PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job on being cheap Kraft.

At least hire someone that educates the "independent contractors" what they can and can't do instead of sending them out and assuming they would know the rules and guidelines for filming.

Or even better given how many video features your Kraft group produces. Get a crew under contract who has the grasp on things like that. And dont send randoms out to film scouting features.

Any PR damage you would have taken from AB is marginal compared to this cluster**** of your own doing.

Hell by now the AB situation would have most probably turned into talk about a great year him and Brady were having. If he was not suspended for a the season (which wasnt particularly likely).

Last edited:
Could you please stop writing nefarious? This is a football team, not an ISIS beheading.

It’s his vocabulary flash card word of the day. Tomorrow is peripatetic.

Do any of you work for a big corporation?

I swear some of these comments make it sound like you think the corporate hierarchy of the Patriots is a direct line from everyone to Kraft...

I swear some of these comments make it sound like you think the corporate hierarchy of the Patriots is a direct line from everyone to Kraft...

Ultimately the budget and direction comes from him. Nobody assumes that Kraft actually met with the contractors.

But sending out contractors or not at least giving them guidance about what they can and cant do ultimately falls back on whoever is in charge of that project in the "Kraft Group". And missing obvious details like that just smells of limited budget (and incompetence) to me.

Now they admit they were inappropriately filming, smh. How did they not learn from 2007? This has the potential to be another nightmare ending in lost draft picks and publicly being dragged through the mud for a third time. Great job Kraft you friggin’ meatball.

There potentially goes another 1st round pick lol. No 2nd round pick cause of Sanu, multiple big name free agents possibly leaving the team. Good job upper management, really setting this team up nicely.

I come back and this thread has jumped from 13 pages to 40 lol.

What would you even have to gain from filming a sideline in today’s NFL?
It’s simple and I can’t understand why it’s hard to get. The coaches have radio communication until 15 seconds remain on the play clock. Then based on what they see, they can and do still communicate adjustments via hand signals. You can see it in every game.

So stealing hand signals can be extremely useful. People are acting like it would be impossible to use the information and relay it that quickly. You coach it before the game. If you see this signal, the offense is switching to x. You see this signal, the defense is bringing a blitz or dropping into coverage, etc.

I’m not saying it’s happening, but knowing what a simple hand signal means would be akin to being in your opponents huddle. To think that no team has ever done this would be extremely naive. I would hope that this isn’t something that has happened in the organization, but to categorically deny that it’s possible would also be naive.

There are people who will truly win at any cost. The stakes are high. Legacy’s are built. Looking for a legal or even not so legal edge is almost human nature. We want to win.

So why specifically did they choose the Bengals to do this against? Why not do it against someone else?
Just playing devils advocate. There are no easy games in the NFL. Even if you found a way to “advance scout” in that way every week, you can’t control when you eventually get caught. Again, just playing devils advocate!

It’s simple and I can’t understand why it’s hard to get. The coaches have radio communication until 15 seconds remain on the play clock. Then based on what they see, they can and do still communicate adjustments via hand signals. You can see it in every game.

So stealing hand signals can be extremely useful. People are acting like it would be impossible to use the information and relay it that quickly. You coach it before the game. If you see this signal, the offense is switching to x. You see this signal, the defense is bringing a blitz or dropping into coverage, etc.

I’m not saying it’s happening, but knowing what a simple hand signal means would be akin to being in your opponents huddle. To think that no team has ever done this would be extremely naive. I would hope that this isn’t something that has happened in the organization, but to categorically deny that it’s possible would also be naive.

There are people who will truly win at any cost. The stakes are high. Legacy’s are built. Looking for a legal or even not so legal edge is almost human nature. We want to win.

Thanks for this take, always good to hear from a poster who is definitely just playing Devil's Advocate and not actually a fan of another team with an axe to grind.

In their defense, I would say that Kraft was likely a big proponent of the documentary (no doubt it would have him featured in parts), so I understand the anger directed to him (at least a bit).

In their defense, I would say that Kraft was likely a big proponent of the documentary (no doubt it would have him featured in parts), so I understand the anger directed to him (at least a bit).

My company's owner likes a lot of ideas but isn't directly involved with outlining requirements for the teams that are supposed to implement those ideas.

Yeah someone stepped on their ****. But if you're immediately trying to turn this into being somehow Kraft's fault you're just someone who has an axe to grind.

OK...got mine. Now what's next?

detail.jpg

Now they admit they were inappropriately filming, smh. How did they not learn from 2007? This has the potential to be another nightmare ending in lost draft picks and publicly being dragged through the mud for a third time. Great job Kraft you friggin’ meatball.

There is a BIG difference btw 2007 and 2019. They WANTED to film the other team in 2007 and 2019 was a mistake.

No I think this one falls straight into Cinematographer Bobs lap. Let us blame him!!!1!

that post is pure folly!...there's a really really stupid joke in there somewhere...

Asking to just delete the footage is a classic go-to out for a camera man.

Get stopped filming a Uighur re-education center? Just ask to delete the footage, we were just filming the beautiful open rich cultured province you have good sirs.

This is absolutely embarrassing. Why in the world would they need to film the Bungles of all teams???

Asking to just delete the footage is a classic go-to out for a camera man
Not necessarily. Once he realized that he may have done something wrong and saw other people making a big deal about it, this may have been his attempt at trying to make the situation better.

It was B-roll, nonessential footage. Filler. Of course, he took probably video of the field, the sky, the stadium, etc. That’s what B-roll would be in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back