PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if the NFL is looking into what the Cleveland people (who gave permission) told the video crew what they can and cannot do. I think they need to police there own stadium better.
Yeah......it’s all the Browns fault!!!!!!
LMFAO
The Browns organization should definitely assign a monitor to every person that enters the stadium so that guests will think twice before disregarding set rules.

I consider the money I pay the team for all those Jerseys I have "skin in the game."

Absolutely. I am laughing at the person above, claiming running a business is not about your customer's time vested and support.

I think Goodel would rather look like he wasn't in the pocket of the Pats than do the right thing.

I don't think being caught cheating our team twice now, is remotely looking like he's in bed with Kraft.

He's had to lie about the truth in order t0 frame, that's why these things are "investigated", They need time to see if they can frame it.

It's pretty clear, owners pile up their money on table together to show their pile is bigger than Bob's, and then turn to Goodell with a wink-wink.

I actually think that WAS par of the pressure to frame for Deflategate, but it backfired mainly because Brady is in the union and had that angle to take the liars into a federal court, so they would be caught lying if they stayed the course.

They went in and said Article 46 gives Goodell the right to cheat, basically.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious if the NFL is looking into what the Cleveland people (who gave permission) told the video crew what they can and cannot do. I think they need to police there own stadium better. If Someone came to NE and asked to film a segment on scouting, I would hope that they would let the crew know what is allowed or not. if the Cleveland people told the DYJ crew not to film the sidelines and the crew did it, then we have an issue. Also, was there an agreement that all footage would be reviewed before leaving the stadium? I hope these things are being considered to make a decision but also to improve the process so stupid ass soap opera dramas like this don't keep invading football. It's so petty and pathetic, not to mention a waste of time.

I am more curious why Beungles employees rolled tape from the press box and no one has said a word. Team personnel cannot use a cell phone from the press box in any capacity or film.

This is what the Browns GM got nabbed for. I don't think it was nefarious, really, but you can'd do it.

Again, team personnel vs a production company filming a doc are 2 totally different entities tied to rules in the gameday manual.

Spygate 2.0? Why This Perplexing Patriots Cheating Scandal Is So Tense

We should send this guy a holiday fruit basket. It's nice to see some journalism and objectivity in this age.

Can you copy and paste it? I don't have an online account.

If by guessing what this guy is writing about, he's saying what I've been saying. Goodell best be careful here, because I think this could be the point where the Krafts drop the gloves once and for all to defend themselves.

People say it's unlikely, and maybe it is, but I don't understand what choice you have if Goodell tries to apply non-football ops personnel to what the rule is for football ops people in the gameday manual.

I mean, it's sort of insulting to our intelligence that BB called the producer and told him to try to get some backside footage that shows us nothing the coaches tape or even a broadcast might show you. It simply doesn't make sense.

People "why did they do it, they didn't need to"..........

EXACTLY.

Goodell lied to you.

They got framed and over-punished for Spygate, Deflategate was a proven manufactured situation completely, but as long as the Kraft/BB/Brady trio is here, at any time a team can use something, even something that seems as innocent and small as this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think being caught cheating our team twice now, is remotely looking like he's in bed with Kraft.

He's had to lie about the truth in order t0 frame, that's why these things are "investigated", They need time to see if they can frame it.

It's pretty clear, owners pile up their money on table together to show their pile is bigger than Bob's, and then turn to Goodell with a wink-wink.

I actually think that WAS par of the pressure to frame for Deflategate, but it backfired mainly because Brady is in the union and had that angle to take the liars into a federal court, so they would be caught lying if they stayed the course.

They went in and said Article 46 gives Goodell the right to cheat, basically.
Well visit some other forums and they're convinced we always get off easy.

Can you copy and paste it? I don't have an online account.

Weird, I got the entire article for free, it popped up in my Google news feed. And now it won't let me read it.

Sorry, everyone. It was good.

