PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perry: Adrian Klemm impressed Dante Scarnecchia as college OL coach

Sounds like Kraft’s going to need to open up his purse strings if he wants to bring Klemm here then.
Not sure why that should even be an issue for a billionaire. Hopefully the days of Bill handing out green balls to his underpaid, over worked staff are over.

I think he advancement in mind going to Oregon, he was up for OC there this year, hopefully RK opens the check book and pays him.

Not sure why that should even be an issue for a billionaire. Hopefully the days of Bill handing out green balls to his underpaid, over worked staff are over.
I don't understand it...makes no sense to me.

I think the angle that BB/Kraft were primarily trying to save $$ by bringing back ex-HC's is way overblown. It was just a fringe benefit, not a reason to hire. BB liked Patricia and Judge as coaches, had won multiple SB's with them, it's as simple as that. Neither Belichick nor Kraft would let assistant coach pay get in the way of assembling a team - just a stupid Felger take.

I saw something that he was making over a million dollars at Oregon. May have just been about money.
Nike money. I think they use it to stuff the mattresses at Oregon.

Not a fan... He was the line coach for the 2021 steeler team... the ****sburgh oline in 2021 wasn't very good... if he doesn't come here i wont be disappointed

Not a fan... He was the line coach for the 2021 steeler team... the ****sburgh oline in 2021 wasn't very good... if he doesn't come here i wont be disappointed
He didn't have much to work with there.

I think the angle that BB/Kraft were primarily trying to save $$ by bringing back ex-HC's is way overblown. It was just a fringe benefit, not a reason to hire. BB liked Patricia and Judge as coaches, had won multiple SB's with them, it's as simple as that. Neither Belichick nor Kraft would let assistant coach pay get in the way of assembling a team - just a stupid Felger take.
On a related note, McDaniels was the highest-paid coordinator in the NFL when he took the Raiders job.

Actually McDermott was pretty decent down the line... Expect him to be resigned...

Define decent. Watch the tape (esp. pass protection). Or vice versa.

I can understand the excitement of these early coaching moves done in uncharacteristic fan friendly way . but its still all in house.
So far i see no sign of objective evaluation of the roster . meaning practice squad guys like McDermott, Ferentz, Bryant or limited role players like Tavai will likely continue to have prominent role on the roster . despite big cap space..

Unfortunately i do expect BB will sign him, he went as far as to thank god to have him. And thats the problem. They dont fully realise the problems they have on OL. The fact that BB doesn't seem to listen even to Dante (who cut McDermott after first TC btw) after begging him to stay with him over and over is the most surprising thing in continuing OL fiasco that is keeping everybody on the team down.

Last edited:
Define decent. Watch the tape (esp. pass protection). Or vice versa.

I can understand the excitement of these early coaching moves done in uncharacteristic fan friendly way . but its still all in house.
So far i see no sign of objective evaluation of the roster . meaning practice squad guys like McDermott, Ferentz, Bryant or limited role players like Tavai will likely continue to have prominent role on the roster . despite big cap space..
Cap space on 3 players - Meyers , J Jones, mcglinchey. Will help us move J Jones or Mills into McVourty role.

Witherspoon the DB could be first round pick and be patriots sauce Gardner and our CB1.

And mid round OT , center and TE should help us build decent depth .

this way we have bases covered and next year when we are off Jonnu, Henry and T brown contracts, sign the marquee wide receiver 1 . For this season help Thornton take the leap .

Ya it was totally his fault that Rapethlsiburger was a broken down statue in his last year and he had such good OL like Dan Moore, JC Hassenhauser, Kevin Dotson and Chukuma Okforafura

Cap space on 3 players - Meyers , J Jones, mcglinchey. Will help us move J Jones or Mills into McVourty role.

Witherspoon the DB could be first round pick and be patriots sauce Gardner and our CB1.

And mid round OT , center and TE should help us build decent depth .

this way we have bases covered and next year when we are off Jonnu, Henry and T brown contracts, sign the marquee wide receiver 1 . For this season help Thornton take the leap .

Sorry to derail the thread. Just quickly. Im afraid mid round OT in this Draft has close to zero chance starting. Esp at LT.

There are two solid OTs in the 2023 FA. Both will eye top $. Despite cap space i doubt BB will pay that. My only hope is trade.

The way Bill went about roster building the last 2-3 seasons im not holding out hope. He'll probably say we have Brown for one more year on good cap, we can bring back Cajuste and McDermott cheap, we'll draft a guy somewhere, maybe bring back Flemming.. - and if it doesnt work we can always trade for a guy like Durant in September... -> here BoB - you're the genius everyone is raving about . you do the math..

One huge difference in Dante's time was that his authority even w BB allowed him to roster much of the OL himself.
He didnt impose or demand . but he worked everyone himself . gave opinion . and his word was sacred.

Agree...

WIKI

- The Steelers promoted Klemm to offensive line coach on February 2, 2021.[7]
- On December 27, 2021 Klemm left the Steelers with 2 games remaining in the regular season to become an offensive line coach at Oregon.[8]
His bank account didn’t take a step back. He wasn’t making $1m as the Steelers OL coach, which reportedly is his yearly Oregon salary!

Ya it was totally his fault that Rapethlsiburger was a broken down statue in his last year and he had such good OL like Dan Moore, JC Hassenhauser, Kevin Dotson and Chukuma Okforafura
Maybe, still think this is a mistake. Najee Harris had 1,200, and they were 30th in Rushing the ball. I'm not in favor of it.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back