Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the offense figure it out in Pittsburgh this week?

• Yes, Bourne will play and they'll surprise everyone and look like an offense

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • Sort of, we'll move the ball but still struggle to score

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Definitely not, the Steelers create a bunch of turnovers and we'll lose and all be miserable

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • No ... how about that Ray Lewis guy? Did you know we play Baltimore next week?

Votes: 15 13.8%

• Total voters
Expecting a season of ups and downs. This week the offense does enough, we see a full team effort, nothing too flashy but they get 25+ and win by 10. They'll crash other times this season. This week they roll.

(Source of info: gut feelings and homerism)
Steelers have a way better defense than miami, in order to get 25 the steelers would have to turn the ball over about 8 times.

Patriots offense itself is a mess and the play calling is a mess. This is more than a couple of tweaks that need to be made over a few weeks. This will be a bumpy ride...

The Pats will call running plays...the Steelers will plug the gaps pre-snap showing they will try to stop the run...Mac will see it...Mac will NOT audible out of the play call because he's been forbidden....
Of all the offseason changes on offense, this is the one that makes no sense to me.
Why in the world would you not want your qb to audible out of what would be a bad play? This came out a few months ago and I haven't heard any media directly ask BB that question. Maybe someone did and I missed it but if so I'd like to hear BB's response. Smh

Steelers have a way better defense than miami, in order to get 25 the steelers would have to turn the ball over about 8 times.
Sorry brother you can't stop it from happening. The gut feeling has spoken quite loudly.

Well maybe he needs to learn them before that.
No nfl coach knows what they have any sooner. I guess you're new to the nfl.
It takes that many games against a variety of different offenses and defenses
and how your own team's offense and defense responds. You can't really judge your team in preseason when every opponent is vanilla.

On offense I think they'll be hard pressed to make a big jump. Even with Watt out that pass rush is ferocious and unless Trubisky has a nightmare performance and the Patriots have a lot of extra drives due to turnovers, I don't see them breaking 20 this week. On the other hand, the Steelers offense might be a bottom 3 unit in the league, so I'm confident the defense will do their job at least adequately. This game comes down to the OL, if they can protect the Patriots should pull it off.

What I (and probably BB) want to see the most out of the offense is just not repeating the same mistakes. I want a wider variety of personnel packages, more play action, more shots downfield. It's ok if they fall on their faces, just don't fall your face making the same mistakes you made last week

real question is, would it be best for the team to win, or to have Fatty bench Agholor for fumbling, call another clunker, and get himself even closer to being fired?
Bill would never in a million years let FM get fired

I think it'll be better...hopefully a win.

You say that, but the Patriots weren't gassed and sweating profusely in the fourth quarter of that game like they had been in past meetings, so I'd say the early trip down there paid off from that standpoint. As for the rest...well...different story ;)
Seems like the practice facility they chose was inadequate. There wasn't even a proper football field.

BB has always said you don't really know your team until mid-October.
That sounds interesting until you look at their record in December and January for the last three seasons: 6-11. That's a full season worth of games for consideration.

Regarding this weekend's game... isn't it hard to feel optimistic about it? Pittsburgh's defense just terrorized a really good Cincinnati offense... 7 sacks and 5 takeaways. On it's best day the Pat's offense isn't on par with Cincinnati's. The Pat's offense was bland, unimaginative and stagnant against Miami. They butchered their best looking drive with a very boneheaded call for a 50/50 ball against Miami's top DB on 1st down. The entire game they went play-action only once or twice. Their bet hope is to get their running game going to set up some quick hitters on play action. Try to mitigate Pitt's pass rush with a consistent short passing game. Obviously no turnovers. Feed Damien Harris in the low red zone. If they can get in the 20-24 point range then they'll have a chance. Pitt's offense is limited with Trubisky at quarterback. They're similar to Miami in that regard, good supporting cast with a below average quarterback. They need to capitalize on turnover opportunities... Tua made a number of bad plays yet the Patriots didn't have any takeaways.

In summary, if the Patriots can lean on the running game, set up play-action, and have an efficient short passing game, then the offense could look a lot better. Defensively, force Trubisky into turnovers. I can see the latter happening but I'm not feeling good about the offense. I have them losing the game (at which point we can start looking forward to Detroit in week 5).

They better get it together this week. Pitt should be beatable. Baltimore is going to be out for blood after the "act of god" weather event induced L the last time they were in town.

Here are some interesting stats...

Patriots are 3-5 when Damien Harris rushes for 100 or more yards.
Patriots are 2-0 when Rhamondre Stevenson rushes for 100 or more yards.

Patriots are 2-0 when Mac Jones passes for 300 or more yards.
Patriots are 0-5 when Mac Jones passes for 250-299 yards.
Patriots are 5-1 when Mac Jones passes for 210 or less yards.

Patriots are 7-1 when Mac Jones has 0 INTs.
Patriots are 3-8 when Mac Jones has 1 or more INTs.

Until Mac stops panicking, this team is not going anywhere. The changes have unnerved him.

On every offensive single snap of every single game that jones plays, there are 11 angry men who can make more money on their next contract, every time they hit jones!

Add to that, 5 very confused guys who are the victim of really bad coaching are all that stand between jones and an early painful death!

I think I would have happy feet if I were in Jones’s shoes.

I expect the run game to be more involved this week as they don’t get behind early. That said I think this will be a defensive slugfest on both sides with it being that boring type where it’s just bad offense not good defense. Turnovers will be like 2-3 each team but the one with 2 wins the game. I think the pats offense is just better enough then the Steelers offense that they will string together 3 good drives and look to build off of what works.

On every offensive single snap of every single game that jones plays, there are 11 angry men who can make more money on their next contract, every time they hit jones!

Add to that, 5 very confused guys who are the victim of really bad coaching are all that stand between jones and an early painful death!

I think I would have happy feet if I were in Jones’s shoes.

Especially when your most explosive play-maker is riding the pine and your latest "weapon" is worthy of only 2 targets out of 30 drop-backs... and helped cause a demoralizing turnover during the first one...

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back