PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Pats v. Redskins Preseason GDT

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guerrero must have been out of town or something.
Sure, and standing on the sidelines for 3 hours is always good for a sore back.

Sure, and standing on the sidelines for 3 hours is always good for a sore back.

Since Bill clearly hates him I guess this was one of those incentives TB had to hit for those 5m. Stand on the sideline and watch Hoyer do his magic.

Does anyone know if there’s somewhere I can rewatch the game? Being in the UK it’s a nightmare to see games at the moment and this season we got a lot of late ones

If you can afford it, Gamepass is your friend. The quality was good -- and I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch that scrimmage for more than 40 minutes.

welp...just read the thread. Interesting and *shockingly* rational analysis from the armchairs out there. I was AT the game with Tunes and I can tell all of you with no reservations that Jordan Richards cannot play in the NFL. In fact I don't think he'd be any better than 2nd string in the SEC. I read that he whiffed on some tackles as you saw it on broadcast. Perhaps it's good that that is all you got to see. In my fifty +years I have NEVER seen a more putrid performance from a socalled pro in the NFL. He missed EVERY tackle. Why? He doesn't KNOW WHAT A TACKLE IS! BTW they were playing a cover 6 most of the night I think, utilizing a deep middle safety. Richards was 20 to 25 yards OFF the LOS every single play. EVERY ONE! I keyed on him every play. Even when it was an obvious run play and even though HE saw that it was, he STILL never got close to a stop, It's horrific how bad this guy's instincts are. The clown show he put on on rushes and screens to the sideline was as preposterous a performance of futility as I've witnessed since the Cyrus Jones experiment.

I'm not going to hold much of an opinion on the performance of Hoyer, the starting LB's or the mail-in job by our #1 corner. First preseason game ultimately means squat as far as the well oiled machine we expect to show up goes. What I take out of this game and the next is how WELL a player shows up....making sure tackles, diagnosing and blowing up the vanilla plays he's seeing, tenacity and displaying confidence. Jordan Richards is NONE of this and never will be. He was injured and never came back...hopefully he goes to the season ending IR. I never want to see this guy again in a Patriots uniform.

Please forward to [email protected] and yess its credible.
welp...just read the thread. Interesting and *shockingly* rational analysis from the armchairs out there. I was AT the game with Tunes and I can tell all of you with no reservations that Jordan Richards cannot play in the NFL. In fact I don't think he'd be any better than 2nd string in the SEC. I read that he whiffed on some tackles as you saw it on broadcast. Perhaps it's good that that is all you got to see. In my fifty +years I have NEVER seen a more putrid performance from a socalled pro in the NFL. He missed EVERY tackle. Why? He doesn't KNOW WHAT A TACKLE IS! BTW they were playing a cover 6 most of the night I think, utilizing a deep middle safety. Richards was 20 to 25 yards OFF the LOS every single play. EVERY ONE! I keyed on him every play. Even when it was an obvious run play and even though HE saw that it was, he STILL never got close to a stop, It's horrific how bad this guy's instincts are. The clown show he put on on rushes and screens to the sideline was as preposterous a performance of futility as I've witnessed since the Cyrus Jones experiment.

I'm not going to hold much of an opinion on the performance of Hoyer, the starting LB's or the mail-in job by our #1 corner. First preseason game ultimately means squat as far as the well oiled machine we expect to show up goes. What I take out of this game and the next is how WELL a player shows up....making sure tackles, diagnosing and blowing up the vanilla plays he's seeing, tenacity and displaying confidence. Jordan Richards is NONE of this and never will be. He was injured and never came back...hopefully he goes to the season ending IR. I never want to see this guy again in a Patriots uniform.

Please forward to [email protected] and yess its credible. :D

If you can afford it, Gamepass is your friend. The quality was good -- and I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch that scrimmage for more than 40 minutes.

99 bucks for a bunch of preseason games and regular season replays? no thanks. it used to be much cheaper. you might as well get Sunday Ticket for $225.

Gotta like dis guy:

I wonder what would the Pats get for a Guy like Webb?? I cannot see them keeping him with the depth they already have. I love the proven Jeremy Hill as a Tough inside runner.

99 bucks for a bunch of preseason games and regular season replays? no thanks. it used to be much cheaper. you might as well get Sunday Ticket for $225.

In the UK?

International Gamepass is showing live streams of all NFL games in addition to Redzone, NFL Network and their game archive. You are thinking of the US version of that service.

I wonder what would the Pats get for a Guy like Webb?? I cannot see them keeping him with the depth they already have. I love the proven Jeremy Hill as a Tough inside runner.

They're not going to get anything in a trade for an undrafted rookie. He either makes the 53 or gets risked on waivers.

Bentley is significantly better in space than advertised.

tried to advertise it in his draft day thread . not very successfully ;)

Timnog is the best .

my boy Elandon had best game of LB group . and most fans will just hate that..
after positive camp i was happy to see it “translate“ to the game
less wrong/premature reads/steps (it was just basic offence but still),
better coverage movement
its a preseason game of course but those improvements were nice to see

maybe pats fans gave up (went hate) on him a tad early (which is a norm I guess)

he can be such a game changer at times and Im happy BB&Flo had/have much more patience with him. maybe new Flores D will suit him better as well.

Bentley, as I tried to convey on draft day, is the real deal. I was happy they gave him 51 and at times it looked like Mayo spirit was in him.

Interestingly, M.Flowers was kept off D (except “garbage time“). Played on all ST units though - Grigsby as well. (a pity Roberts is out of ST again - could save a roster spot..)

It will be interesting to see how LB competition shapes up, but for the moment Roberts and Bentley together with High and KVN are making this team.

Last edited:
tried to advertise it in his draft day thread . not very successfully ;)

my boy Elandon had best game of LB group . and most fans will just hate that..
after positive camp i was happy to see him “translate“ to the game
less wrong/premature reads/steps (it was just basic offence but still),
better coverage movement
its a preseason game of course but those improvements were nice to see

maybe pats fans gave up (went hate) on him a tad early (which is a norm I guess)

he can be such a game changer at times and Im happy BB&Flo had/have much more patience with him. maybe new Flores D will suit him better as well.

Bentley, as I tried to convey on draft day, is the real deal. I was happy they gave him 51 and at times it looked like Mayo spirit was in him.

Interestingly, M.Flowers was kept off D (except “garbage time“). Played on all ST units though - Grigsby as well. (a pity Roberts is out of ST again - could save a roster spot..)

It will be interesting to see how LB competition shapes up, but for the moment Roberts and Bentley together with High and KVN are making this team.

Roberts will need about 5-6 games in a row like this before I even start believing that he made strides and not just "guessed right". We have been through this last year where he looked improved and then bit on everything and got abused multiple times.

I want to like him but his inconsistency is what makes me want to cut him at the same time.

All that being said this is still a group of LBs that will get gashed in space throughout the season.

Gonna sound crazy but this post almost made me like Jordan Richards. JFC who else can get roasted so hard for a pre-season game? I don't like him in a starting role but if he's still there when the season starts I guess the coaches see something in him (probably see a lot of pride and not wanting to admit yet another 2nd round DB reach)

Positive signs to me ...

OFFENSE

Hill, Webb
Izzo, Hollister, Poggi
Patterson, Lucien
Brown, Waddle

DEFENSE

Bentley, Roberts
Shelton-Guy combo
Rivers, Wise, Clayborn
JC Jackson, Rowe, Crossen, Lewis

Status