PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Looking to Hit Brady After Whistle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen Brady take huge late hits with no calls through the years. Last week, the fact he only got one RTP is a ****ing joke
Wut? The refs will now be instructed to watch this more closely because he made the comments public. He would have had a better chance of getting away with a late hit or two had he not made the comment public.

This is naive at best. Honestly, do you expect Roger to make a call saying watch this more closely?

Teams and players will complain like they do every game.

Are people this naive?

Teams and players go up to refs every game and say watch out for 91 etc and it makes 0 diff.

will the New England Patriots play with their offensive line ?

this is what cannon is up against.

Cannon has faced far better than Dupree this year and it's been no big deal.

Some comments on the comments

1. If I were BB, I'd have a huge blow up of Tuitts' quote in the refs dressing room.

2. As for any thought that Brady gets a lot of roughing calls, it just isn't so. over the last 8 seasons Brady has gotten 0.40 flags per 100 passes. Over 20 QB's have a higher rate than Brady. 6 QB's this season have gotten more as well as 6 more who had the same (3)

BTW- one QB who had fewer flags/100 throws was Rothlessberger (0.36)

3. Tuitt is a very good player and the guy I actually fear the most coming from the inside as a power rusher. But it was an incredibly stupid remark to make public.

4. On the other hand, the Dupree isn't any better than any of the other excellent outside rushers our OT's have made disappear (for the most part) this season. They have faced better.

Cannon has faced far better than Dupree this year and it's been no big deal.

This is casual fan thinking.

We beat team X and they beat B. So we should beat team B.

NFL doesn't work like that.

A T could be great going up against speed but not power.

Just bc Cannon played great against someone who is better doesn't mean he'll handle someone else.

Last edited:
This is naive at best. Honestly, do you expect Roger to make a call saying watch this more closely?

Teams and players will complain like they do every game.

Are people this naive?

Teams and players go up to refs every game and say watch out for 91 etc and it makes 0 diff.

It's been pretty well documented that coaches will call the league prior to games so they can advise the refs to be more aware of something going into that contest. This is one of those instances. You're naïve if you DON'T think that makes a difference. Honestly, this stuff is so well documented that I'm beginning to think that you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Again your naive at best if you think Brady gets the same treatment Dalton does.

You really think Kurt Cousins gets the same calls as 12?

You made a claim. Name one instance. It shouldn't be that hard if it happens all the time. You even have Google at your disposal.

This is casual fan thinking.

We beat team X and they beat B. So we should beat team B.

NFL doesn't work like that.

A T could be great going up against speed but not power.

Just bc Cannon played great against someone who is better doesn't mean he'll handle someone else.

Cannon was a Second-Team All-Pro. That could be because he only handled speed rushers like Miller, or could be because he handled all comers. I am thinking it is the latter.

I posted a QB who has received more calls than Tom.

Here is more. Pats are in the bottom 1/3rd in RtP calls received.

That means either he hardly gets hit or the refs let the play go.

Either way your 90% is false.

You are not good at this lol

Roughing the Passer Totals, by team 2009-2015 (including home/away splits) • /r/nfl

You typed in something about QB hits and that came up. Great job.

If people don't think Brady gets calls other QB's don't then you're obviously a Homer to the largest degree.

Yes RG3, Fitzpatrick and Matt Moore get the same respect 12 does.

Related - somehow Bud Dupree has become the perfect mix of Lawrence Taylor and Von Miller since the local and national media found out it was Pittsburgh vs the Pats...Dupree may be good and may become a first ballot HOF, but the guy has played 9 games this season incl playoffs and has 5 sacks....he also had 2.5 in one game vs Buffalo....

I can almost hear him Googling furiously now. Confirmation bias hard at work.

There is a reason most of the good posters don't post on the main.

Answer the question.

Does Fitzpatrick, Moore, RG3 get the same respect Brady does, in terms of calls?

Their all treated the same?

You typed in something about QB hits and that came up. Great job.

If people don't think Brady gets calls other QB's don't then you're obviously a Homer to the largest degree.

Yes RG3, Fitzpatrick and Matt Moore get the same respect 12 does.
The stat says Roughing the Passer. Not Qb hits.

Look- you are the one that pulled 90% out of your ass without any supporting data. Now that every poster is calling for you to prove your assertion, you are deflecting because you can't and now you default to the tired, "you are a homer if you don't believe it" ********.

You made the statement. Prove it. Otherwise, just stop.

There is a reason most of the good posters don't post on the main.

Answer the question.

Does Fitzpatrick, Moore, RG3 get the same respect Brady does, in terms of calls?

Their all treated the same?

I hope you are not putting yourself into that group, because based on this thread...umm...not so much.

Cannon was a Second-Team All-Pro. That could be because he only handled speed rushers like Miller, or could be because he handled all comers. I am thinking it is the latter.

What I said was 100% correct.

What you did last week against another team or player doesn't matter.

Cannon has showed everything you want n more. Handled everyone.

I'm simply pointing out that bc he had success against Miller doesn't mean he'll have that same success against another player.

Its casual fan thinking at its best.

The stat says Roughing the Passer. Not Qb hits.

Look- you are the one that pulled 90% out of your ass without any supporting data. Now that every poster is calling for you to prove your assertion, you are deflecting because you can't and now you default to the tired, "you are a homer if you don't believe it" ********.

You made the statement. Prove it. Otherwise, just stop.

Yes all QB's are treated equally.

You're focusing way too much on 90%.

Brady gets calls other QB's dont get.

Do you watch football besides the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back