PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Scenarios

He thinks finishing 7-10 and missing the playoffs is better than finishing 9-8 and making the playoffs as an underdog.

What a (literal) loser mentality.

I guess the Pats wasted 13 of their 19 Brady era seasons where they didn't win the Super Bowl, should have just got the higher draft pick.
Agree 100%. Tanking or wanting to lose is not what you want for a teams culture. Even if the team isn't very good it's still a great thing to be a factor late in the season. The Jets/Lions/Browns used to pick top 10 every year and where does that get them? They are losers for a reason.

Agree 100%. Tanking or wanting to lose is not what you want for a teams culture. Even if the team isn't very good it's still a great thing to be a factor late in the season. The Jets/Lions/Browns used to pick top 10 every year and where does that get them? They are losers for a reason.

I really can't undestand the fan who genuinely takes more joy in having, say, pick #14 over pick #18 - than making the playoffs.

Willing to give up on an entire season for that? And for which exact player exactly? It's just really, really foolish when you break it down.

He thinks finishing 7-10 and missing the playoffs is better than finishing 9-8 and making the playoffs as an underdog.

What a (literal) loser mentality.

I guess the Pats wasted 13 of their 19 Brady era seasons where they didn't win the Super Bowl, should have just got the higher draft pick.
Like I said, it was interesting listening to his take, which he qualified as the "mentality in that building." I definitely believe Kraft thinks that way. He's not interested in going to the playoffs to lose. He's said so himself. Given everything we've seen out of this team, especially the offensive side, it's not far fetched to believe they'll lose if not outright get blown out in the WC. Pats are 1-3 in December, 0-4 against teams >.500, and both are continuations of the same pattern since 2019. Nobody inside the NFL believes they have a snow balls chance in hell to make it out of the WC round. We as fans can choose to believe they will (the homers), they could (the hopeful), or they won't (the realists). There's no right answer. It is what it is.

The NE offense needs a spark. Its sharp as a hammer.

The whole team needs hope and leadership. I am holding out hope that if the Miami game is on the line, that BB pulls the plug on Mac and plays Zappe.

321129762_740030207060839_4946851092945503761_n.jpg

I really can't undestand the fan who genuinely takes more joy in having, say, pick #14 over pick #18 - than making the playoffs.

Willing to give up on an entire season for that? And for which exact player exactly? It's just really, really foolish when you break it down.

If the Pats make the playoffs and lose in the WC, they'll pick anywhere from 19 to 24. They'll be fighting Jax, Tampa Bay, Washington, NYG, and the LA Chargers for the 19th pick. There is a huge difference between picking 14th (where they currently stand) and 24th (the worst possible scenario).

I want the Pats to win these last 2 games and get into the playoffs. Anything can happen if they get in.

Plus it'll put Belichick 2 wins closer to beating that POS Shula's win record.
100% agree, it's all about getting into the playoffs and taking our chances from there.

Last edited:
dang the jags have a better chance than us

100% agree, it's all about getting into the playoffs and taking our taking from there.

Im with you sis! I feel like our defense is legit and can keep us in any game. Marcus jones can give us pts on st here and there. The defense can score as well. If our offense gets to a point where they are even average and can score 17- 20 ppg on their own while killing clock in the process we have an outside shot. That part is looking more and more unlikely with each passing week but until were dead i wont give up hope.

Crazy how GB has a better chance then WAS or DET, the way their season started.

DET plays CHI and GB. GB plays MIN and DET. I don't get it. Seems like DET would have a better chance. I suppose its because GB has 2 home games.

DET plays CHI and GB. GB plays MIN and DET. I don't get it. Seems like DET would have a better chance. I suppose its because GB has 2 home games.
Crazy how Looneytune spends his whole day stalking me.

He follows me from thread to thread disliking content. After a cursory glance on 12/28, he got me @ 8:18 am, (almost a 1 hour break where I figure that he must have been feeding his gerbils) 9:08 am, 9:28 am, 9:30 am. and 9:38 am.

Gb is playing pretty well lately and detroit was hot but just got smoked by carolina. Id give gb the edge over det right now. The only caveat there is washington is playing cle this week who blows and dallas in week 18 wont have anything to play for if philly wins this week . I dont see was losing either of those unless Dallas actually tries week 18.

J.Bosa back for the Chargers

And Lac could have probably back Slater too...

All at the right time...

Yeah I don't get it.
Commanders have the tie breaker over GreenBay too. A lot of things have to happen for GB to get in

Tannehill IR...season over...Ten in trouble...

Lol, What? Is TEN tanking? WTF

From what I'm reading, TEN can win against JAX on Week 18 and win the division even w/ a loss tonight. Not sure if this is correct.

So, instead of resting players the final week, they're resting players FOR the final week. Interesting.

From what I'm reading, TEN can win against JAX on Week 18 and win the division even w/ a loss tonight. Not sure if this is correct.

So, instead of resting players the final week, they're resting players FOR the final week. Interesting.

That’s correct. Tonight’s game is meaningless to ten

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back