PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Really can’t even say “On to Pittsburgh” right now. It’s hard to move on from what we just saw.

But I can say that ultimately I think the game will be a tell-all about this team. How they respond will say a lot about what direction this thing is headed.

I would like to know what Bills biggest concern is as a head coach. We will not be told that info but I wonder what he sees vs what we see. I know collectively there is a lot of blame to pass around from a fan perspective.

I would like to know what Bills biggest concern is as a head coach. We will not be told that info but I wonder what he sees vs what we see. I know collectively there is a lot of blame to pass around from a fan perspective.

Probably communication and assignments. I don’t think he ever sees it like the players can’t do something if they execute correctly. But from a talent standpoint, they’re lacking major difference makers all around. Ironically they took their most consistent and reliable big play preventer off the field on the last play of the game and replaced him with a hobbling tight end. That was one of their few areas of stenfgth. Hard to believe we’re all feeling like this if McCourty’s out there. This makes me think even more that Butler was just benched (and no adjustments made) by outsmarting himself.

It’s kind of a trend, like the short kickoffs. Failing to acknowledge the massive risk and downside, assuming the players will execute in situations were they typically don’t (Gronkowski, Richards, kickoff units) , all for a very slim advantage.

Last edited:
I’d be absolutely shocked if Pittsburgh DOESNT put 50+ points against our putrid defense. I know we’ve had great success against Pittsburgh, but history won’t help THIS team.

Our 2018 Pats are who they are, a wildly inconsistent, at times poorly coached, definitely poorly built (horrible drafting the last 5 years), terribly inept defense, and an offense that can be explosive, but disappears at crunch time. They are who we thought they were. Will be coming home from Pitt 9-5. Hopefully they can muster up a win vs the Jets or Bills.

The comments would be different if the miracle play didn't happen. The Miracle in Miami is the most important play of the season. And unless we make it to the SB, it is likely to end up being the most important play of the season.

And yes, it WAS too cute to have Gronk in there to defend against an 80 yard pass.

Last edited:
The comments would be different if the miracle play didn't happen. The Miracle in Miami is the most important play of the season. And unless we make it to the SB, it is likely to end up being the most important play of the season.

And yes, it WAS too cute to have Gronk in there to defend against an 80 years pass.
Bill seemed to defend the decision post game.

Mind boggling

I’d be absolutely shocked if Pittsburgh DOESNT put 50+ points against our putrid defense. I know we’ve had great success against Pittsburgh, but history won’t help THIS team.

Our 2018 Pats are who they are, a wildly inconsistent, at times poorly coached, definitely poorly built (horrible drafting the last 5 years), terribly inept defense, and an offense that can be explosive, but disappears at crunch time. They are who we thought they were. Will be coming home from Pitt 9-5. Hopefully they can muster up a win vs the Jets or Bills.
That's the spirit!

Defense sucks Pitt should easily win this game...

were-doomed-gif-10.gif

And yes, it WAS too cute to have Gronk in there to defend against an 80 years pass.
I don’t think so. Been saying all season Pittsburgh is gonna score 50+ against THIS defense. Just an incredibly putrid defense. The Miracle in Miami just reinforced that fact.

Pittsburgh’s offense is 10x better than the Dolphins offense. Miami scored 34. It’s gonna be ugly.

I don’t think ANYTHING will affect the obvious outcome next week. I don’t care if we read BB makes them run the hill every practice, I don’t care about reading how pissed off the players are, I don’t care about how historically great the Pats are vs the Steelers, history won’t stop the inevitable. Steelers are gonna stomp us. There is no avoiding it.

So let’s beat the Bills and the Jets, and win the division, finish at 11-5.

I can’t see THIS team winning more than one playoff game.

Belichick needs to kill it in the next 2 drafts and FA periods, or we’ve seen our last Brady/Belichick championship. That may be a fact anyway already. Wasted so many opportunities to reinforce this team over the last few drafts, perpetually trading picks for future picks and not drafting players that could’ve helped in the present. Having 5 picks in the first 2 rounds of the 2018 draft, and walking away with 3 players, is a sin. Not having a Brady/Gronk replacement in the fold, especially when the 2018 draft was incredibly deep in both positions, was a sin. Not adding defensive studs over the last 5 drafts is a sin.

I feel blessed to have seen 5 Championships. FIVE ! But I feel sad seeing the opportunities missed in the last 5 drafts, which could’ve helped Brady, and the defense, keep this a championship caliber franchise.

We can revisit this after the next game. I’d be interested in seeing what cute Simpson’s meme you’ll use after we lose by 20+ and give up 50+ points.

I don’t think so. Been saying all season Pittsburgh is gonna score 50+ against THIS defense. Just an incredibly putrid defense. The Miracle in Miami just reinforced that fact.

Pittsburgh’s offense is 10x better than the Dolphins offense. Miami scored 34. It’s gonna be ugly.

I don’t think ANYTHING will affect the obvious outcome next week. I don’t care if we read BB makes them run the hill every practice, I don’t care about reading how pissed off the players are, I don’t care about how historically great the Pats are vs the Steelers, history won’t stop the inevitable. Steelers are gonna stomp us. There is no avoiding it.

So let’s beat the Bills and the Jets, and win the division, finish at 11-5.

I can’t see THIS team winning more than one playoff game.

Belichick needs to kill it in the next 2 drafts and FA periods, or we’ve seen our last Brady/Belichick championship. That may be a fact anyway already. Wasted so many opportunities to reinforce this team over the last few drafts, perpetually trading picks for future picks and not drafting players that could’ve helped in the present. Having 5 picks in the first 2 rounds of the 2018 draft, and walking away with 3 players, is a sin. Not having a Brady/Gronk replacement in the fold, especially when the 2018 draft was incredibly deep in both positions, was a sin. Not adding defensive studs over the last 5 drafts is a sin.

I feel blessed to have seen 5 Championships. FIVE ! But I feel sad seeing the opportunities missed in the last 5 drafts, which could’ve helped Brady, and the defense, keep this a championship caliber franchise.
Bill has suffered recent declines that many of us seem unwilling to admit. It’s happened to every legendary coach.

We have the Greatest QB ever. And Bill still does as good of a job coaching players that he has than ever. But you can only have SO MANY subpar drafts in a row before it becomes costly. It has finally come to a head the last two years, and the defense has been a let down at the worst times possible.

It’s sad. I’m hoping we can muster up one more run out of this, but this today is something that feels crushing.

Big Ben left the game and won’t return. Maybe he won’t play next week?

Big Ben left the game and won’t return. Maybe he won’t play next week?
Was just about to say this.

I’m sure it would definitely help, but man this team needs a statement win. Beating Josh Dobbs wouldn’t quite provide that.

Bill seemed to defend the decision post game.

Mind boggling
I don’t think you’re going to have him directly acknowledge someone’s second guess of his or a coordinators decisions very often.

Who knows if that was Bills design that Flores is coaching to implement or just a decision Flores was given to make as DC.

I think anything can happen next week in Pittsburgh. If the Pats lose they'll probably end up 11-5, just as I predicted in another thread early in the season. It's who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back