PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said you were in the video business? I think you should make this presentation and then we can have all the players retweet it. Kraft loves his trophies but he's not backstabbing his clan members for a draft pick. He's a powerful owner but he can't win that fight. The media is too powerful and the NFL would feed them until Kraft was gone.

I am not a producer. I don't work in that part of it. We actually have a team in here today shooting for us.

I want Kraft, the owner of our team, to stand up for himself, basically. Stop being a wuss, and pretending the fans should put up with this.

In 2008, if he had just sued the Herald like he should have or demanded Tomase be fired on principle alone, I think it would have sent reverberations through the industry on these smear campaigns. I really do.

It comes off like NE will take it, so it's open season to do it.

We’ll see if Goodell is smart enough to know that this wasn’t anything nefarious and that the continued media hype is bad for all of the 32 teams. I realize that we’re pinning our hopes on this idiot, but most of the other investigations were wrapped up fairly quickly.

Sigh.
I would of thought the same but they must not agree with you. It's like the WWE and we are the villain. Other owners and fanbases love this stuff and will tune in more to see us lose. I think the NFL loves sticking it to NE.

I am not a producer. I don't work in that part of it. We actually have a team in here today shooting for us.

I want Kraft, the owner of our team, to stand up for himself, basically. Stop being a wuss, and pretending the fans should put up with this.

In 2008, if he had just sued the Herald like he should have or demanded Tomase be fired on principle alone, I think it would have sent reverberations through the industry on these smear campaigns. I really do.

It comes off like NE will take it, so it's open season to do it.
Ya that's not happening. This fanbase has enjoyed a dynasty over the last 2 decades, no one feels bad for us.

Ya that's not happening. This fanbase has enjoyed a dynasty over the last 2 decades, no one feels bad for us.

That's the beautiful part of Goodell's cheating. As long as it's frameable, even if clearly a lie, he still steals the picks.

I would of thought the same but they must not agree with you. It's like the WWE and we are the villain. Other owners and fanbases love this stuff and will tune in more to see us lose. I think the NFL loves sticking it to NE.
I understand why you’d think this, but it’s still so early due to the NFL league meetings last week. Let’s give them a full week on this and see where it’s heading.

And fingers crossed that Goodell isn’t a total idiot, which is really hoping and praying in this case.

I'm sure they are doing a bunch of interviews, including other teams to see if we filmed them
And probably scouring the Pats email servers and cell phone records to ensure there really wasn’t any contact between Kraft productions and the football operations people. Maybe with another team the NFL would give them the benefit of the doubt, but obviously they don’t with the Patriots.

The Patriots need to put this to bed. Let the league have their own little investigation, do whatever they want to do, etc.

The Patriots will accept the punishment and move on accordingly.

I swear, some people never read the Patriots statement. They admitted to the rules violation, inadvertent as it was. Where they state "We accept full responsibility for the actions of the crew at the Browns v Bengals game".

Fighting this is choosing to die on the wrong hill. Take your lumps and move past it. Don't let it fester and become a bigger distraction than it already is.

If this team fights this - full well knowing they already admitted to the violation - how do you think Roger will deal with that? Calmly? Rationally? Hell no. This is Strike Three. That guy goes insane when people go up against him. Kraft fights this, like some want, expect the league to go nuclear on the Patriots.

We are NOT the Ravens. We are NOT protected by the league office. They will fubar our asses if that's the route this team takes.

I am hoping the league will realize that this was inadvertent. That this was not part of an ongoing program to get secret information hidden away behind the bench of our future opponents. I hope that for once they can see past their petty rivalries and not treat this like the beginning 0f the NFL's version of World War III. That the league office exercises moderation and restraint in its levying of any potential penalty.

I hope. Yet I don't believe it will happen that way.

The Patriots need to put this to bed. Let the league have their own little investigation, do whatever they want to do, etc.

The Patriots will accept the punishment and move on accordingly.

I swear, some people never read the Patriots statement. They admitted to the rules violation, inadvertent as it was. Where they state "We accept full responsibility for the actions of the crew at the Browns v Bengals game".

Fighting this is choosing to die on the wrong hill. Take your lumps and move past it. Don't let it fester and become a bigger distraction than it already it.

