PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats to wear road game jerseys in SBLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh **** yeah! Glad Kraft/Bill are superstitious. I like the whites a lot better but was worried about the superstition.

I think Bill will do anything to troll his opponent. The fact that the pats are weering the same jersey color as they did when they beat the eagles last time in the SB is no coincidence.
There’s like 3 people still with the Eagles from that team. Doubt they care.

It could be a psyche out kind of thing, or it could be as simple as Belichick wants his team to treat this like a road game in terms of preparing them for a hostile crowd and being away from your comforts. Jersey is a small detail, but probably calls back that kind of consistency in theme.

There’s like 3 people still with the Eagles from that team. Doubt they care.

Then why did the pats wear white when they played the cowboys at home a few years ago? Clearly it’s bill trying to get in their heads.

Last edited:
Then why did the pats wear white when they played the cowboys at home a few years ago? Clearly it’s bill getting in their heads.
Well there’s some history to that, I could see it being in their heads for the Home Jersey curse but not really much to do with SB 39. Hell you could be right though, I just wouldn’t think the current Eagles care much about SB 39.

Well there’s some history to that, I could see it being in their heads for the Home Jersey curse but not really much to do with SB 39. Hell you could be right though, I just wouldn’t think the current Eagles care much about SB 39.

Maybe Bill just wants to troll their horrible fan base and open up the deep wounds placed in SB39 just like ours were in SB46 :cool:

Maybe Bill just wants to troll their horrible fan base and open up the deep wounds placed in SB39 just like ours were in SB46 :cool:
We shoulda wore white for the rematch.

I read somewhere the eagles are undefeated this year wearing green (if you don’t count the week 17 game against dallas when they rested their starters).

Some possible reasons:

-BB is superstitious re: the 12 of 13 stat
-BB thinks Philly is superstitious (like wearing white at home against Dallas)
-The Pats last win against the Eagles was wearing white

Some possible reasons:

-BB is superstitious re: the 12 of 13 stat
-BB thinks Philly is superstitious (like wearing white at home against Dallas)
-The Pats last win against the Eagles was wearing white

How decided:

NFC teams are the home team in odd-numbered Roman-numeral years.
AFC teams are home team in even-numbered Roman-numeral years.

LII = 52

-----> NEP are home team and got jersey-color choice, Philly (away team) gets the coin-toss call.

As to the why reasons:
- maybe just in case Gotohell has them turn up the temp in the dome after putting special flu sauce in the Pats soup the week prior.

How decided:

NFC teams are the home team in odd-numbered Roman-numeral years.
AFC teams are home team in even-numbered Roman-numeral years.

LII = 52

-----> NEP are home team and got jersey-color choice, Philly (away team) gets the coin-toss call.

As to the why reasons:
- maybe just in case Gotohell has them turn up the temp in the dome after putting special flu sauce in the Pats soup the week prior.

I knew this already. Was only pondering why. BB isn't the type to care about this stuff but I can't imagine anyone making the decision except him.

I don't think it'll make an actual difference in the game, but man do I love the whites more than the blues. I'm happy with this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back