PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perry: Adrian Klemm impressed Dante Scarnecchia as college OL coach

Ya it was totally his fault that Rapethlsiburger was a broken down statue in his last year and he had such good OL like Dan Moore, JC Hassenhauser, Kevin Dotson and Chukuma Okforafura
Big ben averaged 2.2 seconds a throw... he made the pass protection better... Run blocking was miserable, with the running game averaging 3.9 ypc... So, meh... if you think hes the second coming of Scar, i hope you are right... but i'm not holding my breath...

How is Adrian Klemm in-house? His career is 3 college teams and a couple of years with the Steelers?

Tavai was actually solid

McDermott got cut because of numbers. 2017 OT were Solder, Cannon, Waddle and Fleming. Fleming has been a starter the last 3 years.

NIce to hear from you Mrs Belichick

Big ben averaged 2.2 seconds a throw... he made the pass protection better... Run blocking was miserable, with the running game averaging 3.9 ypc... So, meh... if you think hes the second coming of Scar, i hope you are right... but i'm not holding my breath...
Their running game has been “meh” for many years, averaging less than 4 ypc as a team, with and without Klemm. To me, that indicates that personnel has been the issue, more so than the coaching. Harris had no more success running the ball this year than he did the prior year under Klemm.

Last edited:
This sounds like the description of many Patriot OLs when Scarnecchia was here, especially if you include years barely better than 3.9

Define decent. Watch the tape (esp. pass protection). Or vice versa.

I can understand the excitement of these early coaching moves done in uncharacteristic fan friendly way . but its still all in house.
So far i see no sign of objective evaluation of the roster . meaning practice squad guys like McDermott, Ferentz, Bryant or limited role players like Tavai will likely continue to have prominent role on the roster . despite big cap space..

Unfortunately i do expect BB will sign him, he went as far as to thank god to have him. And thats the problem. They dont fully realise the problems they have on OL. The fact that BB doesn't seem to listen even to Dante (who cut McDermott after first TC btw) after begging him to stay with him over and over is the most surprising thing in continuing OL fiasco that is keeping everybody on the team down.

Wow. talk about being disingenuous. The Pats "cut" a LATE 6th round pick because they had DEPTH at the Tackle positions in 2017. They had Nate Solder and Marcus Cannon at the OT positions for starters. They had Fleming and Waddle as their swing tackles behind Solder and Cannon.

What happened to McDermott? . He was immediately picked up by the Bills. He was with the Bills 53 man roster for a month before being waived by them and picked up by the Jets. He was on the Jets for 3 years until they put him on their PS. Then the Pats signed him to their 53 when they had injury issues at RT.

Let's stop pretending that McDermott was released because he sucked. He was released because the Pats had no room on their 53 and were trying to get him to their PS. He was amongst one of the last cuts by the Pats in 2017, being cut as part of the FINAL cut-downs. You're trying to present it like McDermott was something more and therefore a gigantic failure. That's not the case at all.

This sounds like the description of many Patriot OLs when Scarnecchia was here, especially if you include years barely better than 3.9
I don't know what the average time is... Reading monsoms 2021 write up described the 2.2 time as blistering... Did not do a comparison to Brady's or anyone elses release time

I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about coaches. Not sure yet if that’s good or bad…

Maybe, still think this is a mistake. Najee Harris had 1,200, and they were 30th in Rushing the ball. I'm not in favor of it.
Harris had an identical season this year. Which says that wasn't on Klemm and it was their OC and Harris.

NIce to hear from you Mrs Belichick

So you have no counter argument to the things I stated? I'll take that as confirmation from you that you have no clue what you are talking about and just spout ****.

I don't know what the average time is... Reading monsoms 2021 write up described the 2.2 time as blistering... Did not do a comparison to Brady's or anyone elses release time
Well if you’ve watched the Patriots over the years it was a running commentary that Brady got the ball out quickly and helped make the OL job easier. We know that from observation without needing a statistic.

So you have no counter argument to the things I stated? I'll take that as confirmation from you that you have no clue what you are talking about and just spout ****.

Thats no language for a lady, Mrs B.

2020 QB stats: time to throw vs. sack rate

1B89065F-F014-45F4-856C-6F92B7D44595.jpeg

Roethlisberger’s “time to throw,” according to NFL’s Next Gen Stats, is the shortest of any of the 38 qualifying quarterbacks measured by the league’s official advanced statistical service. Roethlisberger’s average time elapsed from the time of snap to throw on every pass attempt is 2.33 seconds.

For perspective, the median time to throw among NFL QBs this year is 2.72 seconds, the longest time to throw (the Cleveland Browns’ Baker Mayfield) is 3.20 seconds and the second-fastest time to throw among current starting quarterbacks is 2.49 seconds (the Chicago Bears’ Nick Foles).

Wow. talk about being disingenuous. The Pats "cut" a LATE 6th round pick because they had DEPTH at the Tackle positions in 2017. They had Nate Solder and Marcus Cannon at the OT positions for starters. They had Fleming and Waddle as their swing tackles behind Solder and Cannon.

What happened to McDermott? . He was immediately picked up by the Bills. He was with the Bills 53 man roster for a month before being waived by them and picked up by the Jets. He was on the Jets for 3 years until they put him on their PS. Then the Pats signed him to their 53 when they had injury issues at RT.

Let's stop pretending that McDermott was released because he sucked. He was released because the Pats had no room on their 53 and were trying to get him to their PS. He was amongst one of the last cuts by the Pats in 2017, being cut as part of the FINAL cut-downs. You're trying to present it like McDermott was something more and therefore a gigantic failure. That's not the case at all.
I don't think a 6th rd cut is ever a failure.

That being said, McDermott drives me nuts. I think he's bad. I focused on him a lot. He looks like he's not getting beat but he's repeatedly missing assignments. We went to screen passes exclusively for a couple games because of him. I chalked that up to him not being in sync. But his mistakes never really improved. He's often seen doubling Onwenu's guy while he leaves the edge free. Does it repeatedly. So many fans blamed Henry or the RBs for not chipping the guy on the edge while McDermott repeatedly messed up.

I really don't like the guy.

Well if you’ve watched the Patriots over the years it was a running commentary that Brady got the ball out quickly and helped make the OL job easier. We know that from observation without needing a statistic.
the write up said that big bens speed getting the ball out specifically propped up the pass pro ratings for the steelers line, which was the point of the post ... based on the Next Gen Stats @Patsgofor4 posted the stats back that up...

and yeah, Brady was good at getting the ball out quickly, no doubt... but we had a very good line for many years, for the most part, which helped as well.

I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about coaches. Not sure yet if that’s good or bad…
I think it's because the refs cost us at least 1 game this year, and ridiculous ST gaffes cost us at least 1 other. We're really a 10 win team as-is, with a premier defense and a QB & weapons that at times look good enough.

Losing Josh and the resulting fiasco really prevented this team from reaching its potential. So yeah, if BOB can get the offense all on the same page again, and we add a few more pieces in the offseason, this team can win a lot of games.

I get excited about the players.
Coaches are normally a dime a dozen but ours weren't even worth that, so it's a good thing to be excited. It couldn't possibly be worse.

No, which makes me think they might be considering other candidates too. Klemm is just the noteworthy one since he also interviewed for OC.
The OL coach appointment is going to be a key step here. Klemm sounds like a good candidate and I hope they get him. Joe Philbin was just let go by the Cowboys so that may be a possibility.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back