PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PLAYOFFS TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_mvnrw7LOOa1qig1e2.gif

OH DIKEMBE SEE HOW THINGS ARE
DIKEMBE COMES IN AND BRINGS GOOD FORTUNE AND ALL DOUBT HIS COMMITMENT
MR JOHNSON, DO YOU HAVE GREAT ANSWER TO PATRIOTS SEASON?
WORLD HOLDS IT BREATH
Dude it was a joke. Lighten up.

I’m not quite sure what a “great answer to patriots season” means so I can’t really answer that.

Did you at some point in your life purchase the rights to the old Patriots uniforms, and do you stand to be very rich should they go back to wearing them regularly?
8d76631c533023c1f7dee31da40c6995.gif

Meh, I'm just sharpening up for the playoffs.

But, it's like this:

The Celtics were miserable, and finished at the bottom of the standings from 1977-79. Attendance plummeted. Say Red Auerbach went ahead and defected to the Knicks. John Y. Brown then destroys their logo and uniforms. After folding the Lobsters, Bob Kraft buys the Celtics, and plays up the whole "New Start!" nonsense. After a mediocre decade, including one fortunate conference title, Kraft in 1990 declares that Joe Barry Carroll is better than Bill Russell. I'm getting sick just typing this.

Indeed, when I asked Steve Nelson about it, he said, "It's all about the money."

Really? Kraft's net worth today is $6.6 billion.

It would be at least $8 billion if he restored the real logo and uniforms.

Massachusetts has the fifth highest cost of living in the nation. People who are able to live here go to local sports venues, and spend their disposable income on tickets, food and souvenirs - no matter how stupid or ugly they are.

I've said it before - all the people who had no problem with the destruction in 1993 neither knew nor cared anything about the New England Patriots before. Or, they focused only on the losses, amplified exponentially by local and national media.

There are a LOT of alienated old Pats fans just like me, who never have nor will purchase anything with the flying elvis on it. Plus, the flying elvis accomplished one thing above all: perpetrating the propaganda to the nation that the Patriots were so pitiful before, that they needed one of those bush league, loser, desperate ugly logo and uniform changes [the kind the Jets are implementing in 2019], erasing the pride and honor of all those Patriots heroes over 33 years.

So Kraft has spent uncounted $millions promoting the flying elvis. If he wanted the most money, he blew it. If he wanted the Patriots to be respected on the same level as prior NFL dynasties, ditto.

But, it's like this:

The Celtics were miserable, and finished at the bottom of the standings from 1977-79. Attendance plummeted. Say Red Auerbach went ahead and defected to the Knicks. John Y. Brown then destroys their logo and uniforms. After folding the Lobsters, Bob Kraft buys the Celtics, and plays up the whole "New Start!" nonsense. After a mediocre decade, including one fortunate conference title, Kraft in 1990 declares that Joe Barry Carroll is better than Bill Russell. I'm getting sick just typing this.

Indeed, when I asked Steve Nelson about it, he said, "It's all about the money."

Massachusetts has the fifth highest cost of living in the nation. People who are able to live here go to local sports venues, and spend their disposable income on tickets, food and souvenirs - no matter how stupid or ugly they are.

I've said it before - all the people who had no problem with the destruction in 1993 neither knew nor cared anything about the New England Patriots before. Or, they focused only on the losses, amplified exponentially by local and national media.

There are a LOT of alienated old Pats fans just like me, who never have nor will purchase anything with the flying elvis on it. Plus, the flying elvis accomplished one thing above all: perpetrating the propaganda to the nation that the Patriots were so pitiful before, that they needed one of those bush league, loser, desperate ugly logo and uniform changes [the kind the Jets are implementing in 2019], erasing the pride and honor of all those Patriots heroes over 33 years.

So Kraft has spent uncounted $millions promoting the flying elvis. If he wanted the most money, he blew it. If he wanted the Patriots to be respected on the same level as prior NFL dynasties, ditto.

Your frothing passion for corporate brand stamps and their aesthetic appeal is definitely not strange. It is, in fact, a normal thing for an adult to obsess over. Respect. Rage on.

Sure hope we respect that clock on SUN...

But, it's like this:

I wish I cared about anything as much as you seem to care about the Patriots' logo.

Shame that Josh McDonald will disrespect the clock here and there and ignore the run game.

I'm all in.

Thanks for bringing back my old nickname from 5th grade, but I’ve been here the whole time.

What did you expect us to call you? Brawny Richard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes