PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Matt Patricia to call plays on offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Jeff Howe of TheAthletic.com reports that, while coach Bill Belichick has yet to decide who will call the offensive plays post-Josh McDaniels, the situation is “trending” in the direction of the former defensive coordinator who spent most of three years as head coach of the Lions.

This is bad if true

Fat Matt was going to coach the Oline from the last report no?

Hahahahaha. Must see TV

Fat Matt was going to coach the Oline from the last report no?

I would rather have Judge coach the offense. He’s at least coached the special teams unit successfully before. Patricia was a mediocre DC and a bad head coach..

Has any NFL coach ever been both an OC and DC before?

This is what you guys wanted. Not many of you guys cared the retreads of Judge and Patricia were back in the fold. We were hinted this would happen so it's not a surprise.

I can't wait to see that stupid pencil in his ear on the sidelines with Steve making funny faces.

Last edited:
The man may be smart but I don't think that would be a wise decision.

Do they have a legit alternative besides Judge?

The responses to this are as predictable as they are vapid.

I’m certainly happier about Patricia getting the play-calling role in lieu of Judge, because while the both of them give off some blowhard vibes, I think Judge is an exponentially bigger blowhard (and considerably less intelligent/competent) than Patricia. But what do I know, that’s just my gut feeling / intuition.

I still think there’s a legitimate chance Bill O’Brien will be here as OC next season, after his contract with Alabama expires. I wouldn’t be shocked if BB is planning on BoB being here in 2023, and in the interim is having Patricia serve in a stopgap role (unless Patricia really hits the thing out of the park, in which case maybe he keeps the job).

Last edited:
Perhaps you should wait until
1. The actual person making the calls is named.
2. The preseason games actually start so we can see them play football.
3. The regular season gets underway so we can see how they actually do
4. The season finishes and we can judge how well they did.

Or you can run around like chickens with your heads cutoff.

i liked it better when we didn't know. now i just feel sick
Horrible, Bill and his allegiance to mediocre yes men an absolute nightmare. Patricia the O.C. and his son the D.C oh boy. Kraft is a fan who happens to own the team, this is the end of Belichick's days in Foxborough BOOK IT!

Fixed for you Clonamery LOL

Last edited:
Horrible.....Bill and his allegiance to mediocre yes men......absolute nightmare......Patricia the O.C. and his son the D.C oh boy. Kraft is a fan who happens to own the team...this is the end of Belichick's days in Foxborough........BOOK IT.
If you write a book, there are about 6 people here that could read it (I’m not one of them). I mean, your use of ellipses is bordering on the savant.

I would rather have Judge coach the offense. He’s at least coached the special teams unit successfully before. Patricia was a mediocre DC and a bad head coach..
Every year he was DC they had a top 10 defense.
They won 12 or more games every year (75-21). Won the division all 6 years. Had a bye all 6 years.
Went to the AFCCG all 6 years.
Went to the SB 3 of the 6 years.
Won the SB 2 of the 6 years.

Whatever you think mediocre means, can we please have a lot more of it.

Horrible.....Bill and his allegiance to mediocre yes men......absolute nightmare......Patricia the O.C. and his son the D.C oh boy. Kraft is a fan who happens to own the team...this is the end of Belichick's days in Foxborough........BOOK IT.
Yeah damn that belichick and his beliefs. How did they ever hire this guy and out us through these last 20 years?

Perhaps you should wait until
1. The actual person making the calls is named.
2. The preseason games actually start so we can see them play football.
3. The regular season gets underway so we can see how they actually do
4. The season finishes and we can judge how well they did.

5. Or you can run around like chickens with your heads cutoff.
1-4 represent reason.
5 represents patsfans.com

The responses to this are as predictable as they are vapid.

I’m certainly happier about Patricia getting the play-calling role in lieu of Judge, because while the both of them give off some blowhard vibes, I think Judge is an exponentially bigger blowhard (and considerably less intelligent/competent) than Patricia. But what do I know, that’s just my gut feeling / intuition.

I still think there’s a legitimate chance Bill O’Brien will be here as OC next season, after his contract with Alabama expires. I wouldn’t be shocked if BB is planning on BoB being here in 2023, and in the interim is having Patricia serve in a stopgap role (unless Patricia really hits the thing out of the park, in which case maybe he keeps the job).
Bill should probably focus on Bill being here in 2023.

If the reports are true on the zone scheme change, then everyone is virtually on square # 1. Patricia hired Darrell Bevel for his OC and an article stated that Bevell is a zone guy. So, Patricia has some background though limited. BB likes people who he can trust.

I dont expect smooth sailing on offense at all. These changes take time.

Its crazy enough to work, but changing OC during a season is not uncommon. Parcells took playcalling away from Weis. There were games where I wished McDaniels got fired.

Bill should probably focus on Bill being here in 2023.

If you legitimately believe BB’s job security is remotely in danger, you believe very wrong.

As Lazar said recently, you could arguably make the case that BB has the best job security of any coach in the NFL, and that wasn’t said speculatively, it was said matter of factly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back