Votes: 29 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming Cam's not ready, who starts at QB against Denver?

24 hours ago, I would have said Hoyer won the job over Stidham in a landslide in camp for a reason. Today, I'll be very upset if Hoyer starts another game. He was weakest in the only aspect we expected him to be strong at (intelligence/awareness). He has absolutely nothing to offer and honestly shouldn't even be wasting a roster spot.

Hoyer is pointless

I mean, that's kind of where I'm landing with this.

He has no upside - he had his extremely modest career peak like 5 years ago or something, and his given no evidence to suggest he's capable of a second act that even clears that low bar.

Stidhman at least theoretically could amount to something.

I mean, that's kind of where I'm landing with this.

He has no upside - he had his extremely modest career peak like 5 years ago or something, and his given no evidence to suggest he's capable of a second act that even clears that low bar.

Stidhman at least theoretically could amount to something.

and we can find out if he isn't and move on if need be......they might both be a complete waste of time........bring kaepernick in

0 votes for Hoyer. Yikes

Vs KC

Hoyer 24 attempts - 15 completions - 130 yards - 62% completion rate - 0 TD - 1 INT - 2 Sacks. After Hoyer calmed down he made some very good throws and decisions. Hoyer was sailing balls in the beginning which led to the INT. A 62% completion rate is workable. The 2 costly mental mistakes resulting in 6 lost points did Hoyer in for the night, but they can be fixed.

Stidham 13 attempts - 5 completions - 38% completion rate - 1 TD - 2 INT - 0 Sacks. Some of his incompletions were dropped receptions just like with Hoyer. The INT in the endzone was brutal. Hoyer was locking on to Byrd. The Edelman INT needs to be caught, but the ball should have thrown at the numbers to where only your guy gets it or nobody does. Down by the goaline is a gift 7 points with not a prayer to tackle the defense from scoring.

I’d go with stidham. While both were a bit of a train wreck I’d say hoyer was worse. Stidham didn’t really goof until things were out of hand and we did not help him out. Each time he touched the ball he was trailing double digits, despite throwing a td on his first drive. Then the pick six through Edelman’s hands, not his fault imo put us in a 16 pt hole where he threw the bad pick. Hoyer had every opportunity to help us seize control of the game when the rest of the team was fighting their butt off and things were looking good and blew it repeatedly.

I think for better or for worse stidham should get a chance at 0-0 to prove himself. Hoyer has proven for years now that he can’t be counted on.

Last edited:
When Dante Scarnechia stated Stidham would have growing pains we witnessed what DS was referring to last night.

Stidham had his shot waiting in the wings to supplant Hoyer as # 2.

Hoyer shouldn't see the field again.

Hoyer cost this team a lot more than 6 points. He had a lot more than 2 mental errors. In fact, the last play of the half had 2 mental errors by itself. First was him taking the sack and the second was him attempting to call Time Out when they didn't have one.

I hope Cam has a chance otherwise Stidham

I was honestly destroyed after Hoyer performance

Neither should have been an option.

Well..they're our backups and I don't think there's any free agents out there who are much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes