Patriots over Chargers
Bears over Rams

Bears over Cowboys
Colts over PatriotS

Colts over Bears

Colts over Texans
Chargers over Ravens
Seahawks over Cowboys
Eagles over Bears (Road team in all WC games??? I'm being bold)

Patriots over Chargers (it'd be dang close but I think we'd edge them)
Colts over Chiefs
Saints over Eagles
Seahawks over Rams

Patriots over Colts
Saints over Seahawks

Patriots over Saints (Awwww yeah, number 6)

6 IND > 3 HOU
5 LAC < 4 BAL
6 PHI < 3 CHI
5 SEA > 4 DAL

6 IND < 1 KC
4 BAL < 2 NE
5 SEA < 1 NO
3 CHI < 2 LAR

2 NE < 1 KC
2 LAR < 1 NO

1A KC < 1N NO

As always, I'm eager to see exactly how wrong I turn out to be.

I bet less than half the games are close. That would mean 3 of 5 are decided by more than lets say 10 points.
If memory serves divisional round games are often beatdowns.

Anecdotally, my memory tells me the divisional round is usually where the most exciting game of the year happens. The other 3 in the weekend tend to be boring though.

Wild Card
LAC def BAL
HOU def IND

PHI def CHI
DAL def SEA

Divisional
NE def HOU
LAC def KC

NO def DAL
LAR def PHI

AFCC/NFCC
NE def LAC
NO def LAR

SB53
NE def NO

Last edited:
Colts (6) @ Texans (3) - A lot of people are predicting Indy to win this game. I don't see it. I don't think Indy squeaks out 2 wins @ Houston in a row. Indy has a good offense but it is predictable. Houston did a much better job defending in the 2nd time. I think they will do even better the 3rd. If you slow down both Hilton and Ebron they don't have any other good pass catching options. Yes they can run but I don't believe the run game wins it for you usually in the playoffs. Houston to me has a bit of a more balanced attack with their depth options and I expect the 3rd match (and 2nd one in about a month) to favor the better defense - Texans 24 Colts 21

Chargers (5) @ Ravens (4) - I am not buying into the Ravens even with that D. I don't care if they are at home. They are predictable on both sides of the ball. The Chargers are the better team and have a good offensive line. That is the key to slowing down the Ravens defense. They are pass rush and blitz based. I expect a low scoring game by both sides. Chargers 20 Ravens 13.

Seahawks (5) @ Cowboys (4) - These are the 2 teams I wanted to not play each other early as both have looks pretty good recently and turned their season around. Both are arguably more dangerous than the Bears right now to the top NFC teams. In the end I think Seattle is a tad better but Dallas has been very good at home. I think the home D wins this game. Cowboys 20 Seahawks 17

Philly (6) @ Chicago (3) - Nothing much to talk about here. Simply not buying on the Eagles this year. The Bears will hold serve at home with the only play out win of this round. Bears 30 Philly 13

So only 1 away team wins in that round.

Texans (3) @ Patriots (2) - This is the match I am hoping for personally. The Texans have improved but Brady seems to own that D. On defense BB knows all he needs to do is stop Jackson from running and limit Hopkins to hold them down. He will hammer it home all week. The Pats aren't losing to this team at home. Patriots 33 Texans 20

Chargers (5) @ Chiefs (1) - This is the match up KC didn't want. I will be hoping for the Chargers to pull this out. KC has done well at home but haven't faced a lot of hard teams at home. They haven't done well vs hard teams in general. They beat the Chargers and Steelers early on. Since then they have lost to every winning team they played besides the Ravens (at home). It is worth noting all those loses and the win against the Ravens were 1 score games... usually 3 points or less. It is also worth point out most of their loses to the other good teams were on the road and not home. This to me is a toss up. SD won by one point last time they played but that was not in KC. SD has been a very good road team though all year (7-1). High flying offenses tend to come down to earth in the playoffs but who knows. I'll flip a coin and say SD wins. SD 33 KC 30

Cowboys (4) @ Saints (1) - No need to waste time. The Saints are just better and at home. They aren't losing in the divisional round again. Saints 30 Cowboys 20

Bears (3) @ Rams (2) - The Bears slow down the Rams but not enough. Also the Rams expose what is not a very good offenses regardless of what the Stats say. Rams 27 Bears 20

Chargers @ Pats - I won't spend much time here. I'll only say this. The Pats better hope they get this match up. I'm not saying for sure they beat SD but they have been much better at home than on the road and have been arguably the best home team all year. If they get KC I think I need to pick against them. Luckily in this prediction I don't. Pats 30 Chargers 27

Rams @ Saints - I don't see how this match up doesn't happen. They have been imo the 2 best teams in the NFL all year and are on a collision course. Saints got home field though and they beat them last time. The Saints to me look hard to stop this year. Saints 40 Rams 34 in a dome game where the NFL encourages 2 offensive teams to score points after a mostly defensive playoffs (by putting in officials which are quick to toss flags on defensive holding and PI.

