PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playing to Harry's strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry is gonna be great but I hope we sign his sidekick N'Keal Marv next year.

I like all the complimentary things that McDaniels and Belichick say..They aren't often that complimentary of rookies sounds like he is a real workhorse. I really dont see anyting negative about his play so far other than that one interception which I can live with...

Lets just say that his touchdown was called correctly, he would have had a run-after-catch touchdown, a back shoulder 50/50 touchdown, and a broken play/scramble touchdown. He has also been utilized on jet sweeps - thats some considerable versatility. Oh, and he appears to be a very good blocker.

He is also really good at drawing the ire of refs on his biggest plays, apparently ;).

In all seriousness, I really like what we're seeing in him. Even if he has a down game, he carves out some highlight it seems. Wish he didn't get that dumb injury.

Playing to Harry's strengths...

And they are...?

Sorry to pile on.. well not really, I am not sorry. Watching Harry I wonder if he has ever played football before, awful hands, no separation, looks lost, etc.

Looking across the league at other rookies, Samuels, Brown, Brown, Metcalf all have upside. Not seeing it at this stage, huge whiff at the top of round 1.

Hopefully he has 4 games to glory and proves me wrong.

He looks like he’s running with a piano on his back.

He is also really good at drawing the ire of refs on his biggest plays, apparently ;).

In all seriousness, I really like what we're seeing in him. Even if he has a down game, he carves out some highlight it seems. Wish he didn't get that dumb injury.
Need more time to evaluate.

All opinions and assessments are incomplete

Harry is a massive bust . McDaniels drafted Maroney and Chad Jackson and messed up again with Harry and Michel

lmao some posters suck

Sorry to pile on.. well not really, I am not sorry. Watching Harry I wonder if he has ever played football before, awful hands, no separation, looks lost, etc.

Looking across the league at other rookies, Samuels, Brown, Brown, Metcalf all have upside. Not seeing it at this stage, huge whiff at the top of round 1.

Hopefully he has 4 games to glory and proves me wrong.

1. Bottom of round 1.
2. This is a joke post, right? If not, you my friend are a moron.

I'm sure if he had strengths they'd play to them.

1. Bottom of round 1.
2. This is a joke post, right? If not, you my friend are a *****.

Correct on pint #2, ask anyone.
1. Bottom of round 1.
2. This is a joke post, right? If not, you my friend are a *****.

Guilty, just like Dennis Leary says “I am an *******” but....

Extremely deep draft at WR, Patriots had their choice of all except M. Brown and choose a stinker, several players taken in rounds 2-4 look like impact options.

His play is only one of many reasons the offense has struggled, not fair to put it all on the kid.

Patriots spent a first round pick on a guy who contributed 12 catches for 104 yards and 2 TDs ALL SEASON...great pick eh? Spare me the injury excuse...

Harry is a massive bust . McDaniels drafted Maroney and Chad Jackson and messed up again with Harry and Michel

The only WRs McDaniels drafted that I know of all had fantastic NFL careers.

Honestly, posts like these are making me change my stance on legalizing marijuana.

Patriots spent a first round pick on a guy who contributed 12 catches for 104 yards and 2 TDs ALL SEASON...great pick eh? Spare me the injury excuse...

So we can't bring up that he was put on IR as a rookie for the first 10 weeks of the season or whatever?

Weird. You'd think missing that much time might play into stats, but ok.

His rookie regular season was a disappointment, no argument there, so hopefully being able to be angry about that made you happy.

I'm pretty sure if he didn't suck he wouldn't have been IR'd with a minor injury to free up a roster spot.

I get loyalty to the team, but I don't get why people think you have to be willfully blind to be loyal. I want the Patriots to win as much as anyone, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing on the field just because my team picked this dude in this first round.

Both Samuel and Metcalf are having great games/years who were taken in the 2nd round after Harry.

Very underwhelming year from our guy.

Don't give me this bottom of roubd one nonsense. Terry mclaurin would have been perfect here, 3rd round pick. Instead they get a guy with the slowest feet ever.

Need to blow this up starting with the scouting dept.

Don't give me this bottom of roubd one nonsense. Terry mclaurin would have been perfect here, 3rd round pick. Instead they get a guy with the slowest feet ever.

Need to blow this up starting with the scouting dept.
Diontae Johnson & Darius Slayton don't get mentioned both having really good years, DJ with some really bad QB play.

Both graded out almost identical as 3rd Rd guys. Pitt got DJ in the 3rd. Slayton was a 5th for NYG.
Slayton 7.40
D Johnson 7.35

Hardman got a 2nd for me & KC. Deebo as well.

Still have hope for Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back