PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playing to Harry's strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.
once edelman gets fully fit, all the harry's learnings will bear even more fruits i think. A fully fit edelman isnt easy to handle. Right now he is really toughing it out and easier to cover.

I wish BB could draft better.

Hey! Was that UDFA JC Jackson with 2 INTs out there? Hmm.

once edelman gets fully fit, all the harry's learnings will bear even more fruits i think. A fully fit edelman isnt easy to handle. Right now he is really toughing it out and easier to cover.
Edelman is beat to hell. He's not going to be fully fit for the rest of this season. :(

He's clearly fast and agile for a guy so big. Athleticism is not his problem, despite the annoying nattering of the house trolls.

Speed and separation were issues in college. Speed and separation have been issues in the NFL. So, to at least some degree (speed, if nothing else), athleticism is his problem, despite the annoying nattering of the house buttsniffers,

Technically he wasn’t drafted

Right. That's why I said UDFA.

The point is, they all get scouted out of the same draft and BB places a call to convince them to come to camp.

People constantly whine how bad or personnel is, when Brady is having a bad stretch. It's preposterous.

Speed and separation were issues in college. Speed and separation have been issues in the NFL. So, to at least some degree (speed, if nothing else), athleticism is his problem, despite the annoying nattering of the house buttsniffers,

I've only heard Harry called slow by you and the other trolls here. His separation problems are real but aren't speed related. Quickness perhaps, technique and football IQ more likely, but the guy is visibly the best football athlete we have at WR, and still has a high ceiling if he can be coached up to his athletic potential.

Like what he does with the ball in his hands. Is able to move really well so I think as he learns he is only going to get better. He’d be really good at contested catches but I dont think Tom is really into jump ball scenarios as he likes precision and being where your supposed to be. He’ll get there, just glad to see him getting more involved.

He made a nice catch on that play that called back because of a penalty.

If I am not mistaken, despite his limited playing time and catches, he has 3, and should be 4, TDs. Is a real RZ threat, which we have lacked. Can run an effective jet sweep. He can contribute in a significant way in the playoffs

That non-catch was SWEET. Some dudes - not many - have that quality of being "open" even when they're covered. (Dez was the first name that sprung to mind.)

And the one that got away:

I missed the game. Was this a catch, but negated by a penalty? If so, let me guess... holding by one of the OL?

I missed the game. Was this a catch, but negated by a penalty? If so, let me guess... holding by one of the OL?
Yes, that's it

He's not a good route runner and will never look wide open. He needs to learn how to be physical and box out corners for balls. He does seem strong and good after the catch. It's a problem though if we have to keep using gimmicks to get him the ball. His route running needs to get better.

I wish BB could draft better.

Hey! Was that UDFA JC Jackson with 2 INTs out there? Hmm.
He chose not to spend a draft pick on JC Jackson but felt Duke Dawson and Cyrus Jones were worth 2nd rounders. Not trying to sh*t on Belichick here, but I always found it tough to give him and his crew credit for 6th/7th rounders/UDFAs who turn out to be good.

He chose not to spend a draft pick on JC Jackson but felt Duke Dawson and Cyrus Jones were worth 2nd rounders. Not trying to sh*t on Belichick here, but I always found it tough to give him and his crew credit for 6th/7th rounders/UDFAs who turn out to be good.

No reason not to give him credit for drafted players. If you think he's getting too much credit there, find data that indicates his success rate there isn't better than the average NFL GM, rather than dismissing the players he hits on. I'm with you on UDFAs, though, at least in terms of crediting them as draft successes. They're not draft picks. They're free agents, by definition.

However he builds the team, he does, maybe not the conventional way but he does get it done.

False start by Jules at the bottom of the screen.

Can someone please show that incredible catch he made which was called back ,,penalty on Edelman!!
WOW Unbelievable that was.
That's hopefully for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing