PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perry: Adrian Klemm impressed Dante Scarnecchia as college OL coach

The OL coach appointment is going to be a key step here. Klemm sounds like a good candidate and I hope they get him. Joe Philbin was just let go by the Cowboys so that may be a possibility.
This is the most important hire this year, after OC. Let's get it right. It's been a weak point without Scar except for the brief interlude of Popovich.

Let OB do the hiring on this. From here on in everything Bill Belichick does will be wrong.
It's hard to imagine we'd bring in someone that OBrien isn't in favor of. Klemm checks off a lot of boxes and sounds great, but he and OB may not know each other. I'd like to see a guy who played OL in the pro's like Klemm.

O’Brien’s OL coach from his Texans days is available. Report: Texans move on from OL coach Mike Devlin

Was with the Texans from 2015-20, currently the assistant OL coach with the Ravens. Marrone would be ideal in the short term and BB loves him but the Saints would have to give him permission to make a lateral move and he also has bigger coaching aspirations sooner rather than later.

Not a Klemm supporter at all. Mistake to me. No way you compare College to Pro. From what I heard when I was living in Pittsburgh, Tomlin was going to let him go anyway after 2021 season.

Not a Klemm supporter at all. Mistake to me. No way you compare College to Pro. From what I heard when I was living in Pittsburgh, Tomlin was going to let him go anyway after 2021 season.
I would take Klemm over the alternatives.

I like how BB hires his ex-players and his ex-coaches. Shows some loyalty, that I think, will go long way with the players, if they see that guys who played for BB, now coach for BB, and he helps them whenever he can.

So put me down from Klemm!

Yeah but he was an OT in the pros (for us, under Dante) for 4-5 years, and was OL coach for the Steelers, plus his college experience. That's a pretty good resume.

If I'm Kraft there's no way I'm trying to save pennies on coaching this year. No way in hell.
you mean like in 2021 when he didn't pay his OL coach, his QB coach or his OC?

or before that and in 2021, when we had the fewest coaches in the NFL?

Let's hope the Pats are looking at a new OL coach who has history in their system because they anticipate having new FA and high draft picks to teach and bring up to speed quickly.

Sounds like Ryan Wendell is in the mix as well. No matter who it is they have to get back to the disciplined play they had under Scar, the OL penalties have been killing them since he left.

Let's hope the Pats are looking at a new OL coach who has history in their system because they anticipate having new FA and high draft picks to teach and bring up to speed quickly.
Agree. Seems to me that is their direction.

As I understand it, the whole reason for changing the offense was to make it easier for coaches to coach and players to learn quickly and play fast.

I don't think EP is harder than the other systems. As long as it isn't 876 pages of plays and requires 6 years of NFL experience to run they should be ok.

Last edited:
Happy that BOB has input selecting the rest of the offensive coaching staff. BB should concentrate on getting a special teams coach and upgrading the roster.
Judge should be given the title as like special teams coordinator.
If they don’t want to offend Achord.
I would love to bring in both Wendell and Klemm the more the merrier.
As well as Shawn Jefferson one of the all time under rated receivers loved him as a player.

Judge should be given the title as like special teams coordinator.
If they don’t want to offend Achord.
I would love to bring in both Wendell and Klemm the more the merrier.
As well as Shawn Jefferson one of the all time under rated receivers loved him as a player.
I don’t really care. I just want coaches to coach positions they know well.

Happy that BOB has input selecting the rest of the offensive coaching staff. BB should concentrate on getting a special teams coach and upgrading the roster.
The sad reality is based on the Fat Matt and Judge experiments, I do not have confidence in BB having complete autonomy picking coaches anymore.

Last edited:
you mean like in 2022 when he didn't pay his OL coach, his QB coach or his OC?

or before that and in 2021, when we had the fewest coaches in the NFL?
Saving money on coaching was a disaster on the field in 2022, and is an ongoing PR nightmare. Hence the team's very public approach to hiring an OC. If I were Kraft, and I wanted to save money on coaching, this is the year I'd be least inclined to do so.

The sad reality is based on the Fat Matt and Judge experiments I do not have confidence in BB having complete autonomy picking coaches anymore.

You wrote this sentence for me. :) I couldn’t agree more.

Even if the article was only half accurate, BB made a mistake of gigantic proportions. He let down everybody by f-ing around: players, fans, owner, other coaches, etc. While the players should be held accountable too, they usually are. BB got a big pass here; with a competent OC/QBC, this team might have had a shot at playing tomorrow. He gets paid a ridiculous amount of money and for the first time since he began coaching in NE, he didn’t earn it this season.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back