PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFW's The Way We Hear It - More on Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ironic that so many - both Pats fans and Pats haters - were so quick to chastise BB for trading Cassel quickly and opining that the Pats should have been more patient; yet as far as I know, very few are second guessing the Panthers in their decision making regarding Peppers. But when you look at the two teams, and whether or not they have improved this off-season, there is absolutely no comparison; the Pats have improved and Carolina has not.

the people second guessing the cassel deal, and even calling it a sweetheart deal, are just the usual collection of idiots who don't have any idea what they're talking about.

see also: jay mariotti

that deal was straight common sense from the minute it was announced.

Peppers will get traded, but not to New England.

I've been flip flopping on this... I mean, on the one hand, i'd rather get younger on defense and it's a good year for OLB prospects, but on the other hand....how many years does brady really have left? three? four? five? it might make sense to try and win another super bowl now, before the team begins the inevitable slide that will happen once we lose our franchise quarterback.

you mean like last year?

you mean like last year?

Last year was easily one of Belichick's greatest seasons. If not his best.

Proving all of the naysayers wrong with injuries on top of injuries--Brady, Harrison, AD, Maroney, Morris, Jordan, Warren, Wilfork, Rookie AND Patchwork LB's, Secondary injuries and learning the system, the incredible work done with Cassel

A lot of calls seemed to go the other teams way--yet we set a record for fewest franchise penalties

A patchwork RB by committee system, and a somewhat patchwork OL that ended up being our 3rd best rushing output in 50 years

Another perfect December, after 2 back to back west coast trips where we had to stay out there for a total of a month--yet our only west coast loss was to San Diego

Losing a key offensive coordinator, special teams coach, secondary coach, and best friend VP of player personnel--AGAIN--without missing a beat

Proving every single doubting naysayer and so-called journalist wrong from week 1 all the way to the last possible 4th place tie-breaker loss at the hands of Brett Favre

Another double digit 11-5 season under all of those unlikely scenarios, getting every single person from the 53 man roster down to BJGE from the practice squad to believe in themselves for months when no one else did.

Every person, player, front office personnel, coach--and anyone from the hot dog vendor down to the last doubting fan should be counting our blessings for a season like last year. We could've been 4-12 or 5-11 easily.

We didn't go anywhere but up last year, Lombardi trophy or not. You should be ashamed of yourself

what?

dude, you're an idiot --- nothing personal.

I'm an idiot, and you have an avatar regarding a player from another team.

Sorry, but I stick up for this team, and feel privleged to have seasons other than Super Bowl winning ones.

You're the one who posted it, bro--

I'm an idiot, and you have an avatar regarding a player from another team.

Sorry, but I stick up for this team, and feel privleged to have seasons other than Super Bowl winning ones.

You're the one who posted it, bro--

CALM DOWN everyone! We all know last year was disappointing, however great the year was. It was great though, oh man, I loved being in it when everyone counted us out. I remember one time watching a game, and one of the announcers talked about how when a new QB understudies another how they begin to look like the starter. I always thought Cassel would have his day.

Cool. Word up CampPen, appreciate it.

I feel dumb... what do you appreciate exactly? lol:confused:

I guess just trying to keep things cool, etc--that's all.

We should still try and respect one another to some extent even if disagreeing, or having a back and forth. Anyone who's blatantly rude is just about classless.

I'm getting tired of hearing about how we fell off etc, just because we didn't go to the freaking playoffs. Try winning one game in the early 90's.

I guess just trying to keep things cool, etc--that's all.

We should still try and respect one another to some extent even if disagreeing, or having a back and forth. Anyone who's blatantly rude is just about classless.

I'm getting tired of hearing about how we fell off etc, just because we didn't go to the freaking playoffs. Try winning one game in the early 90's.

Remember, the blame for last year was a QB's fault....

Brett Farve

Everything evil from last year spawned from him.

Remember, the blame for last year was a QB's fault....

Brett Farve

Everything evil from last year spawned from him.

Yeah that was a tough one, but in all seriousness--and I'm not even kidding.

Last yr for me was clearly the most rewarding one, maybe not in February, but it seriously was the most rewarding one I've ever had as a Pats fan. Maybe I'm getting too deep about it, but I kind of compared it to life a little. A lot of people doubting you, everyone thinking they know better, the popular consent being wrong, etc--but somehow through all the sh!t--you just keep going out and overcoming the naysayers.

Maybe we didn't win a freaking trophy again, those were the most fun and happy, but last yr was the greatest--just proving everyone wrong, being relentless, not giving up. It clearly was at least in the top 3 for BB, I have a feeling all last yr did was boost morale even more.

Yeah that was a tough one, but in all seriousness--and I'm not even kidding.

