PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with the Pats is that I want them to win the games that give us more home games. I want that for the team's chances and for the fans who pay the freight. I especially want to see our long time fans get those home games. They deserve it after all those years of suffering.

"Born in 1995 and have been a suffering Pats fan since"

"Hell I even had a Tom Brady pacifier "

" I once wore pull ups with a Patriot's logo"

" I still have my Patriot's bibby hanging in my daddy's man cave"

Hahaha

Side note: My 12 year old son handled this loss much better than some I've seen here today.

The drafts have been an issue but they’ve been to 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls and won 2 on the backs of young talent drafted or signed as undrafted

The issue for the 2018 team is the total failure with respect to veteran players in the offseason and camp.

The ST has been awful to the point where the team had to add two veteran ST guys (McClellan and Humber). Think retaining Bolden, Richards or Bademosi would have been better? Not like roster spots are an issue - they cut down to 51 to make way for those two trash WR (Hansen, Darboh) who were quickly cut

The WR group was a mess until Gordon was picked up because of the disaster of losing Cooks and Amendola and relying on Britt, Matthews, Patterson and Dorsett

The DL has been an issue for years, outside of the 2014 season. Solution? Badly overpay Clayborn, trade for Shelton and ignore the position in the draft.

The LB group proved to be slow and thin in talent last year, a total disaster after Hightower got hurt l. Solution? Hope a plodding later round pick or two can help. Pray for Roberts and Van Noy to improve and expect Hightower to be at his best. Sadly, this group has actually been relatively decent compared to the garbage in front of them

The team has struggled at times to churn clock and put opponents away in big spots. Solution? Give their best run blocker a massive extension and draft a RB early. Result? Can’t run consistently anyway. Still overly reliant on throwing near the end of games. Forced to use trickery endlessly on offense to compensate for lack of reliable ground game

Now they’re facing a critical offseason with only 20M to spend and their two best linemen (Trent Brown on offense and Flowers on D) needing big contracts or external replacements. No really promising young talent at the problem positions. No real reason to expect a draft class to immediately improve the 2019 roster in a meaningful way (can hope for 2014 or 2016 success but hard to rely upon).

Looking bleak for any hope of improving. Best case is likely a continued slow decline and hoping Brady can carry the team on his back

You would have given Edgar Poe a good run for his money.

"Born in 1995 and have been a suffering Pats fan since"

"Hell I even had a Tom Brady pacifier "

" I once wore pull ups with a Patriot's logo"

" I still have my Patriot's bibby hanging in my daddy's man cave"

Hahaha

Side note: My 12 year old son handled this loss much better than some I've seen here today.
It's incredible.

I swear 1/2 the board is ready to start following the Revolution

Steelers have a lot more to feel shaky about than the Patriots. They just lost to a 2-10 team and are on a three game losing streak.

They are also 3-3 at home, so it's not like heinz field is some fortress for them

Pitt needs this win more and are coming off what..3 losses in a row? And this D on the road? I can see another loss here if pitt wants it more.

luckily they have tomlin but don't like our chances like i did a week ago

Their house, our house. funhouse, penthouse, greenhouse, doghouse or dark side of the moon outhouse I like our chances just fine against the Trip & Ben show in any house

Any talk of the teams problems and its blasphemy.

"What iceberg" The captain of the Titanic

Rationality triggered? :D
Yes, this is an imperfect team. No, I don't feel inclined to jump off the Tobin over this loss.

Their house, our house. funhouse, penthouse, greenhouse, doghouse or dark side of the moon outhouse I like our chances just fine against the Trip & Ben show in any house

Even with how this D plays on the road? I know Brady is very good vs Pitt in their house...but who wants it more? Pitt does but can they play like that?

Pitt isn;t very good..but they still have weapons on the outside to give us problems.

I’d be absolutely shocked if Pittsburgh DOESNT put 50+ points against our putrid defense. I know we’ve had great success against Pittsburgh, but history won’t help THIS team.

Our 2018 Pats are who they are, a wildly inconsistent, at times poorly coached, definitely poorly built (horrible drafting the last 5 years), terribly inept defense, and an offense that can be explosive, but disappears at crunch time. They are who we thought they were. Will be coming home from Pitt 9-5. Hopefully they can muster up a win vs the Jets or Bills.

Thanks I won't bother to watch next week and I will call my friend in FLA tomorrow who is a Pittsburgh fan and congratulation on the win next Sunday. NOT

It should be more volatile than Miami. Let's go!

Well at least the playoff picture is a bit clearer. #2 seed on the line next Sunday. Grab some popcorn!

Next week will be a perfect example of how much heart and fire this team has. This loss will show their true colors. Either come out and respond with a win, or lay down and be what they seem to be, an above average soft team.

and be what they seem to be, an above average soft team.

Only team in the league with a SOV above .500, if the Pats are an above average soft team so is every other team in the league

if both Miami and New England finish the season with the same record, who wins the AFC East?

if both Miami and New England finish the season with the same record, who wins the AFC East?
Miami on division record. Both teams right now only have the loss to each other, but the Pats would have to lose to either the Bills or Jets in order to tie Miami’s record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST