Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the offense figure it out in Pittsburgh this week?

• Yes, Bourne will play and they'll surprise everyone and look like an offense

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • Sort of, we'll move the ball but still struggle to score

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Definitely not, the Steelers create a bunch of turnovers and we'll lose and all be miserable

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • No ... how about that Ray Lewis guy? Did you know we play Baltimore next week?

Votes: 15 13.8%

• Total voters
I just wish the team was in Pittsburg right now adapting to the climate, gaining that edge.
You say that, but the Patriots weren't gassed and sweating profusely in the fourth quarter of that game like they had been in past meetings, so I'd say the early trip down there paid off from that standpoint. As for the rest...well...different story ;)

You say that, but the Patriots weren't gassed and sweating profusely in the fourth quarter of that game like they had been in past meetings, so I'd say the early trip down there paid off from that standpoint. As for the rest...well...different story ;)
I wonder if it actually was a factor that some of the team had conditioning/heat at the forefront of their minds compared to the gameplan.

Counterpoint against myself: the gameplan seemed bad regardless of execution (which was also bad).

You say that, but the Patriots weren't sweating profusely in the fourth quarter of that game like they had been in past meetings,
Damn....
Bill solved the S. Florida heat in 5 days and I've been churning out 2-a-days (walking the dog) for 2 decades and I still end up drenched after 10 houses.
I did notice how fresh and spritely Bourne was
so I'd say the early trip down there paid off from that standpoint.
Oh Ian.........

Homer

• Sports fan that is loyal to his home team.

• a simple minded person, never cognizant of the world around them; MORON. "Homers" typically have "dumb luck." One would typically refer to someone as a "Homer" when they have done or said something that is totally moronic.

backing up homer simpson GIF

real question is, would it be best for the team to win, or to have Fatty bench Agholor for fumbling, call another clunker, and get himself even closer to being fired?

The Pats will call running plays...the Steelers will plug the gaps pre-snap showing they will try to stop the run...Mac will see it...Mac will NOT audible out of the play call because he's been forbidden....Pittsburgh will take the Pats running game out of the mix...Pittsburgh will get up a couple of scores...the Pats will start calling pass plays off of play action...Pittsburgh will go into their patented pass defense and eviscerate the Pats passing game as Mac drops back and throws where he's told to throw....if Mac holds the ball longer than 3 seconds, Fitzpatrick is going to do more than give him a "sore back". All of you better get used to the FACT that this is NOT the same offense Mac ran last year under McD. This is the "my way or the highway...period" Rocket Scientist offense.

Maybe the following weekend at home, but not this weekend... Pats haven't played a complete road game since Atlanta...

BB has always said you don't really know your team until mid-October.

Where is the "yeah..... I don't think so..." option Ian?

BB has always said you don't really know your team until mid-October.

By then we might be trailing 10 other teams in the standings...

If that's the case, then I hope he knows his team well enough to realize that it ain't happening this year, and that the best course of action is to start preparing for 2023 by first becoming a Seller at the trade deadline a couple of weeks later (like he should've been in 2020), and then by playing the kids in order to make a proper evaluation of them before the offseason, while at the same time still protecting Mac as best he can...

Expecting a season of ups and downs. This week the offense does enough, we see a full team effort, nothing too flashy but they get 25+ and win by 10. They'll crash other times this season. This week they roll.

(Source of info: gut feelings and homerism)

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back