Spygate 2.0? Why This Perplexing Patriots Cheating Scandal Is So Tense

We should send this guy a holiday fruit basket. It's nice to see some journalism and objectivity in this age.

This is just part of it...
The New England Patriots easily dispatched the Cincinnati Bengals 34-13 on Sunday. And they probably didn’t need to cheat to do it.

But the NFL is investigating whether they did just that after a baffling sequence a week earlier, when someone credentialed on behalf of the Patriots was caught taping the field from the press box during the Bengals-Browns game, in violation of league rules.

The situation is, in many ways, silly: why, of all teams, would the Patriots have done this against the lowly Bengals? But the ramifications are potentially explosive because of long-standing tensions between the team and the league over this very topic.

That’s because the Patriots have been accused of cheating before. Those accusations have resulted in fines, Tom Brady’s suspension and the forfeiture of draft picks. But not all of those moments have been the same. They have included clear violations, completely unsubstantiated ones and others so contentious that the situation resulted in a destroyed cellphone and physics debates. Years later, the phrase “Deflategate” is still taboo in Foxborough, Mass. because New England executives still maintain that the team and Tom Brady were railroaded by the NFL’s investigation of that situation.

The fallout from those previous investigations has both bestowed a queasy reputation on the greatest dynasty in the modern NFL history and strained relationships between that same team and the league. Now, the Patriots’ history in this space will be considered when doling out any potential punishment—which is according to the league’s commissioner.

Of course,” Roger Goodell said, “that’s a factor.”

The situation arose during the Dec. 8 game between the Bengals and Browns in Cleveland, a week before the New England and Cincinnati were set to play. The Patriots made a request to send a video crew to film its advance scout at the game for a feature called “Do Your Job,” which shows the life of team staffers. The Browns approved that request. The Bengals weren’t informed that it would be happening.

But controversy arose when that same three-person video crew was seen shooting the field during the game from inside the press box—a violation of league rules because that tape could be used to decode a team’s sideline signals.

The Patriots acknowledged that the video crew overstepped its bounds by shooting the field, but said that this production team was completely independent of the football operation. Coach Bill Belichick said he had no knowledge of it.

Well visit some other forums and they're convinced we always get off easy.

I hear you, but they are easily slapped with facts and reality. I don't really care what a moron thinks in general. If the person is going to use decision making based on lies or things that are not true, there can't be a fair discussion anyway.

Is this true? This can't possibly be as you describe it. I know the league is bad but this would be too much. Bill would receive a lifetime ban for this.

I'm not that creative. The story was from April, 2o12. Here's an ESPN article about it.

Also, here's a Deadspin article about Polian's comments on the topic.

I can remember listening to Mike & Mike after they heard Polian's comments or replayed them and both agreed that having access to this information would be worthless. That doesn't make any sense, but that was the message their audience received on the topic.

In the bigger picture, this story is largely forgotten. I'm sure some Saints fans and fans of their rivals remember it, but you never hear about it in the media. No one is going on TV and stating it definitely happened, like they would if the Patriots were implicated.

I'm not that creative. The story was from April, 2o12. Here's an ESPN article about it.

Also, here's a Deadspin article about Polian's comments on the topic.

I can remember listening to Mike & Mike after they heard Polian's comments or replayed them and both agreed that having access to this information would be worthless. That doesn't make any sense, but that was the message their audience received on the topic.

In the bigger picture, this story is largely forgotten. I'm sure some Saints fans and fans of their rivals remember it, but you never hear about it in the media. No one is going on TV and stating it definitely happened, like they would if the Patriots were implicated.

So, again, these are the documented incidents that the Pats organization needs to fight back with or at least threaten if a draft pick even is hinted at.

Not that we need more evidence that Ryan is a clown, but this speaks volumes about the hypocrisy in the NFL

Rex "Low IQ" Ryan also thinks NE has no talent on offense and this is the "worst" NE team he's ever seen.

