PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Pats v. Redskins Preseason GDT

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed his first and only playoff start. That being said, he's never looked this bad before as a member of the Patriots. Kind of worrying but I'll wait longer to see if things change.

In defense of Hoyer, while it wasn't exactly a sandlot offense, there wasn't a real gameplan or sophisticated route patterns/misdirection to scheme guys open. Hoyer ended up holding onto the ball for a really long time, especially in the first half (credit to the OL for not allowing him to get killed).

Also keep in mind that five of Hoyer's seven incompletions were drops - three by Hogan and two by Dorsett. OTOH, in defense of Dorsett on his second drop, Hoyer had led him into a killzone, which I don't think Brady would've done under any circumstances.

Also keep in mind that five of Hoyer's seven incompletions were drops - three by Hogan and two by Dorsett. OTOH, in defense of Dorsett on his second drop, Hoyer had led him into a killzone, which I don't think Brady would've done under any circumstances.

And the first throw would have been out of bounds anyway. I wouldn't call either a "drop" (i.e. meaning Dorsett should have caught it).

In defense of Hoyer, while it wasn't exactly a sandlot offense, there wasn't a real gameplan or sophisticated route patterns/misdirection to scheme guys open. Hoyer ended up holding onto the ball for a really long time, especially in the first half (credit to the OL for not allowing him to get killed).

I wouldn't even necessarily say Hoyer had a down night, more of a mixed night that showed a low ceiling. Just not what you'd like to see, at least for some long stretches.

So after game 1 he has no trade value, do the Pats continue to play him a lot in pre-season with the hope that he rebounds and some team puts in a waiver claim for him?

Any idea how much TD Mike will count against the cap if he clears waivers?

Zero dead money against the cap if Gillislee is cut. Cap savings would be $2.18M.

Play of the game?

BB's red flag. Didn't count for the refs but certainly counted for the team that turned it into a game immediately after that!

And the first throw would have been out of bounds anyway. I wouldn't call either a "drop" (i.e. meaning Dorsett should have caught it).

I thought that was partly on Dorsett for allowing the guy covering him to guide him so close to the OB that Hoyer had only a sliver of a window to throw into. The fact that Hoyer still managed to put it on Dorsett's hands where the DB couldn't get to it is actually a positive, to me.

I’ve never seen Hoyer look worse.
He looked bad but the whole passing game was out of sync and the receivers are partly to blame for that. No Gronk, Edelman wasn't asked to do anything, and Hoyer probably hasn't worked much with the others as part of the first unit (Dorsett, Patterson, Hogan, etc.). Plus, Britt is sidelined and Decker is new. Lucien showed a little when he was out there as did Hollister.

I thought that was partly on Dorsett for allowing the guy covering him to guide him so close to the OB that Hoyer had only a sliver of a window to throw into. The fact that Hoyer still managed to put it on Dorsett's hands where the DB couldn't get to it is actually a positive, to me.

Definitely something to check when A22 comes out. Zolak would agree with you. I am just reacting allergic to every incompletion being called a drop nowadays.

Definitely something to check when A22 comes out. Zolak would agree with you. I am just reacting allergic to every incompletion being called a drop nowadays.

I hear ya. While it went off/through Dorsett's hands, Dorsett was literally flying through the air trying to reach it and it would have been something of a miracle catch if he'd held on, much less stayed in bounds.

Volin's snaps counts ...

Special teams snap counts:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes