PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the sideline taping went back to Belichick the Pats would be facing the same thing and Bill would be suspended. Thankfully it didn’t.
The Commissioner can 46 anyone he wants. But since he has a great relationship with Bob Kraft, it is not a worry.

The Commissioner can 46 anyone he wants. But since he has a great relationship with Bob Kraft, it is not a worry.
He can’t 46 Belichick, article 46 is the CBA between players and owners.

If Goodell tried to suspend BB, what matters is the language in BB’s contract, the NFL agreement among owners, and normal contract law.

OTish, but somewhat related...

I'll go to my grave defending the Patriots against all of their 'scandals' but I can't defend any of this even though I'm also a Red Sox fan. I guess that shows I can be objective and judge things based on evidence instead of homerism?

(I haven't actually gone through all the Red Sox evidence yet so if anyone is mounting a vigorous defense of them I haven't seen it).

The scandals aren't comparable in severity unless you're talking to fans who hate NE and can't think objectively. At least not this Houston one anyway, for which they have actual evidence and witnesses.

Wow. HOU fires GM & HC...

The Rams walkthrough tape if it existed would have been a really bad look and comparable to what the Astros did. Thankfully it was a figment of Matt Walsh’s imagination.

The scandals aren't comparable in severity unless you're talking to fans who hate NE and can't think objectively. At least not this Houston one anyway, for which they have actual evidence and witnesses.
Albert Breer called this “baseball Spygate”

GTFO with that.

The Rams walkthrough tape if it existed would have been a really bad look and comparable to what the Astros did. Thankfully it was a figment of Matt Walsh’s imagination.

Walsh said he was setting up equipment during the Rams walk through and noticed some of their formations but didn't video tape anything. He said he told patriots video chief Jimmy Dee what he saw.

Walsh said he was setting up equipment during the Rams walk through and noticed some of their formations but didn't video tape anything. He said he told patriots video chief Jimmy Dee what he saw.
The real question is, who was spying on the Patriots walkthrough with a telescope?

Sounds like Sox fans expect Cora to be fired. Think it’s the right move.

The real question is, who was spying on the Patriots walkthrough with a telescope?

The report said league officials saw it too... and did nothing. Go figure.

I do like that the Astros can at least be a distraction away from us.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I think it will do the opposite and draw attention to us. Gives clown media types a chance to get one more click bait article in comparing the 2.

Lol far from it. I've seen hundreds of posts and heard thousands of radio calls saying that this is what the Patriots deserved, that the NFL went soft on us blah blah blah. It's an Astros story a separate sport yet we are still in the spotlight.

He can’t 46 Belichick, article 46 is the CBA between players and owners.

If Goodell tried to suspend BB, what matters is the language in BB’s contract, the NFL agreement among owners, and normal contract law.
If he wanted BB gone, he’d make Kraft do it.

Sounds like Sox fans expect Cora to be fired. Think it’s the right move.

Cora is going to get hammered, he might even get a lifetime bar.

The Globe will distract with Spygate 2 and Felger and Mazz will discuss if Patriots ownership will follow the example of John Henry and fire Belichick.

The Globe will distract with Spygate 2 and Felger and Mazz will discuss if Patriots ownership will follow the example of John Henry and fire Belichick.
What is it with those guys and the local media in boston? I'm not from there but I don't understand why these people are allowed to continue with their negativity? How do they walk around in the area without getting harassed?

What is it with those guys and the local media in boston? I'm not from there but I don't understand why these people are allowed to continue with their negativity? How do they walk around in the area without getting harassed?
They bring in ratings. For some reason people tune in.

If Sox did what is being alleged after being told to desist then they deserve a similar penalty to the Astros. Illegally obtaining signals and using that info in real time is what Spygate was "sold as" to the public but not actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing