PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site News PatsPicker - 2019 Roster Prediction Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my final roster post preseason game 3.

QB (2) T.Brady, J.Stidham
RB/FB (4) S.Michel, J.White, D.Harris. J.Develin
WR (6) J.Edelman, J.Gordon, N.Harry, D. Thomas P.Dorsett, J.Meyers
TE (2) M.LaCosse, R.Izzo
C (2) D.Andrews, T.Karras
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, H.Froholdt
T (3) M.Cannon, I.Wynn, D.Skipper
DE (5) M.Bennett, J. Simson C.Winovich, S.Calhoun, D.Rivers
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Shelton, A.Butler, B.Cowart
ILB(2) J.Bentley, E.Roberts
OLB(4) D.Hightower, K.VanNoy, J. Collins C.Munson
CB (5) S.Gilmore, J.McCourty, J. Jones, J.Williams, J.Jackson
SS (1) P.Chung
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (8) S.Gostkowski, J.Bailey, J.Cardona, M. Slater, B. Bolden, T. Brooks, N. Ebner, K. Crossen.

Notable cuts: Hoyer, Pennel, Dawson, Burkhead, Gunner.
Notable trades: Wise for a 4th-5th.

QB - Hoyer and Stidham are close. Even if week 1 Hoyer would still be slightly the better backup option by week 6 or 8 it will be a tie at worse.
RB - Burkhead was a really tough cut. Looking at it objectively he's been the worst RB on our roster this preseason. Those injuries piled up and now he looks like a shell. Trade him if you can but his contract makes it hard. Sad to see it go this way.
WR - I was willing to let Dorsett walk until I saw how far Meyers has to go vs the 1's.
TE - These spots are now locked.
OL - Keeping only 8 and Froholdt being so unready makes me a bit nervous TBH.
DE - Wise just has not been able to play within the new system well but he's too cheap, good and valuable to straight out cut. Someone would happily give up a 4th or 5th (at worst) to get him into their traditional 4-3. Rivers now sneaks on. He flashed a bit.
DT - Pennel just hasn't done enough and I am now reluctantly on the cut train. Cowart has flashed enough to take the sting away.
LB - Roberts and Munson have injuries and a new scheme to thank for sticking. I still think Roberts could be trade bait but Munson is a guy I'd like them to carry. Bentley has done enough IMO to take that #4 LB spot from him.
CB - Dawson has just been so bad that they can't carry him.
S - No surprises here.
STs - Gunner is a PR. You need to do more than that or be the absolute best in the league to crack this roster. Crossen now sneaks in due to King going down. Maybe they trade Roberts and add another STer?

I like this one. Only one quibble: I thought Dawson's coverage the other night was pretty tight. For example, watch the bomb thrown at JC Jackson down the far sideline - Dawson had the coverage on the guy underneath.

Andy Hart and Ryan Hannable have WEEI's 53-man roster projection 5.0. Not surprisingly, there aren't a lot of differences between their groups.

Dawson v. Crossen at CB
Munson makes roster at LB for just one of them
Rivers makes roster at DL for just one of them

and neither has Hoyer making it, specifically because of the alleged talent depth (My writing "alleged" is not meant as a disparagement, just that not all of that alleged depth is really proven at this time).

So, looking at their versions, it would seem that they are really down to looking at 5 (Dawson, Crossen, Munson, Rivers, Hoyer) players for 3 spots. I thought I'd throw this out there to see how many people here are thinking along those same lines.

Andy Hart and Ryan Hannable have WEEI's 53-man roster projection 5.0. Not surprisingly, there aren't a lot of differences between their groups.

Dawson v. Crossen at CB

and neither has Hoyer making it, specifically because of the alleged talent depth (My writing "alleged" is not meant as a disparagement, just that not all of that alleged depth is really proven at this time).

So, looking at their versions, it would seem that they are really down to looking at 5 (Dawson, Crossen, Munson, Rivers, Hoyer) players for 3 spots. I thought I'd throw this out there to see how many people here are thinking along those same lines.

I saw their projections and noticed how similar they are as well. I agree with most of it (although A Hole .. i mean A Hart is a buffoon)...but not sure about Rivers injury. So does he stay on the 53 and then go to IR the day after cut down (or PUP) for 8 weeks or something if he is still hurting?

QB (2) T.Brady, J.Stidham
RB (5) S.Michel, D.Harris, B.Bolden, J.White, J.Develin
WR (6) J.Edelman, J.Gordon, D.Thomas, J.Meyers, P.Dorsett, N.Harry
TE (2) R.Izzo, M.LaCosse
C (1) D.Andrews
G (4) S.Mason, J.Thuney, H.Froholdt, T.Karras
T (3) M.Cannon, C.Croston, I.Wynn
DE (5) M.Bennett, J.Simon, C.Winovich, S.Calhoun, D.Wise
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Shelton, B.Cowart, A.Butler
ILB(2) J.Bentley, E.Roberts
OLB(4) D.Hightower, J.Collins, C.Munson, K.VanNoy
CB (7) J.Jackson, S.Gilmore, J.Williams, J.Jones, K.Crossen, D.Dawson, J.McCourty
SS (2) N.Ebner, P.Chung
FS (3) D.McCourty, T.Brooks, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, J.Bailey, J.Cardona

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2019

3 spots or two? what's the 3rd choice?

Dawson v Crossen

Munson v Rivers
==============
I'm OK with the 2 choices. I choose Crossen and Munson, the STers.

Hoyer is the OPEN question for me. I could see the colts signing him. They need a backup.

Dawson v. Crossen at CB

Last edited:
Well now...

QB (3) T.Brady, B.Hoyer, J.Stidham

RB (6) J.Develin, B.Bolden, J.White, R.Burkhead, S.Michel, D.Harris

WR (5) J.Edelman, J.Gordon, P.Dorsett, N.Harry, J.Meyers

TE (1) R.Izzo

C (1) T.Karras
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, H.Froholdt
T (2) M.Cannon, I.Wynn

DE (6) M.Bennett, D.Wise, J.Simon, C.Winovich, S.Calhoun, D.Rivers
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Shelton, B.Cowart, A.Butler

ILB (2) J.Bentley, C.Munson
OLB (3) D.Hightower, K.VanNoy, J.Collins

CB (6) S.Gilmore, J.McCourty, J.Jones, J.Jackson, J.Williams, D.Dawson

SS (2) P.Chung, O.Melifonwu
FS (3) D.McCourty, D.Harmon, T.Brooks

ST (4) S.Gostkowski, J.Bailey, J.Cardona, M.Slater

- Traded: Roberts, Crossen
- Notable cuts: Ebner, LaCost, Donkey Thomas

That's a total of 51...Then IR Rivers after roster submissions to make him eligible to return, if that's what the team feels is his prognosis...for a total of 50...Then Bill absolutely, positively MUST find At Least Two new OLmen to replace Andrews & the Skipper/Gilligan experiment, Plus one more TE after ALL of the others except Izzo have been sh!t-canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back