PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playing to Harry's strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's becoming more clear what his strengths and weaknesses are at this stage in his development. Good hands, great as a ball carrier. Implicit in all of this praise is the absence of mentioning his route running/separation, which to my untrained eye has been his weak spot.

Very impressive short range burst for a big guy, game changing talent if he gets fully integrated

He is fast for his size I like what I see so far

It's becoming more clear what his strengths and weaknesses are at this stage in his development. Good hands, great as a ball carrier. Implicit in all of this praise is the absence of mentioning his route running/separation, which to my untrained eye has been his weak spot.

The confusing thing is that none of this should come as a surprise. Makes you wonder if McD and Judge just tried for too long to develop him in the areas that are more closely aligned with how the Pats offense usually proceeds (timing, pitch perfect route running...) instead of going on his strengths.

I can see why they'd do that and how him landing on IR really was a major setback because they lost 8-9 weeks of time to figure that out.

Looked good out there. Showed flashes.

This is the guy we should be targeting when taking shots down the field.

Funny how things change in a week. He looked pretty damn good!

His command of the playbook is still very wobbly.

but we need to get him more involved. he has some routes that he is much better at, we need to have him run those more often.

Liked what I’ve seen from him these last few games. Apparently its been mentioned many times how hard it is to grasp this offense and it’s good to see improvement from the young guy.

Getting him the ball on the go route was huge. It showed him that he can catch the ball on a big time route, even if a penalty wiped it out. It paid immediate dividends on the next play and later in the game when he snagged the TD. Keep loosening his leash.

On paper we have 2 big targets and a shifty guy with Mo, Harry, and Squirrely.:D

He's clearly fast and agile for a guy so big. Athleticism is not his problem, despite the annoying nattering of the house trolls.

Screens, slants, handoffs. Get him the ball in space. Been screaming about the YAC/big play abilities of the rooks all year and Josh has them in advanced trigonometry classes.

If the Patriots can draft a burner like Mecole Hardman and a passable TE, the offense will start ripping again with Harry, Sanu, Edelman and Meyers to do the dirty work.

Need some OL too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots