PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade deadline thread

Yep he did.

Pooped his diaper at the Vatican too.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Yep he did.

Pooped his diaper at the Vatican too.
This conversation started with discussing imaginary Texans WR Brandin Bolden, this may be the most unique transition into a political argument I’ve ever seen.
This exchange definitely made me laugh just due to how preposterously it evolved, but, yeah, let's not talk politics. At all. Thanks!

Wish list:
-Sticky man to man DB
-Big fat-ass DT well over 340lbs
-Quality Tackle depth
I’ll be less greedy : I’d like only the two following - the second coming of Lawrence Taylor and someone between 93-96% as good as Deion Sanders to play corner, returner, and occasionally as WR. Very reasonable. Go get ‘em Bill.

Every time I see a post with ________ for N'keal Harry I laugh.

Pats need to do addition by subtraction..

Get rid of Van Noy and let Uche and Tavai take his snaps.

Put Collins on notice as well.. Get his s**t together or pack it up and leave.

Harry is controllable for another two years with the 5th rd option makes his trade value a little more, but I can’t see anyone trading for him.

I’m sure Detriot would love to rid themselves of the Flowers contract, but he is still owed over 10 mil this year, and then nobody is paying him $16 mil a year for the next two years. His whole contract is guaranteed for this year, he will get cut this off season, but nobody is trading for that contract.

I’m sure Detriot would love to rid themselves of the Flowers contract, but he is still owed over 10 mil this year, and then nobody is paying him $16 mil a year for the next two years. His whole contract is guaranteed for this year, he will get cut this off season, but nobody is trading for that contract.
I think he’d be open to a pay cut to get out of Detroit to go to a contender. However, he’s played so bad in Detroit, I don’t think any contender will even consider it.

The more Brandon’s the better, one Brandon won a landslide election by over 8 million votes.
Most popular Brandon ever. A November miracle with the fewest counties of all time too!

No takers? If available, I'd bring back Flowers 1000 times out of 100. With Gilmore out of the equation we have the cap space to absorb a prorated portion of his contract, and we have the luxury of a QB on a rookie deal for the next 4 years.

Flowers was such an impactful player here, I think he would instantly solidify our run defense. In the next month we face the two best backs in the league, and a team with the best 1-2 punch in the league. Add Flowers to this line and I feel good about beating Carolina and Cleveland. Win those games, and the playoffs are a very real possibility.
There was no real cap gain from the Gilmore deal - yes, the Panthers will pay his base salary of $5M for the rest of the season, but his holdout on the PUP list saddled the Pats with his salary for the first seven games plus his signing bonus. The Patriots have only $6.5 million of cap room on the eve of the trade deadline. They'll have to unload someone to have any real flexibility.

Was just paying Gilmore another $6 million and figuring out how to manage the cap really that big of a deal? Its going to feel disgusting to give up any asset to get a CB.
I don;t think it was about more money it was about his readiness to play. He finally got on the field in week 8 Should the Pats paid him $12 or 13 million to play 9 games. Should they have paid him all pro money on an extended contract at age 33. He wanted to be paid BEFORE he proved he was ready to get on the field, the Pats weren't willing to do that and he was traded. I wish they had waited and perhaps gotten more from some desperate team like the Bucs and others who need CB's or if he'd be willing to play 9 games for the $7MM left on his 5 year contract. I don't think he was willing to do it. I wish he had. I don't think he's elite any longer, but he'd be a big help to us.

$13 million for a year would be right in the ballpark of his market value. I think it would have worked.
for a full season fine, but not for 9 games.

This trade proposal should get it done:

Harry for Sutton and Jackson for Mills or Williams. Your welcome.
No way. If I'm going to trade Harry, I need to get Harry, Jackson and at least a day 2 pick.

I play my Madden on rookie mode.

Idk, Sutton is a free agent after this year, so the team trading for him is only getting half a season guaranteed out of him. Definitely affects trade value.

Well, that didn’t seem to hurt Miller’s value. Sutton is a stud. I’d throw in my left nut if that would be helpful (I’ve always been partial to my right one anyway).

If a trade makes sense, he'll do it. If not, he won't.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back