He's got to be one of the dumbest people I've ever seen.

Rex still has a grudge against Patriots and nothing is going to change that fact. If this Pats team is the worst he has ever seen with its current results I am curious how he evaluates his best 11-5 Jets team?

Rex still has a grudge against Patriots and nothing is going to change that fact. If this Pats team is the worst he has ever seen with its current results I am curious how he evaluates his best 11-5 Jets team?
Most of the ex-player/ex-coach media has a grudge against the Patriots. It’s hard to find one of those jabronis who haven’t lost a huge game to the Pats at some point (except for the guys who actually played for the Pats). Gruden... Warner... Faulk... Ryan.... Dungy...

Any penalty would make it look like it was something, when it wasn’t.

Colts fans use the punishments for spygate and deflate gate as proof that it was a serious offense that impacted the outcome of games

You should read the spygate 2 thread on their forum if you want to lose some brain cells today and save money on alcohol

calling for all titles to be stripped, calling for 10 year ban from playoffs, stripping patriots next 5+ 1st round picks, etc etc they just keep going on and on getting more absurd with their proposed punishments and they 100% believe the Pats were caught cheating again, and that they deserve these insane punishments

I was pretty much ignoring this.

Until Fox showed the video of Bengals security confronting the guys...

"I don't see your advance scout in this footage"

"No, its not, we are trying to get some field perpsectieve. Thats my bad."

"Thats not the field"

Yeah that's gonna be a decent penalty. Especially as repeat offenders.

Way to connect all the dots to get to your conclusion

why would it be a decent penalty? First the footage is for Kraft Productions for their website, etc they do not interface with, report to or share anything with football operations

secondly, several former players and coaches have already shown examples of All-22 film that shows the exact same stuff

so there was no intent to cheat or gain some sort of advantage

And there was no actual competitive advantage that could have been had from the film anyways

Similar to colts fans, lots of people want the NFL to actively cheat and put the Pats at a huge disadvantage so the rest of the league can keep up with them.. it’s the only way they have any shot at hanging with the pats, so rather than improve their organizations and compete, they would rather manufacture scandals to create distractions and public disdain for them, and try to strip draft capital to continue to choke their talent stream

it’s gotten quite pathetic, but what do you expect with organizations like the Jets and Colts... the smelly dumpster fires of the league desperately trying to stay relevant

I'm curious if the NFL is looking into what the Cleveland people (who gave permission) told the video crew what they can and cannot do. I think they need to police there own stadium better. If Someone came to NE and asked to film a segment on scouting, I would hope that they would let the crew know what is allowed or not. if the Cleveland people told the DYJ crew not to film the sidelines and the crew did it, then we have an issue. Also, was there an agreement that all footage would be reviewed before leaving the stadium? I hope these things are being considered to make a decision but also to improve the process so stupid ass soap opera dramas like this don't keep invading football. It's so petty and pathetic, not to mention a waste of time.

THANK YOU!!!!

Aren't the Cleveland Browns also responsible for what occurs in their own press box??????

1) The Browns received a request for the videographers and granted the guest passes and access
2) Every team has press box stewards who facilitate the game day experience and, yes, keeps the peace, for any media in the press box and other areas of the home stadium.
3) Reports are that the crew had been working in that press box filming the scout for a while before the game began. They then set up a tripod IN THE FIRST ROW of the pressbox - - right in front of Browns and Bengals personnel and media from both teams.
4) Why the hell did we not hear complaints/first hand reporting from Browns/Bengals beat reporters who were RIGHT THERE like MARY KAY CABOT, NATE ULRICH, PETE McMANAMON,
Hell, Bengals beat reporter Jay Morrison even made fun of it with this (and yes, he DID get the sideline)

Folks, this is a hit job on the Patriots, first and foremost.

They’ll just take draft picks. Fine bob kraft 1 billion and suspend the whole team for the entire season next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST