PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh...Merged ... Steelers /Tomlin Drama

I have come to a sad realization.
My neighbor here in FL is in his late 80s. Great guy. Despite cardiac, etc. issues he travels to Mexico several times a year where his foundation helps the extremely disadvantaged. Found a child abandoned in a dump...built a community center for the blind (sightless folk there are abandoned in home to just sit there all day), etc. He's a devout and more rare, a practicing Christian and a fun guy.
He's from Pittsburgh and is a big Steeler fan. The Lord is testing him.

I now realize that fans of other teams are correct. I, along with BB & TFB, must have embraced Satan. The good news is that he continues to pay off on his deals up until that day the bill comes due. BB, Tommy Boy & I hope to live past this Feb, so it's good news.
Yes, Hail Satan.. Praise be.

That 2010 team was a lot better IMO. Our offense that year was one of the best offenses in NFL history and statistically our defense that year was better than this current defense.

Noboyd foresaw us losing to the Jets.
That should have been a cakewalk to the Super Bowl appearance, GB could have gone either way but I would have thought we should have won it.

That 2010 team was a lot better IMO. Our offense that year was one of the best offenses in NFL history and statistically our defense that year was better than this current defense.

Benching Welker on the first drive set a bad tone and was one of the stupidest moves Belichick ever made. And it was so silly for him to do that. Look at what he allows know with Brady "TB Times".

I thought we would kill the Jests. In hindsight the 2010 D was soft as ****. Horrible in red zone. Horrible on 3rd down. Numbers show this. Lived and died on turnovers. It was Wilfork, Mayo, rookie DMC at CB and baby Chung getting cooked over the top. Everyone else sucked. You think the current pass rush is mediocre? Look at that team.

2017 is MUCH stronger at point of attack, stouter, mentally tougher in red zone. Had injuries. Don't pay attention to yardage. Allowed 14ppg last 10 games.

Last edited:

Ranked 30th in pass defense that season. Looking back at that game i thought our offense let us down. Just couldn't put anything together.

Better front seven than Pittsburgh. They can get to Brady with 3 guys. And a much better secondary than Pittsburgh. This is precisely the kind of team that beats the Pats in the playoffs. Even those painfully mediocre Giants team with garbage secondaries did it by owning our offensive line and disrupting Brady.

If Bortles goes back to being Bortles, all bets are off. But if he comes into New England and plays like one of the best QBs in the league, like he has all year, they have a chance of beating us. Much better than the Steelers if we are healthy. No way they are going to be able to play man if Hogan and Mitchell are back.
I realize that there is no carry over from game to game but Jimmy G's team roasted that so called defense.

Ranked 30th in pass defense that season. Looking back at that game i thought our offense let us down. Just couldn't put anything together.

I was always concerned about the rookies in the playoffs. Everything looked good to start but wham, the game turned on a dime.

You seem like a cool fan, best of luck to you, except when facing the Pats. Your son has good taste :)

You didn't go wrong at all. If your son liked the Browns, then you should be concerned.
I agree. You should be proud that your sun knows good football when he sees it.

Id would be wary of jax. If they can get a run game going look out. They have been dreaful on the road. I would be cautiously optimistic about it. For one game, who knows. Hopefully we can black them.

Stack the box against bortles and make him beat you

You guys who think that Blake Bortles is beating Tom Brady in the AFC Championship Game at Gillette friggin' Stadium need to lay off the stuff. Come on now.
Any.

Given.

Sunday.

Id would be wary of jax. If they can get a run game going look out. They have been dreaful on the road. I would be cautiously optimistic about it. For one game, who knows. Hopefully we can black them.

Stack the box against bortles and make him beat you
We’d make JAX look bad, in my opinion. Pittsburgh will likely do the same if they play them again.

The Jags have come back down to earth, have lost their last 2, and got beat by the (semi) pathetic Titans twice this year. They peaked too early. Of course, it’s still a very successful season for them, which will likely include winning a playoff game this weekend.

:)

I'm a big Steelers fan and I've been through how many playoff runs and the Pats own us with Brady. The only time we can make the SB if we don't play the Pats. Hopefully we see you guys in the AFCCG and we have another game like last time, and obviously with a different outcome. :) haha.

Hopefully they both make the AFCCG.

Cheers!!!

By the way my kid is a traitor and now likes the Patriots. How does that happen growing up in a Steelers house :( Where did I go wrong? haha

I realize that there is no carry over from game to game but Jimmy G's team roasted that so called defense.

Garoppolo carved Jacksonville up, completing 21 for 30 passes for 242 yards with TD throws to George Kittle and Trent Taylor as San Francisco pulled away in the second half. Garoppolo improved to 6-0 in his career as a starter.

San Francisco 49ers roll past Jacksonville Jaguars for fourth straight win: Game recap, score, stats

Yet someone clicked "disagree"...

I agree that getting pressure on Brady while rushing 3-4 is the Pats kryptonite, but this year’s team can actually run the ball. 2007 team did not have Gronk or a great receiving RB. 2010 team did, but there was a lot that didn’t go right or make sense in that game.

I agree that getting pressure on Brady while rushing 3-4 is the Pats kryptonite, but this year’s team can actually run the ball. 2007 team did not have Gronk or a great receiving RB. 2010 team did, but there was a lot that didn’t go right or make sense in that game.

That is not NE's kryptonite but every team's kryptonite. It is a simple numbers game and nothing specific to NE, Brady or BB.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back