PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Rosen Unfollows Cards on Instagram (1st Comment is Classic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the logic. Since we won’t offer more than anyone else, we don’t like the player? What if we like him enough to give a 3rd and 4th and Miami is desperate and gives a 2nd.
That doesn’t mean we don’t like him.

We like tons of players that get traded, we just don’t pay more that we think they are worth because someone else offers more.

Do you really think a 2nd is too steep a price if you thought Rosen was a potential franchise qb?

I just don't think he is that good and will do the prep work.

Future cap considerations don't bother me because it is very likely there will be a % cap on how much one player can earn on any team.

If Rosen goes to Miami, the AFCE is going to have stocked the QB position with 3 of the top 4 QBs from last year.

Do you really think a 2nd is too steep a price if you thought Rosen was a potential franchise qb?
Thinking he is a potential franchise Qb and “not liking him” are pretty far apart.
When he isn’t likely to see the field for 3 years, the value is even less.

If he’s your guy, I think overpaying a little seems okay.

Senior citizen, Tom Brady, might actually get twice as many wins than both Murray and Rosen combined during the season.

Why not look at a trade for Mullens? He was more impressive than Rosen. They already have Bethard as Jimmy insurance.

Well if he isn’t a viable backup you won’t get anything in a trade.
Also I don’t know how you go from unanimous rating of 1st round qb to not a viable backup in 12 months of playing pretty much a similar level to the jete qb of the future.
Did you SEE the tape of last year?

Thinking he is a potential franchise Qb and “not liking him” are pretty far apart.
When he isn’t likely to see the field for 3 years, the value is even less.

Just for you Andy I’ll clarify. They may not have liked him enough when it comes to becoming the guy after Brady. Anyways It’s all speculation. To me a 2nd and say a day 3 pick for a guy you feel can carry the franchise forward the next decade is a steal, does the value really matter if he sits behind brady like Steve young did for Montana?

And I get that brady has said he wants to play to 45. Hes 42. If he gets to 45 great but he’s at the age where he should be considered year to year. To me it’s just as possible we have a new starting qb by 2020 as it is that Brady plays another 3 seasons.

Did you SEE the tape of last year?

Did you see that o-line last year?
Okay, I admit that was a trick question. No one saw that o-line once the ball was snapped last year since they were all on their asses.

There's so much mis-information out there from all these guys. I think your pump the brakes post is accurate.

Of course, it would be very very Belichickian to get this kid for a 4th or 5th. Bill swoops in and says he'll take him for a a song. Value.

There's so much mis-information out there from all these guys. I think your pump the brakes post is accurate.

Of course, it would be very very Belichickian to get this kid for a 4th or 5th. Bill swoops in and says he'll take him for a a song. Value.

Absolutely. At some point if the price just drops to the point of serious value received for consideration given then why the hell not take a flyer on him?

We really should get in this bidding this is just stupid cheap.

Since I don't know how the team feels about Rosen:

I'm fine with the team making the move, because the value is obviously there. I'm fine with the team not making the move, because I can understand why a team might not have any interest. Now, if it comes out that they like the kid, but balked at some pick in either the second or third round, I'll criticize BB for that. Until and unless that happens, though, I'm just an interested observer.

If I'm BB I'm lowballing the Cards all the way. I'll give you a 4th rounder for Rosen and you give me back a 7th round pick. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back