PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers aren't looking all that impressive at the moment but the back to back road thing is a real concern right now.
This game is probably going to determine whether we get that playoff bye week.:eek:
Back to back road games is a myth. The patriots win as often (actually slightly more often) in the second of back to back road games as in all road games.

What good does complaining do?

It's about as useful as doing nothing but constantly heaping praise upon the team. With that said, the board might as well just shut down. No use for it.

With that in mind, the Lions, Bengals, Panthers, or Jaguars will probably convert their home facility to a Cat house some day. I am not affiliated with any of those teams. I am a Patriot fan for life. :)

Your efforts do not go unappreciated. Of course there is a fundamental difference between a cat house and a cathouse that is no doubt lost on the less 'quick'

More than the loss yesterday, I was surprised at how lost our defense looked on that last play of the game. Except for a game or two, this team hasn't looked like a BB coached team all season. There is so much inconsistency on offense and defense. I don't know if it's communication or assignments or schemes or game plan but we tend to make uncharacteristic mistakes.

I think we lose another game and still end up with #2 seed. We may be out in the championship game unless we host it.

Roethlisberger is as much a drama queen as Rodgers. He leaves the game for significant time with a purported rib injury then comes back like nothing happened to pull them ahead.

Speaking of Mr Rodgers, did I hear right, that he took some shots at Mike McCarthy after their big win over the vaunted 4-9 Falcons yesterday? I guess it isn't enough that he got him fired. What a piece of crap that guy is.

What harm does it do?
Seriously?
You are asking whether it’s better to wallow in unhappiness about a team that has been the greatest ever over the longest time ever or to be appreciative and not get down over 1 loss when you still have hold on a first round bye in order to get back to your 9th consecutive conference championship?
I’m shocked that anyone thinks that way.

By all means complain away, at no point did I intimate there wasn't something to b!tch about here. My point is what happened in Miami continued the bizarro world trend that is the Pats in Miami, the trend is exactly the opposite when it comes to playing the Steelers. I'm by no means upbeat after the way this loss happened, just realistic. This is a flawed team but so are all the other AFC div leaders and Pitt is the most flawed of the four.

Almost all of us look at the schedule when it comes out and does our mental W/L run through it. I would think most anyone that follows this team more than casually had this one as a L and Pittsburgh as a W, if for no other reason than because that's almost always how it plays out. While it hasn't played out quite the way I expected in it's entirety (I anticipated a L to Chicago and a W in Tennessee) I had the Pats at 12-4 with this game being one of them. Should they have won? Absolutely, overall they are the better team...but then that's been the case most every time they have gone down there and lost. Knowing that I just can't get myself into a tailspin over it. Now if they lose in Pittsburgh I'll be right there with the rest of the sky is falling crowd.

At the beginning of the season I predicted that the Pats would end up 11-5. That was based on my belief that the Pats D and O were both worse, which they are.

As for Pittsburgh, as it turns out they have the same bad vibes vs Oakland as we do at Miami, so their loss ended up leaving us in the same boat as we were before this week. They still can't catch us this week even if they beat us.

The problem now becomes the Texans. If we do lose to Pitt we'll need some help from the Jets, Jags or Philly to keep the #2 seed.

The problem now becomes the Texans. If we do lose to Pitt we'll need some help from the Jets, Jags or Philly to keep the #2 seed.

This is what I am planning on. There isn't anyone on here that can confidently say Pats will win this weekend given how awful they are on the road and this is the best road team they will face all year and a team coming off 3 Ls in a row. Pitt will smell blood and Pats this year melt away on the road.

Conner may be back as well aka running all over this D.

Why getting HFA was a must this year if this team wanted to win the SB because they will lose first road game in the playoffs. They just don't show up

Seriously?
You are asking whether it’s better to wallow in unhappiness about a team that has been the greatest ever over the longest time ever or to be appreciative and not get down over 1 loss when you still have hold on a first round bye in order to get back to your 9th consecutive conference championship?
I’m shocked that anyone thinks that way.

I'm not wallowing in unhappiness just because I have complaints about the way they lost and I'm as shocked as you that you think I am.

Life has shown me enough ups and downs so that anything good or bad that happens in sports pales in comparison.

I’m not worried about Pittsburgh.
It’s the bills and jets game after that I’m worried about. Bill has been bringing donkeys on defense for Tom to carry far too long.

Back to back road games is a myth. The patriots win as often (actually slightly more often) in the second of back to back road games as in all road games.

I'd be very surprised if that's true. Do you have a source?

Good thing Brandon "Emmit Smith" Bolden does not play for the Steelers.

I'm not wallowing in unhappiness just because I have complaints about the way they lost and I'm as shocked as you that you think I am.

Life has shown me enough ups and downs so that anything good or bad that happens in sports pales in comparison.
So again, why waste your time crying about it.
They lost, move on.

I'd be very surprised if that's true. Do you have a source?
I went through all of it last year when the argument was that 3 in a row road games was a disaster. It worked out to the patriots record in the second game of back to back road games was slightly better than their overall road record. Don’t remember how far back I went but I think it was 01 making it the Brady era.

So again, why waste your time crying about it.
They lost, move on.
Bud Wilkinson espoused the simple but very important football truism: "Once you've won or lost, it's behind you. What lies ahead is all that matters."

Roethlisberger is as much a drama queen as Rodgers. He leaves the game for significant time with a purported rib injury then comes back like nothing happened to pull them ahead.

He's a clown. It must suck having to root for him.

Bud Wilkinson espoused the simple but very important football truism: "Once you've won or lost, it's behind you. What lies ahead is all that matters."
They didn’t have message boards then :D

I’ve honestly never seen a fan base before that takes a loss and tries to convince the rest of the fan base why it will result in more losses.
It’s like people here revel in being depressed and expecting failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back