Last yr for me was clearly the most rewarding one, maybe not in February, but it seriously was the most rewarding one I've ever had as a Pats fan. Maybe I'm getting too deep about it, but I kind of compared it to life a little. A lot of people doubting you, everyone thinking they know better, the popular consent being wrong, etc--but somehow through all the sh!t--you just keep going out and overcoming the naysayers.

Maybe we didn't win a freaking trophy again, those were the most fun and happy, but last yr was the greatest--just proving everyone wrong, being relentless, not giving up. It clearly was at least in the top 3 for BB, I have a feeling all last yr did was boost morale even more.

What do you think of O'Connell? I think that he will be something special, and will see a substantial amount of playing time over the coming years to save Brady's knee.

It's ironic that so many - both Pats fans and Pats haters - were so quick to chastise BB for trading Cassel quickly and opining that the Pats should have been more patient; yet as far as I know, very few are second guessing the Panthers in their decision making regarding Peppers. But when you look at the two teams, and whether or not they have improved this off-season, there is absolutely no comparison; the Pats have improved and Carolina has not.

To get this thread back on track, that's a great point. And a lot of those 1st round projected players are still around at the beginning of round 2 anyway. I've always considered it basically a low 1st rounder, the deal was great.

What do you think of O'Connell? I think that he will be something special, and will see a substantial amount of playing time over the coming years to save Brady's knee.

Yeah, O'Connell is hard to say right now, not having seen much of him, but I know he's got a lot of upside and potential. I think if Tom's healthy we'll see him mostly, barring some garbage time. O'Connell has the promise to be a member of a good 08 draft class though.

To get this thread back on track, that's a great point. And a lot of those 1st round projected players are still around at the beginning of round 2 anyway. I've always considered it basically a low 1st rounder, the deal was great.

I stood by the trade instantly. I was well aware of the financial implications prior to the trade happening though. I think that has a lot to do with people's feeling about it. They really didn't understand how badly his hit was crippling us to make any moves.

I would love them to get Peppers, but I don't see it as financially likely because the size of the investment would seem to be prohibitive given the other players they have to re-sign in the coming year or two (Wilfork, Seymour, Mankins, Brady, etc.). It just seems they have enough of their own players to worry about without giving out a big contract to an outsider.

It is interesting how they keep being linked to Peppers, however. Pat Kirwan and Vic Cariucci have been pushing it all offseason, and others have alluded to it.

Jason Cole, in his breakdown of the schedule's best matchups, threw in this:

Best: Carolina at New England – Call this one the Julius Peppers Bowl. Either Peppers will be playing for a team he wants to be with (the Patriots), or he’ll be playing for the team that can’t afford to let him go (the Panthers).

Granted, that is hardly hard evidence, but it just that sort of thing that keeps the Peppers trade possibility alive. It is probably nothing more than speculation to get people charged up in the offseason, but it still is out there.

Last year was easily one of Belichick's greatest seasons. If not his best.

Proving all of the naysayers wrong with injuries on top of injuries--Brady, Harrison, AD, Maroney, Morris, Jordan, Warren, Wilfork, Rookie AND Patchwork LB's, Secondary injuries and learning the system, the incredible work done with Cassel

A lot of calls seemed to go the other teams way--yet we set a record for fewest franchise penalties

A patchwork RB by committee system, and a somewhat patchwork OL that ended up being our 3rd best rushing output in 50 years

Another perfect December, after 2 back to back west coast trips where we had to stay out there for a total of a month--yet our only west coast loss was to San Diego

Losing a key offensive coordinator, special teams coach, secondary coach, and best friend VP of player personnel--AGAIN--without missing a beat

Proving every single doubting naysayer and so-called journalist wrong from week 1 all the way to the last possible 4th place tie-breaker loss at the hands of Brett Favre

Another double digit 11-5 season under all of those unlikely scenarios, getting every single person from the 53 man roster down to BJGE from the practice squad to believe in themselves for months when no one else did.

Every person, player, front office personnel, coach--and anyone from the hot dog vendor down to the last doubting fan should be counting our blessings for a season like last year. We could've been 4-12 or 5-11 easily.

We didn't go anywhere but up last year, Lombardi trophy or not. You should be ashamed of yourself

Uh, "Losing a key offensive coordinator, special teams coach, secondary coach, and best friend VP of player personnel--AGAIN--without missing a beat" :confused: but we didn't lose them last year. We just lost them THIS year. Their loss this year has NOTHING to do with last season's performance.

Uh, "Losing a key offensive coordinator, special teams coach, secondary coach, and best friend VP of player personnel--AGAIN--without missing a beat" :confused: but we didn't lose them last year. We just lost them THIS year. Their loss this year has NOTHING to do with last season's performance.

Why spoil it? He was on a good roll.

The way I heard it on Sirius NFL radio the other day... Vic Cariucci is sticking by his story and still thinks the Pats will be the team to land Peppers by the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes