PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Belichick sees Dramatic Improvement in Mac

I assume immediate cap space will be realized.

Played well.

Still young.

This is very disappointing. It's quite weird to see players in any sport get rewarded from mediocre to bad play, but it happens.

if this number is true, i expected more as well
So in essence the player is judged over the cap space his extension saves?

...all the are doing is moving money around.

Tackles at the DT position

1.Heyward- 89
Wilkins
Donald
Johnson
Buckner
Robinson
Godchaux-65
Hargrave-63

That’s a big time overpay for what he provides. We could have stayed put in the 1st round, taken Wyatt to play the 3-tech, and then watched Strange on day 2 while saving the money.

I thought he was average to below average. I won’t pretend to be some sort of D-line expert but the run defense was pretty spotty last year and we just re-upped our “run stopper”.

No one player is responsible for a team's run defense, and we've essentially wholesale swapped the LB group. I think it's fair to say BB didn't think Godchaux was the problem in run defense last year.

This looks like something from The Onion.
daniel tosh television GIF

WTF! Does Bill think he is good at evaluating IDL or something! I’m outraged! Actually, hold on a minute (checks Bill’s IDL track record over the past 20+). Never mind

. 1658960635599.gif

I wasn't all that impressed with Godchaux last year and thought he was a candidate to be cut, but I will say our LBers were the big problem with the run defense. They were so slow that many times the opposing RB wouldn't even be touched by a defender until they got into the secondary. Godchaux was tying up blockers for the LBs to make plays on a lot of running downs and the LBs failed.

And as for the money, the way the salary cap is going to explode the next few years, what he is getting might be not nearly as bad as we think it is today. Again, this is money for 2023 and 2024 and not this year.

I am not a fan of the deal, but I don't think I am as upset as others.

WTF! Does Bill think he is good at evaluating IDL or something! I’m outraged! Actually, hold on a minute (checks Bill’s IDL track record over the past 20+). Never mind

. View attachment 44163
yup BB's record the past 20 years obviously means that BB never evaluates a player wrong

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back