Pats vs Saints - It is had to not see the Pats as the underdog no matter if they face the Rams or the Saints if they get this far. Hopefully a neutral site isn't the same as an away game for them. This is a legacy game for Brees and frankly I don't think he loses it. I don't think our D can deal with the saints offense and pass catching RBs. It will be a lot like the philly game. A lot of points but neither D gets many stops. Sadly they have the better offense this year with better play makers and the Pats can't keep up. Saints 41 Patriots 35

Last edited:
Colts (6) @ Texans (3) - A lot of people are predicting Indy to win this game. I don't see it. I don't think Indy squeaks out 2 wins @ Houston in a row. Indy has a good offense but it is predictable. Houston did a much better job defending in the 2nd time. I think they will do even better the 3rd. If you slow down both Hilton and Ebron they don't have any other good pass catching options. Yes they can run but I don't believe the run game wins it for you usually in the playoffs. Houston to me has a bit of a more balanced attack with their depth options and I expect the 3rd match (and 2nd one in about a month) to favor the better defense - Texans 24 Colts 21

Chargers (5) @ Ravens (4) - I am not buying into the Ravens even with that D. I don't care if they are at home. They are predictable on both sides of the ball. The Chargers are the better team and have a good offensive line. That is the key to slowing down the Ravens defense. They are pass rush and blitz based. I expect a low scoring game by both sides. Chargers 24 Ravens 17.

Seahawks (5) @ Cowboys (4) - These are the 2 teams I wanted to not play each other early as both have looks pretty good recently and turned their season around. Both are arguably more dangerous than the Bears right now to the top NFC teams. In the end I think Seattle is a tad better but Dallas has been very good at home. I think the home D wins this game. Cowboys 20 Seahawks 17

Philly (6) @ Chicago (3) - Nothing much to talk about here. Simply not buying on the Eagles this year. The Bears will hold serve at home with the only play out win of this round. Bears 30 Philly 13

Texans (3) @ Patriots (2) - This is the match I am hoping for personally. The Texans have improved but Brady seems to own that D. On defense BB knows all he needs to do is stop Jackson from running and limit Hopkins to hold them down. He will hammer it home all week. The Pats aren't losing to this team at home. Patriots 33 Texans 20

Chargers (5) @ Chiefs (1) - This is the match up KC didn't want. I will be hoping for the Chargers to pull this out. KC has done well at home but haven't faced a lot of hard teams at home. They haven't done well vs hard teams in general. They beat the Chargers and Steelers early on. Since then they have lost to every winning team they played besides the Ravens (at home). It is worth noting all those loses and the win against the Ravens were 1 score games... usually 3 points or less. It is also worth point out most of their loses to the other good teams were on the road and not home. This to me is a toss up. SD won by one point last time they played but that was not in KC. SD has been a very good road team though all year (7-1). High flying offenses tend to come down to earth in the playoffs but who knows. I'll flip a coin and say SD wins. SD 33 KC 30

Cowboys (4) @ Saints (1) - No need to waste time. The Saints are just better and at home. They aren't losing in the divisional round again. Saints 30 Cowboys 20

Bears (3) @ Rams (2) - The Bears slow down the Rams but not enough. Also the Rams expose what is not a very good offenses regardless of what the Stats say. Rams 27 Bears 20

Chargers @ Pats - I won't spend much time here. I'll only say this. The Pats better home they get this match up. I'm not saying for sure they beat SD but they have been much better at home than on the road and have been arguably the best home team all year. If they get KC I think I need to pick again them. Luckily in this prediction I don't. Pats 30 Chargers 27

Rams @ Saints - I don't see how this match up doesn't happen. They have been imo the 2 best teams in the NFL all year and are on a collision course. Saints got home field though and they beat them last time. The Saints to me look hard to stop this year. Saints 40 Rams 34 in a dome game where the NFL encourages 2 offensive teams to score points after a mostly defensive playoffs (by putting in officials which are quick to toss flags on defensive holding and PI.

Pats vs Saints - It is had to not see the Pats as the underdog no matter if they face the Rams or the Saints if they get this far. Hopefully a neutral site again isn't the same as an away game for them. This is a legacy game for Brees and frankly I don't think he loses it. I don't think our D can deal with the saints offense and pass catching RBs. It will be a lot like the philly game. A lot of points but neither D gets many stops. Sadly they have the better offense this year with better play makers and the Pats can't keep up. Saints 41 Patriots 35

I agree. The Pats’ saving grace would be a matchup with LAR.