If this team fights this - full well knowing they already admitted to the violation - how do you think Roger will deal with that? Calmly? Rationally? Hell no. This is Strike Three.

We are NOT the Ravens. We are NOT protected by the league office. They will fubar our asses if that's the route this team takes.

I am hoping the league will realize that this was inadvertent. That this was not part of an ongoing program to get secret information hidden away behind the bench of our future opponents. I hope that for once they can see past their petty rivalries and not treat this like the beginning 0f the NFL's version of World War III. That the league office exercises moderation and restraint in its levying of any potential penalty.

I hope. Yet I don't believe it will happen that way.

Being transparent over some technicality mistake is like a 150K fine. I am fine with Kraft writing that check.

Did you know the Ravens got pegged for using TWO helmets on D last year? 200k fine. I'd like to think I follow the league closely, and somehow this little nugget from the Comp. Committee Chair, John Whinebaugh, goes completely unreported by the media.

If BB did this? I mean, come on, dude. And, that's an actual football operations violation by a "repeat offender".

I don't agree with you. Anything more than a fine is preposterous.

I find it insulting when NE has been nothing but transparent through these, that the league tells everyone that we lied. It's not true. This is now a principled matter, because it shows that AFC teams are still willing to try to cheat our team, knowing Goodell facilitates it.

It's systematic cheating by teams in our conference. Period.

And probably scouring the Pats email servers and cell phone records to ensure there really wasn’t any contact between Kraft productions and the football operations people. Maybe with another team the NFL would give them the benefit of the doubt, but obviously they don’t with the Patriots.

Good. Let them do it. The producer has already stated he was not contacted by anyone on the football side to do anything.

Why would he risk his career over this?

Also, I would imagine the raw footage shot in DC might still be available for that production shoot on Jimmy Dee and his staff that week, which would corroborate this.

Being transparent over some technicality mistake is like a 150K fine. I am fine with Kraft writing that check.

Did you know the Ravens got pegged for using TWO helmets on D last year? 200k fine. I'd like to think I follow the league closely, and somehow this little nugget from the Comp. Committee Chair, John Whinebaugh, goes completely unreported by the media.

If BB did this? I mean, come on, dude. And, that's an actual football operations violation by a "repeat offender".

I find it insulting when NE has been nothing but transparent through these, that the league tells everyone that we lied. It's not true. This is now a principled matter, because it shows that AFC teams are still willing to try to cheat our team, knowing Goodell facilitates it.

If they fight this, they will lose. If they fight this, lose the fight, they will get slammed.

Thats why they won't fight this.

He agrees with you he's just saying if you want to keep playing football with BB and Brady & CO you must accept this and move on. Kraft can't win this short of blowing things up and selling the team.

Do you think the public would care? The fans you speak of that say "Cheatriots" and **** on Brady and say Billicheat... They won't ever, EVER go away. No presentation in the world can convince them of anything. Anyone who has looked at minimal amount of facts would dig deeper in most of these gates because they would notice there's alot of crap on top. The press will go with whatever make them the most money so they would not be on Kraft's side unless he goes to like CNN or something like that and then he might as well sell the team if that happens.

I don't care about those morons. I care about Goodell being called to the carpet once and for all.

That's the point.

I think Goodel would rather look like he wasn't in the pocket of the Pats than do the right thing.

People with no skin in the game telling Kraft what he must do - one person actually said demand. Hilarious

People with no skin in the game telling Kraft what he must do - one person actually said demand. Hilarious

I consider the money I pay the team for all those Jerseys I have "skin in the game."

I think Goodel would rather look like he wasn't in the pocket of the Pats than do the right thing.

That should have went out the window after Deflategate.

The Patriots should explain why they continue to ignore league mandates
I'm curious if the NFL is looking into what the Cleveland people (who gave permission) told the video crew what they can and cannot do. I think they need to police there own stadium better. If Someone came to NE and asked to film a segment on scouting, I would hope that they would let the crew know what is allowed or not. if the Cleveland people told the DYJ crew not to film the sidelines and the crew did it, then we have an issue. Also, was there an agreement that all footage would be reviewed before leaving the stadium? I hope these things are being considered to make a decision but also to improve the process so stupid ass soap opera dramas like this don't keep invading football. It's so petty and pathetic, not to mention a waste of time.

That should have went out the window after Deflategate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes