PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Belichick sees Dramatic Improvement in Mac

And some around the league seem to disagree with you. I don’t think he’s solely responsible but $10 mill a year for a guy who PFF has as the 42nd ranked interior lineman isn’t exactly a steal.

NFL Exec Indicates Patriots Overpaid On Reported Davon Godchaux Extension
PFF itself says that rating needs some context. They loved his work against the run over the second half of the season. I remember seeing some variation of this post at the time and thinking how fascinating it was Godchaux's ratings were actually highest in some of the worst games for the run defense as a whole unit. In addition to his famous Buffalo wind game performance, his other two appearances in the Patriots’ top 5 PFF grades were against the Titans (270 rushing yards allowed) and Dolphins (195). (Bentley graded out even better in those two games, for that matter.)

Last edited:
Does seem like an overpay. Let’s hope he loves up to it.

My gut tells me he learned something from his time with Tom.

In addition I think he is genuine with what hes seen from Mac in terms of he has done everything BB expected him to do and a lot more.

Also might be BB has evolved a little.

My belief is Mac IS setting the standard for work ethic on the team and BB is recognizing that with positive reinforcement which permeates throughout the locker room. If he talks that way about Mac, that'll motivate Mac and the other players on the team to follow his example.

It might also be the way the kid is wired. Tom fed off the "doubters" and would walk through a wall for praise and BB knew it. It was all mind games with Tom. Maybe Mac works harder when hes praised? Maybe he needs that positive feedback? Not sure. Just a guess.
This has nothing to do with Tom. Bill has no choice but to evolve. Today's Gen Z & younger millennial players are not wired the same as the dynasty ones. Jules mentioned how different today's players are. We saw it with Flores and Tua. The old school tyrannical ways don't work with these kids. There's only a handful of old dynasty vets left and none of them have the gravitas to influence these kids. You can see how much younger coaches are getting. Bills days are numbered. He's the goat but still a dinosaur in today's game.

Watching the white knights coming out is giving this a very distinct scent of DannySheltonitis.

If the Patriots and Bills swapped quarterbacks then New England would win the division.
They might win the division regardless. I think they’re a year away, but the kids might surprise. And it has nothing to do with Mac or Allen, the Bills have had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL for two years already... what's the hold up with Allen winning it all?
You think that's an accurate assessment? Fool's gold? He was MVP of the ENTIRE LEAGUE! His career completion percentage is 64.1% which ranks 22nd all-time and is literally 0.1% below Brady's career percentage. His TD% of 6.3% is 7th best all-time, tied with 4x MVP Aaron Rodgers. He averages 6.0 yards per rushing attempt which is 3rd best all-time. He's VERY good. Certainly not the fraud you cast him out to be.
What's the ultimate goal of all 32 NFL teams?

Having a good completion percentage and ranking near dead last annually among starting QB's in pass attempts is "fools gold." Jakobi Meyers was a perfect 4-4 on pass attempts over his career... nobody is clamoring to convert him into a QB. The Ravens protect LJ by not letting him pass too much. In the playoffs in order to beat superior defenses, a QB has to be able to pass accurately from the pocket... that's why his playoff record is abysmal. Putting up Tecmo Bowl stats and highlights in the regular season against the Lions doesn't make him great... passing is 1-2-3 on the list of importance for the QB position, he's not an accurate passer... if he were even close to one Jim Harbaugh would let him lead the NFL in pass attempts like he did Joe Flacco... instead he keeps Jackson ranked near dead last in pass attempts. The greatest QB in history is annually one of the worst running QB's in the league, he has seven rings. Joe Montana wasn't a runner, neither was Manning or Marino... passing is the job.
There's a lot of implying here that Jones will be better than Allen within due time. It's wishful thinking at best. Allen is a legit perennial league MVP candidate for the next decade. That's going to be above Mac's class.
Your ability to predict the future is about as useful as a knuckle in my johnson... worthless. Mac is already ahead of where Allen was at this point in his career.

This has nothing to do with Tom. Bill has no choice but to evolve. Today's Gen Z & younger millennial players are not wired the same as the dynasty ones. Jules mentioned how different today's players are. We saw it with Flores and Tua. The old school tyrannical ways don't work with these kids. There's only a handful of old dynasty vets left and none of them have the gravitas to influence these kids. You can see how much younger coaches are getting. Bills days are numbered. He's the goat but still a dinosaur in today's game.
Rubbish.

Tua is a ***** and sucks.

How are older millennials different than younger ones?

And anyone that said he improved every year of his career is an idiot. Glad you agree.
I said he improved from years one through three, every year... a quick glimpse at his QB Rating every year says I'm right.
OMFG you cannot possibly be this stupid.
Name calling... a sure sign you're losing.
Apparently you have never heard of Justin Jefferson, who is an upgrade over Diggs. By an amazing coincidence, Cousins' number improved.
Seems Kirk Cousins gets lucky every year he plays to find a magical WR to make him good, whether we're talking Washington or Minny. It's almost as if he's pretty good on his own and he benefits when he plays with other good players.
It is clear you do not even follow the sport of football. This will be my last post in our sidebar since you are clearly just phenomenally ignorant of what is going on around the rest of the League.
I've been posting about Boston sports for as long as the internet has existed, saying someone is ignorant while giving one player credit for another's success is the height of stupidity. Josh Allen deserves the lions share of credit for his self improvement... there's a bunch of crappy QB's in this league who wouldn't benefit at all from the addition of Diggs... never mind make Crawdaddy's best QB of 2022 list lol!

Here's another Wussie "dead on correct" post about N'Keal. The man is a legend in his own mind.
This is all you have... a post from before N'Keal's second season began.

The reason I don't give guarantees on rookies is because the average NFL career lasts three years, the draft is a crapshoot... there's literally a book with that title... though reading probably isn't your strong suit.

Harry was talented, he failed because of what's between his ears.... if you can predict that, please tell us which rookie WR's from this 2022 class are going to be successful and which won't?

I bet you don't have the balls, instead you'll just tell us who sucks years later in hindsight and how you knew it all along.

Keep holding onto that opinion that's been wrong since college.

(Per Steven Ruiz)

5th in epa / play when expected dropback is over 75%
20220726_153920.jpg

Now the playoffs
20220726_153908.jpg

C'mon man this is the opposite of "dead on correct" Posting this thinking its a W is crazy talk.
Let's see what I wrote again...

"I think he could "appear" really good, he could look like young Michael Vick... and just like Vick he will be fool's gold.
He will win some regular season games but unless he has the perfect situation around him won't sniff the Super Bowl.
Vick has a career 56% completion rate, his career win/loss record is 61-51, he averaged over 2.5 INT's per game... people think he was good because he was good on Tecmo Bowl or Nintendo, in the real world he appeared in 5 playoff games over 13 seasons.
You have to be able to pass accurately to beat NFL caliber playoff defenses... passing is important." - Wozzy, Apr 23, 2018

Lamar's career playoff totals: 1-3 Record, 56% Completions, 3td's/5 INT's, 6.62 Yards Per Passing Attempt, 19 Sacks, 68.3 QB Rating... and oh yeah, 5 Fumbles.

I've been dead on correct about who Jackson was back in 2018.

Who is he?

Mike Vick with less baggage... oh yeah, and playing in a much easier era for QB passing.

Let's see what I wrote again...

"I think he could "appear" really good, he could look like young Michael Vick... and just like Vick he will be fool's gold.
He will win some regular season games but unless he has the perfect situation around him won't sniff the Super Bowl.
Vick has a career 56% completion rate, his career win/loss record is 61-51, he averaged over 2.5 INT's per game... people think he was good because he was good on Tecmo Bowl or Nintendo, in the real world he appeared in 5 playoff games over 13 seasons.
You have to be able to pass accurately to beat NFL caliber playoff defenses... passing is important." - Wozzy, Apr 23, 2018

Lamar's career playoff totals: 1-3 Record, 56% Completions, 3td's/5 INT's, 6.62 Yards Per Passing Attempt, 19 Sacks, 68.3 QB Rating... and oh yeah, 5 Fumbles.

I've been dead on correct about who Jackson was back in 2018.

Who is he?

Mike Vick with less baggage... oh yeah, and playing in a much easier era for QB passing.
You're the only slow person that would compare Jackson to Vick. No serious person thinks that lol. Like its great to have an opinion but no one worth anything shares that opinion.

Huh. I'm usually pretty positive on team moves, but this one is a head-scratcher. That's one way to use up cap space, I guess. He was okay at times, but not someone I want to see out there on a regular basis. A position that needs an upgrade. Badly.

You're the only slow person that would compare Jackson to Vick. No serious person thinks that lol. Like its great to have an opinion but no one worth anything shares that opinion.
Stats don't lie... Vick was great in the regular season and on Tecmo Bowl also.

Respond with facts, data or reason, not insults... it's below you.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back