PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats to wear road game jerseys in SBLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew this already. Was only pondering why. BB isn't the type to care about this stuff but I can't imagine anyone making the decision except him.
I feel like this would be more of a Kraft decision. Feel like jersey is more of a marketing/business decision. Can’t imagine it’s a big deal either way, Bill and Bob probably talk about it I’d guess.

It’s interesting that in the NBA, the star player decides what jersey they wear. LeBron and Westbrook get to pick I’ve heard.

So I totaled my van last week...it now looks like, well, the flying elvis uniforms Kraft has kept us in since he bought the team.

I'm OK...we're going to continue to look stupid and win big...

"Boy, those Gladiators really play well in these big games..."

It's been like this for over twenty years, now...

"And in Super Bowl 52, it's the Philadelphia Eagles versus the...the, uh...the representatives of the American Football Conference...whoever they are..."

Reel it in, bald Tom Brady. You’re reaching a bit, here.

I'm "reaching a bit" because I, personally, want to see a win in blue?

At least make sense if you're going to make an attempt at condescension.

Then why did the pats wear white when they played the cowboys at home a few years ago? Clearly it’s bill trying to get in their heads.

because dallas hates to wear blue

skins do it for the same reason

I wonder who in the organization makes the decision about which uniform to wear, or how this decision is made, as I'm sure Belichick himself couldn't give 2 5hits about the color.
I heard Sirius 88 saying the Pats had home field advantage and elected white.

I would assume the better record would get that option.?

EDIT: I love the white jerseys.
... and I will be wearing my white Bruschi.:D

...If things start going horribly wrong, it's blue Faulk time.
Thankfully, I haven't needed that in quite awhile.

Last edited:
Kinda disappointed.

Would've been cool to see them win in Blue twice and White once during the first dynasty. And White twice and Blue once during the second.

Reel it in, bald Tom Brady. You’re reaching a bit, here.

I'm "reaching a bit" because I, personally, want to see a win in blue?

At least make sense if you're going to make an attempt at condescension.
I’m going to assume that you’re having a bad day and aren’t interested in keeping things light, because you kinda took that to a weird place.

I’m joking with you about the whole 2 blue and 1 white and now 2 white and 1 blue thing, in the sense that it’s funny to see us coming up with weird desires about jersey colors. Chill out. It wasn’t an attempt at disrespect.

I feel like this would be more of a Kraft decision. Feel like jersey is more of a marketing/business decision. Can’t imagine it’s a big deal either way, Bill and Bob probably talk about it I’d guess.

It’s interesting that in the NBA, the star player decides what jersey they wear. LeBron and Westbrook get to pick I’ve heard.
BB is pretty superstitious.
When the last time you saw the red hoodie, or one with sleeves? ;)

Bill and Bob probably talk about it I’d guess.
Belichick: "Sticking with the same uni's this year?"

Kraft: "Of course."

Belichick: "You know, I can envision us going back to a grass field at some point."

Kraft: "Sure. We'll see how things look in a couple more years."

Belichick: "And, the um, original uni's?-"

Kraft: "Nope. Not happening. Same chance as me supporting somebody other than Goodell. The more he does against us, the more I blame anybody, anything other than him directly. He's not responsible for his actions. Just like Orthwein."

Belichick: "Okay, Bob."

Dandelion leaning toward BIG Pats win...

So, after Decca became the latest record company to reject the Beatles ("Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"), George Harrison nonetheless referred them to the Rolling Stones, to whom they gave a huge, generous contract...Decca wanted a piece of that rock n' roll cash cow that was skyrocketing in Britain.

So did George ever even get a "Thanks"?

I personally like both uniforms and don't really have a preference.
I just want to win, I don't care what color we are in.

I’m going to assume that you’re having a bad day and aren’t interested in keeping things light, because you kinda took that to a weird place.

I’m joking with you about the whole 2 blue and 1 white and now 2 white and 1 blue thing, in the sense that it’s funny to see us coming up with weird desires about jersey colors. Chill out. It wasn’t an attempt at disrespect.
Well you did assume correct, so I give you that lol. My bad, can never tell what's a joke on this site sometimes.

Watching the Seattle super bowl on NFL right now now, of course they wore the whites and won but forgot how bleak it looked after the TD at the end of the first half and FG and TD for Seattle after the Brady pick. There's BB and TB remaining calm and determined like they're up 10. Amazing this team. They can wear purple and win.

I've always wondered if a team with a green uniform might blend in with the field a bit. Maybe a camouflage effect.

I think that would only be a factor with the QB surveying the field. A WR isn't going to miss his man but watching 8 or 9 people on the field the white jerseys are probably easier to see. That would mean a person in a green uniform might have a better chance at an INT, but on offense the QB might not see them open as easily.

If there's an effect I'm sure it's small but I don't know how you could test to see if there's any effect at all.

I've always wondered if a team with a green uniform might blend in with the field a bit. Maybe a camouflage effect.

I think that would only be a factor with the QB surveying the field. A WR isn't going to miss his man but watching 8 or 9 people on the field the white jerseys are probably easier to see. That would mean a person in a green uniform might have a better chance at an INT, but on offense the QB might not see them open as easily.

If there's an effect I'm sure it's small but I don't know how you could test to see if there's any effect at all.

It can't help much. Green football teams haven't been champions since the 1960s (minus the Packers, but they wear that loud yellow)

I have been saying this for YEARS. Ever since 2007, I’ve wanted us wearing white for the Super Bowl, strictly because we will win wearing that jersey. They made a mistake wearing Blue both times vs the Giants.

We wore white the very last time we played them, 2 years ago and beat em.

Blue jerseys are awesome, (and red’s are the BEST) but they’re bad luck in the SB after 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News