PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rationality triggered? :D
Yes, this is an imperfect team. No, I don't feel inclined to jump off the Tobin over this loss.

Neither do I want to jump off the Tobin, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about the way they lost this game. Does it?

if both Miami and New England finish the season with the same record, who wins the AFC East?

If that happens then Miami would most likely have the better division and conference records.

Even a solid win won’t get the bad taste out of my mouth. I felt like I was a Cleveland Browns or Jets fan today.

I’ll still be here Sunday, piss and vinegar and all. I think today taught me that I should temper my expectations this year. Expecting another SB appearance with this current team seems unreasonable, and I say every year we should get there. Just feels different this year.

I think today taught me that I should temper my expectations this year. Expecting another SB appearance with this current team seems unreasonable, and I say every year we should get there. Just feels different this year.
Assuming they can still lock up a first round bye, there’s still a reasonable chance they can win two playoff games and reach the SB.

That said, the current 3-4 road record, the beat downs at the hands of mediocre teams like Detroit, Jacksonville, and Tennessee, and the fact that they’ve given up 26+ points in 6/13 games so far isn’t doing much to inspire confidence in making a deep run for the 2018 squad.

Last edited:
I would like to know what Bills biggest concern is as a head coach. We will not be told that info but I wonder what he sees vs what we see. I know collectively there is a lot of blame to pass around from a fan perspective.
Not addressing the defense this past off season. That’s a concern. Not getting a top notch LB for Jimmy G in return, that’s a concern. Signing another McCourtey that’s slower than the original, that’s a concern. Having an O coordinator who decides to keep running the ball after being repeatedly stuffed for one yard gains OVER AND OVER....that’s a concern.

Not addressing the defense this past off season. That’s a concern. Not getting a top notch LB for Jimmy G in return, that’s a concern. Signing another McCourtey that’s slower than the original, that’s a concern. Having an O coordinator who decides to keep running the ball after being repeatedly stuffed for one yard gains OVER AND OVER....that’s a concern.
There are tons of weaknesses for this 2018 team. No one thinking rationally should dispute that. I truly believe that next year’s team will be improved in many areas.

There’s also lots of reasons to be optimistic, too, starting with Belichick and Brady. If they secure a bye, they can win a game at home, get to the AFCCG, and hope for the best.

Agree this team has got a lot of weaknesses but I truly believe having Brady and Belichick in the team we are able to beat everyone and everywhere. To me this season every team has its ups and downs.

Pitt just lost to Oakland ****ing Oakland and they don’t have conner. This should be an easy W, feed Gronk and Gordon and run Sony. Double AB put Gilmore on Juju

The captain was a homer too.

Keep the band playing music.

Ok Capt Schettino. :D

Before anyone gets alarmed I'm referring to the infamous captain of the Costa Concordia who abandoned ship a few years ago although the name is ironically fitting.

Pitt just lost to Oakland ****ing Oakland and they don’t have conner. This should be an easy W, feed Gronk and Gordon and run Sony. Double AB put Gilmore on Juju

This sounds like the talk heading into the Miami game.

The Pats can win in Pittsburgh but it's certainly no gimme.

The bad road team thing is equalized by tomlins horrible coaching.

Would you be surprised if Tomlin calls a competent game against this slow @ss D?? A D that made Brandon Bolden look like Barry Sanders. Don't bet the house you ain't playing with House money. This D is Bad especially on the Road they are what they are.

I just watched the Pittsburgh Oakland highlights/game recap. They looked really bad with the exception of some ridiculous catches JuJu made. If the defense shows up, the Pats have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST