Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

POLL: Who Do you Think will be the Better NFL QB? (And Who Would You Want?)

• Caleb Williams

• Drake Maye

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trade scenario: Pats send 1st rounders in 2024 & 2025, 2nd rounders in 2024 & 2025, & Gonzalez to the Bears. Bears would maybe send something else back.

Too much to draft Williams?

As a prospect, Williams is drawing comparisons to Elway, Manning, and Luck. Elway & Manning are top 5 QB's ever. Luck would likely be HOF bound already if his GM did not sabotage his career with awful OL.

Daniels and Cunningham are not in the same league as quarterbacks. That's like saying "Brady? Might as well have kept Zolak"
Zo was already a vet so we already know he aint it

Trade scenario: Pats send 1st rounders in 2024 & 2025, 2nd rounders in 2024 & 2025, & Gonzalez to the Bears. Bears would maybe send something else back.

As a prospect, Williams is drawing comparisons to Elway, Manning, and Luck. Elway & Manning are top 5 QB's ever. Luck would likely be HOF bound already if his GM did not sabotage his career with awful OL.
WAY too much to draft Williams.

That trade would set them back.

It has the potential to turn a winning hand into the Pats’ version of the Panthers and Bryce Young.

If they have a shot, and like, both QBs, then draft one at their spot.

Otherwise, you have Harrison or two elite OTs to choose from, or trade back for more assets.

Maye. Bigger and not a jerk

Taller is important. I think of like offensive rebounds in basketball. He all see what happens when Zappe is rushed by 6'4" tall defensive lineman, there are 2 to 4 passes blocked per game. Just like in basketball when you get an offensive rebound, if your QB is 6'4" you avoid a lot of the passes being blocked, you have more offensive tries, more passing attempts per game.

One blocked pass on a 4th Q comeback attempt can lose a game.

The Panthers traded up for the 1st pick last year. Check in on their message board and see how they feel about that trade.

Taller is important. I think of like offensive rebounds in basketball. He all see what happens when Zappe is rushed by 6'4" tall defensive lineman, there are 2 to 4 passes blocked per game. Just like in basketball when you get an offensive rebound, if your QB is 6'4" you avoid a lot of the passes being blocked, you have more offensive tries, more passing attempts per game.

One blocked pass on a 4th Q comeback attempt can lose a game.

And being able to see the field from the pocket as well. Shorter quarterbacks need to move around to both see the field and find passing lanes. It’s an additional challenge.

Hard No on Williams, because he was too emotional after their losses the Washington and Utah. I want someone tough as nails, a stone cold killer ie Brady type personality. HE isn't a leader who handles adversity well which turned out to be Jones weakness. Take the best LEADER.

I am more interested in Daniels than Maye, but that's only because I have seen Daniels play and have not seen Maye. Williams, meh. I don't love the hype machine, and him breaking down in his mother's arms, while endearing if I wanted a nice kid to be my future son-in-law, doesn't make me think he's emotionally mature enough to lead an NFL franchise day one.

I have watched more Ewers and McCarthy than any of them.
Absolutely!! Jayden Daniels all the way for me. I'm with you!

Caleb is the most skilled QB in this upcoming draft. Has great accuracy.
Either way, we ain’t getting either because Broncos and Steelers decided to choke against our dumpster of a team.

Hard No on Williams, because he was too emotional after their losses the Washington and Utah. I want someone tough as nails, a stone cold killer ie Brady type personality. HE isn't a leader who handles adversity well which turned out to be Jones weakness. Take the best LEADER.
He is still young..:just because he showed he had emotions after the loss to Washington it doesn’t mean anything when he becomes an NFL QB.

Bears got themselves a solid QB.

Caleb Williams has already demonstrated he does not have the mental commitment to the game necessary. NOTE: I don't give a damn about him crying. But the dude's already thinking about the dollar signs. Not a good sign.

Absolutely do not want him. Whatever team drafts him is doing so at their own peril.

Caleb is the most skilled QB in this upcoming draft. Has great accuracy.
Either way, we ain’t getting either because Broncos and Steelers decided to choke against our dumpster of a team.
The hope also is.. they organization doesn't getting enchanted with the falsehood that Zapp is a starting QB. They need to be laser focused on getting the guy. I'm going to be very interested in what type of letter to the fans they put out after week 17. Because next week's blow out at bills will bring everything back down to reality.

The hope also is.. they organization doesn't getting enchanted with the falsehood that Zapp is a starting QB. They need to be laser focused on getting the guy. I'm going to be very interested in what type of letter to the fans they put out after week 17. Because next week's blow out at bills will bring everything back down to reality.

I feel like, at the point, no matter what happens, if we pick a QB with our first pick or sign a veteran, Zappe will be competing with them in training camp. His record as a starter the last couple seasons will afford him the chance. Is that a good thing? I don't know...relying on a draft pick is a fool's quest in some ways, but it's probably our best chance to right the ship and get to the mystical land of having a league average, or better than average, offense.

Looks like Bill won't be doing Kraft any favors by leaving them with the second overall pick.
It also looks like we'll be picking in the 6/7 range. That sucks as I am a fan of Drake Maye (and Marvin Harrison Jr)

I feel like, at the point, no matter what happens, if we pick a QB with our first pick or sign a veteran, Zappe will be competing with them in training camp. His record as a starter the last couple seasons will afford him the chance. Is that a good thing? I don't know...relying on a draft pick is a fool's quest in some ways, but it's probably our best chance to right the ship and get to the mystical land of having a league average, or better than average, offense.
That is a great point you make. Be it draft pick, trade, FA veteran or sure Zapp next season. We need adequate Play at the position. This defense is already built to compete I'd even say this defense is elite. May not have the names like the 49ers but I'll say alot of people know who barmore is now. If we had say a #15 offense this season we are a play off team. It just feels like ownership after 2 subpar seasons in a row are going to want to get back into being a contender fast.

Looks like Bill won't be doing Kraft any favors by leaving them with the second overall pick.
It also looks like we'll be picking in the 6/7 range. That sucks as I am a fan of Drake Maye (and Marvin Harrison Jr)

At least top 3 would be nice. If we can't have a top 2 QB. I want Marvin Harrison JR.

From what people say he's the best player in the draft.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
Back