If I had to attack NE’s defense, its with misdirection lateral speed. The two toughest matchups that come to mind are Tyreek Hill and Alvin Kamara.

Houston over Indy
LA over Baltimore

LA over KC
NE over Houston

NE over LA

CHI over PHI
SEA over DAL

CHI over LA
NO over SEA

NO over CHI

The Gate Bros Bowl: NO over NE

for Wild Card week...:

Chi
Lac
Ind
Dal

At this point, I'm not willing to go any further than the AFC Wildcard games. Even then, I'm hedging. ;)

IND @HOU
Colts lose a close one because they shot themselves in the foot a couple-three times.
- OR -
Colt win fairly convincingly if they play well.

I'm going Colts.

LAC @BAL
Closer score than 2 weeks ago, but I think the Ravens end up winning on Tucker's leg.

Chargers (5) @ Ravens (4) - I am not buying into the Ravens even with that D. I don't care if they are at home. They are predictable on both sides of the ball. The Chargers are the better team and have a good offensive line. That is the key to slowing down the Ravens defense. They are pass rush and blitz based. I expect a low scoring game by both sides. Chargers 24 Ravens 17.

Chargers @ Pats - I won't spend much time here. I'll only say this. The Pats better hope they get this match up. I'm not saying for sure they beat SD but they have been much better at home than on the road and have been arguably the best home team all year. If they get KC I think I need to pick against them. Luckily in this prediction I don't. Pats 30 Chargers 27

Pats vs Saints - It is had to not see the Pats as the underdog no matter if they face the Rams or the Saints if they get this far. Hopefully a neutral site isn't the same as an away game for them. This is a legacy game for Brees and frankly I don't think he loses it. I don't think our D can deal with the saints offense and pass catching RBs. It will be a lot like the philly game. A lot of points but neither D gets many stops. Sadly they have the better offense this year with better play makers and the Pats can't keep up. Saints 41 Patriots 35

no doubt the saints would be a tough match up. i don’t think they are as good outside the Super dome, especially their D which seems to feed off the crowd. the steelers almost beat them, despite them being a non-playoff team. Their run D is excellent, whichi would force McD to throw the ball on them 50+ times, much like last year’s super bowl. i don’t think sony michel would make a big impact in this one...

Well it is that time of year again so i thought i would kick off the playoff guessing.

Wildcard

Colts conquer Houston
Bolts Beat Ravens

Bears Bully Eagles
Cowboys Cancel Seahawks

Divisonal round

Colts Collapse Chiefs
Pats Punish Chargers

Saints Suplex Cowboys
Bears Berate Rams

Conference Championship

Patriots Pummel Colts
Saints Stuff Bears

Superb owl (super bowl)

Patriots Purify Saints

I could be very wrong this is the most wide open playoffs in a very long time

So go to town everyone predict away

Indiots over Houston (but my heart wants the Texans)
Seattle over Dallas (the NFCE is weak)
Ratbirds over LAC (again)
Da Bears over Philly (the NFCE thing)

Indiots over Chiefs
Pats over Ratbirds
NO over Seattle
Da Bears over Rams

Pats over Indiots
NO over Da Bears

Pats beat NO in the All-Gate SB

Playoff predictions are more fun because you have a good idea what is going on with these teams, QBs , coaches, etc.

But it's still football and hard to predict. Home teams seem to have advantage.. referring comes into play ..ug.

Hmmm...

Covfefe :p I love this group. Thank you for the laugh this morning.

Houston squeaks by Indy
Seattle over Dallas
Chargers over Baltimore. That rookie ain't outdueling Phillip Rivers. Not that he's the second coming of anything, but still.
Chicago over Philly

Rams over Bears.
New Orleans over Seattle. I really like Seattle in this match-up, they won't go in the dome and be intimidated. 50-50.
KC over Chargers. Phillip Rivers ain't outdueling Kermit The Frog at QB. I think KC could blow them out.
Pats over Houston.

New Orleans over Rams. Game of the year, for real. Not like that fiasco on MNF.
KC over Pats. I think it's just KCs year. I know we got them once, and maybe we will again. TB12 will have that old man guile going for sure. Experience is huge, and Andy Reid at some point becomes Andy Reid, but I think KCs gonna get them at their house.

NO over KC. See above. This has all the makings of a great Super Bowl. Could go the other way. Experience wins.

Baltimore leads the series 3-1 against the Chargers at home since the 2000.

I think there’s a decent chance we get a XLIX rematch.

If Brady loses to Foles twice and Eli twice in the super bowl... man, dunno, would be a funny part of his legacy.
both teams are not as good as last year but the pats can’t lose to philly again can they? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back