in the NFL yet.

Lamar Jackson

I think we beat the Texans by 10 to 14 points. They're a joke and wont come into Foxboro and threaten, so that's my vote.

I want LA to knock off KC so we can host AFCCG because I feel wed be pretty decent underdogs on the road at arrowhead.

The Ravens aren't great but I'm a history matters guy and they always play us tough. Regardless of roster.

I just checked the forecast for Sun, Jan 13. It’s supposed to be a nasty day weather-wise, with a mix of snow and rain- 36 degrees. Says snow accumulation of around 1 inch. Granted, it’s 2 weeks from now, but I’ll take it.

Let us pray.

The fact that LAC have to travel to Baltimore is ridiculous. Thankfully, we play in the AFCE.
Having said that, I don’t want KC getting off easy with the Colts (they will wilt in the hostile, cold conditions against a great team). I’d rather host Houston.

Why? Divisions matter. Division games are worth more. To me this is more interesting that just ranking the entire conference by record. You're not alone but if that's your take then dissolve the divisions. I hope they leave it as is.

All Defenses in this league are suspect. I like the way the Pats are heading. Yes ,the Texan defense sounds formidable but we are outdoors in January at home. Go PATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye