Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would you grade the first two days of the draft?

• Total voters
A+ on the first 3 picks. Their biggest holes were QB and Front7 run defense. Having Eliot Wolf and Groh and Patricia in the room is vital. Wolf was the one who made the Christian Barmore trade.

Mac Jones is the real deal, you can't even play a better college season in Madden, he had a perfect season pretty much. Exremely hard worker, a little goofy, team leader but also great teammate, fast decision making, rhythm and accuracy, his parents were pro tennis players and he knows how to slide side to side or up in the pocket well. Incredible we got Mac at #15 without paying to move up. Love this pick. Have been following this kid since Halloween.

Barmore is more of a pass rusher than a run stuffing NT. Has a high ceiling. The best DL in a poor draft class. He really turned it on the last 2 months and playoffs especially once he started playing 3technique.

Perkins I wasn't familiar with but 6'3 250 is pretty good for an edge/OLB. He is the only rookie edge/OLB with a 90+ PFF grade in both run defense and also pass rushing. Seems like a solid possible 3down LB who will put pressure on Jennings, Winovich, Uche, and Bentley. Joins a solid group with Hightower, Judon, Van Noy.

Last edited:
@KontradictioN confidence between the A Grade and Caserio leaving? I remember you saying sth in that direction earlier. Good Call
I think it’s a mix of that and BB trusting his scouts more, as the “we all good with this” question showed on the Jones pick. But yes, Caserio was not the right guy to be in BB’s ear. There needed to be a change.

A+ on the first 3 picks. Their biggest holes were QB and Front7 run defense. Having Eliot Wolf and Groh and Patricia in the room is vital. Wolf was the one who made the Christian Barmore trade.

Mac Jones is the real deal, you can't even play a better college season in Madden, he had a perfect season pretty much. Exremely hard worker, a little goofy, team leader but also great teammate, fast decision making, rhythm and accuracy, his parents were pro tennis players and he knows how to slide side to side or up in the pocket well. Incredible we got Mac at #15 without paying to move up. Love this pick. Have been following this kid since Halloween.

Barmore is more of a pass rusher than a run stuffing NT. Has a high ceiling. The best DL in a poor draft class. He really turned it on the last 2 months and playoffs especially once he started playing 3technique.

Jenkins I wasn't familiar with but 6'3 250 is pretty good for an edge/OLB. He is the only rookie edge/OLB with a 90+ PFF grade in both run defense and also pass rushing. Seems like a solid possible 3down LB who will put pressure on Jennings, Winovich, Uche, and Bentley. Joins a solid group with Hightower, Judon, Van Noy.
Who is jenkins?

Is this a new regime? From 2015-2020, we've drafted one all-pro, a punter. Few of our starters have come from our draftees over that period (3rd worst in the league). Often players are drafted a round or two earlier than anyone would think.

I'm not criticizing. No team has better results over the past two decades
====================================
We need what Pioli calls "rent control", good starters on rookie contracts.
How many all pros would you expect a team to draft in 5 years?

What/who do you want today?

Haven’t studied this years draft so I cant really say I’m afraid. Enjoying being a fan this year rather than a draftnik constantly being disappointed as binaries go off the board.

Haven’t studied this years draft so I cant really say I’m afraid. Enjoying being a fan this year rather than a draftnik constantly being disappointed as binaries go off the board.
I’ve never been able to find the time to be a “draftnik”. With a job, family and life I don’t think I could ever find enough time to put into evaluating 300-500 players at a level that I could possibly claim as expertise.
Hell every year I try to find the time to rewatch patriots games and rewind and break down every play just to properly evaluate pats players at an “expertise” level and I can’t find the time for that.

I’ve never been able to find the time to be a “draftnik”. With a job, family and life I don’t think I could ever find enough time to put into evaluating 300-500 players at a level that I could possibly claim as expertise.
Hell every year I try to find the time to rewatch patriots games and rewind and break down every play just to properly evaluate pats players at an “expertise” level and I can’t find the time for that.
I’ve enjoyed following the draft the last decade, but it became a bit much and somewhat frustrating recently. Our Draft Forum is a great place to be though.

Is this a new regime? From 2015-2020, we've drafted one all-pro, a punter. Few of our starters have come from our draftees over that period (3rd worst in the league). Often players are drafted a round or two earlier than anyone would think.

I'm not criticizing. No team has better results over the past two decades
====================================
We need what Pioli calls "rent control", good starters on rookie contracts.

I think it's been a new regime with Wolf and Groh and it shows. This has been a good draft and it's funny and odd how some major homers here still try to argue like the Pats have drafted well the last 7 years. No, the Patriots have drafted terribly since 2013... until new voices have joined the war room.

I’ve enjoyed following the draft the last decade, but it became a bit much and somewhat frustrating recently. Our Draft Forum is a great place to be though.

I enjoy the draft drama and intrigue but it's funny when self proclaimed experts here try to gatekeep whose opinions are valid or not. Especially people who have been dead wrong on past drafts.

Honestly, my only complaint so far is I wanted more speed for the WR corps. Really wanted Elijah Moore (Jets got him at 34) or Rondale Moore, who was there when we drafted Barmore. But I understand the Barmore pick, getting a 1st rounder in the 2nd round, is always the preferred move. Especially one as good as Barmore. Totally ecstatic so far. Really don’t care about the picks in rounds 4-7, it’s all just bonus picks, maybe Oline or a binkie or 2. Belichick seems to do well with Olinemen in rounds 4-7.

I think our offense will be ok. Maybe focus on speed on offense in the 2022 draft. Mac should be ready to start by then.

If I understand you correctly: we took Barmore but you wanted more Moores?

Till now A
I think we had 3 fantastic picks expecially considering where we were able to take them...

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back