PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Poll): Preferred divisional opponent: Texans, Chargers, or Ravens? edit: Sun Jan 13 @1:05 PM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is your preferred divisional round opponent for the Patriots?

• Texans

Votes: 95 70.9%
  • Ravens

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Chargers

Votes: 15 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely comfortable with the ravens coming in here. Ill take my chances against a rookie at home, But we match up well with Houston. There biggest weaknesses are pass defense and O line. Our O line can handle that D line at home for sure

Ive seen what running QBs do to this team...I don't want the Ravens as well as that D

I’d say Ravens but the talk leading up to the game about how scared the Pats should be of the Ravens because of what the team was a half a decade ago will be insufferable.

It would be no different than a Giants SB rematch.

The Texans because the Pats know them fairly well. Also the Chargers can score enough to keep up with Mahomes and the Pats would have home field. Baltimore can't put up enough points against KC to beat them.

The Patriots know how to deal with Watson. Apparently the last 5-6 weeks, teams didn't know what to do with Lamar Jackson. I can just see him being a nightmare for this defense.

I dont think that's right. The Rams are the 2 and are playing the Saturday night game. Its Fox's year for that time slot.

I dont think that's right. The Rams are the 2 and are playing the Saturday night game. Its Fox's year for that time slot.
Pats have always played in prime time with the #1 seed.

However, they were in prime time as the #2 seed in 2001. So you could be right.

Rather face the Ravens sure they have the best D but a rookie QB in Gillete never does well. Either way postseason football now anything can happen.

It was really tough, but I selected the Ravens. Though if aim being completely honest, I don’t want to see the Ravens.

Please no

Can't get the 2009 wildcard out of my head

I'm surprised at how difficult a choice this has been for me. From a purely Patriots game play perspective, it's Houston without hesitation. But, when I factor in the team going up against the Chiefs, I start leaning towards wanting the Colts to upset the Texans, and the Patriots facing the Chargers.

So, basically, I've gotten it down to "Not the Ravens", at this point.

I don't care who the Pats play at home but Houston would mean that either the Ravens or Chargers are at KC and I think either one of those two could beat KC at home.

Would anyone truly be shocked to see Indy go to Houston and beat them? Haven’t the Colts gone like, 9-1 since their 1-5 start? Plus it’s a divisional game so anything goes.

I agree. It seemed to me that the only reason the game was close last night is that the Colts shot themselves in the foot a couple times. The Colts OL is legit, Luck and the rest of the offense is getting hot and in sync, and the Colts defense has been playing much better.

My guess is that the Colts beat the Texans in Houston, and the Pats face the winner of the Ravens-Chargers game.

I think Indy's defense is better than KC's, and that Luck may be just good enough now to win in a semi-shootout.

If the Pats can get by the Ravens/Chargers in the Divisional, we may end up watching another NE-Indy battle for the AFC Championship .... at Gillette. And the Pats may have the best defense between those two.

The Texans because the Pats know them fairly well. Also the Chargers can score enough to keep up with Mahomes and the Pats would have home field. Baltimore can't put up enough points against KC to beat them.

The Chargers have a legit defense. The Chiefs don't really have a defense.

Ive seen what running QBs do to this team...I don't want the Ravens as well as that D

Josh Allen is a running QB and they did fine against him. Like Allen Jackson can’t throw well especially to anyone not directly in front of him.

The Ravens defense is good (not great) but the Patriots have beaten other equally good defenses this year

No-one is beating us at home. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see something close to a repeat of the Tebow playoff game at Foxboro.

Last edited:
The Browns put up over 400 yards of offense against the vaunted Ravens D. The Browns. The Browns. In Baltimore. The Browns. Bring um up and send them home.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes