PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does no one else have guesses, predictions ot hopes. Have you all neem jaded and become scared to tell us
It’s more that these threads seem pointless...bunch of people with a bunch of picks, I mean, who cares?

You get somebody on here with a verified record of 70% against the spread over the last 10 years then it might be worth paying attention.

It’s more that these threads seem pointless...bunch of people with a bunch of picks, I mean, who cares?

You get somebody on here with a verified record of 70% against the spread over the last 10 years then it might be worth paying attention.

Or trying to make them your Sugar Daddy.

AFC Wildcard:
Texans vs Colts - Texans
Chargers vs Ravens - Ravens

NFC Wilcard:
Cowboys vs Seahawks - Seahawks
Bears vs Eagles - Bears

AFC Divisional:
Chiefs vs Ravens - Ravens
Pats vs Texans - Pats

NFC Divisional:
Saints vs Bears - Saints
Rams vs Seahawks - Seahawks

AFCCG:
Pats vs Ravens - Ravens

NFCCG:
Saints vs Seahawks - Saints

SB
Saints vs Ravens - Saints

I hate picking Ravens to beat us in AFCCG. But if there is one team in all of NFL that is not intimidated by Pats at home in playoffs, it's Ravens. They played us in the past and they played tough. Lamar Jackson is playing unreal right now and their defense is top 3. While I like that our defense plays well at home, I can't look past the fact that Ravens have been playing better football than us lately. Also, Pats almost always struggle to start the game well after the bye week (regular or post season).

Which rematch? Colts/Bears? Colts/Saints? Pats/Seahawks? Pats/Rams? Pats/Iggles? Pats/Bears? Colts/Cowboys?

What an interesting question. I'm going to list them in the order of how much I enjoyed them.

Pats/Rams - Nothing will replace the first Pats win.

Pats/Seahawks - The Butler did it.

Colts/ Cowboys - Johnny Unitas gave a speech at my high school a few years before that game. I can still visualize him standing at the podium.

Colts/Saints - PEDton's pick six to finish off the Saints come-from-ahead win was great.

Pats/Bears - I hated this one but nobody was beating the Bears that year. The Pats were the first team to score a point on them in the playoffs.

Colts/Bears - This one was brutal. The Pats got robbed in Indy and would have easily handled a horrible Bears team. Instead PEDton got his first ring.

Pats/Eagles - A tough on for sure, especially when you throw in the Butler mystery.

Indy over Houston. I'm fairly confident here. The Texans pass defense has gotten worse and worse as the year has gone on.

Baltimore vs SD. The question is did SD learn enough about the Baltimore offense to shut them down the second time? It's like the Wildcat for the Pats in 2008. I have zero confidence in predicting this game. I picked Baltimore in another thread on Monday so I'll go SD here to remain consistent in my inconsistency.

Seattle vs Dallas. Dallas is a different team at home but in a game where the talent level is about a wash I usually like the better QB so I'll go with Seattle but it's a toss up.

Philly vs Chicago. Another coinflip. The Bears only home loss was NE. Philly has gone on the road and beaten the Rams when they needed it. Foles is banged up so I'll stick with the Bears.

Indy over KC - KC and Seattle have the lowest SOV. I think both offenses can score at will but Indy has the better defense and then there's Andy Reid in the playoffs.

NE over SD - This won't be an easy game and neither will Baltimore if they win. If it's SD I'm banking on the Pats outscheming them and if it's Baltimore their finding a way to make Jackson look like a rookie.

NO over Seattle or Dallas if it goes the other way. I know NO has struggled on offense down the stretch but Dallas isn't the same team on the road and Seattle can't control the clock and put up enough points to stick with the Saints.

Chicago over LAR. I think the Rams are one and done. They've lost to three playoff teams the second half of the year and the games weren't as close as the scores suggest.

NE over Indy. Balls fully inflated.

Chicago over NO. I'm probably dreaming and not wanting to face the Saints but Chicago will pressure Brees while stopping the run and their offense can hang 30-ish on NO.

NE over Chicago. SB XX revenge.

Colts over Texans
Ravens over Chargers

Ravens over Patriots
Chiefs over Colts

Chiefs over Ravens

Seahawks over Cowboys
Bears over Eagles

Bears over Rams
Saints over Seahawks

Saints over Bears

SB: Saints over Chiefs

Hopefully I'm wrong

Murderer-Worshippers over Chargers
Colts over Texans
Seahawks over Cowboys
Eagles over Bears

Murderer-Worshippers over Pats
Chiefs over Colts
Saints over Eagles
Seahawks over Rams

Murderer-Worshippers over Chiefs
Saints over Seahawks

Saints over Murderer-Worshippers

I don’t have documentation but I’m easily 70 percent against the spread in the playoffs. It’s easier. Regular season, well that’s a roller coaster ride year to year

I hate picking Ravens to beat us in AFCCG. But if there is one team in all of NFL that is not intimidated by Pats at home in playoffs, it's Ravens. They played us in the past and they played tough.

That was a very different team than the Ravens are now.

I'm quiet confident the Patriots will surprise some people in the postseason. I think it's one of the 2-3 most well rounded teams in the playoffs and they got the best coach in the NFL.

A team that lost in the SB the year before obviously has not won a SB the next season since the 1973 Dolphins but I have a sneaky good feeling about them.

That was a very different team than the Ravens are now.

Yeah one that actually had a QB and not a pass throwing RB. I mean we are in the neighborhood of the Tebow zone when it comes to Lamar`s passing success. Flacco was elite as **** compared to that during those runs in 2011 and 2012..

Well in my Madden franchise on PS4 the Patriots beat the Saints in the Super Bowl by 3.

The ravens matchup well to be honest. If there’s a way to be built to come in here with a rookie QB and win, they are kind of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back