PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release vet backup OL Mark LeVoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats release Levoir

BB is cutting all of the guys I hate for once. TBC now Levoir. If things continue my way you can say goodbye to guyton, sanders, warren, and if the stars are aligned BJGE and Koppen. I almost forgot wilhite and maybe butler. If all these guys are cut I am going to go play the lotto.

Last edited:

Belichick seems to try cutting team veterans early when he's made up his mind about moving on from them. Levoir's been with the team long enough that he's probably earned that in BB's eyes. I was mildly surprised that the guy even made it to camp, to be honest, since I've never been a big fan of his and figured the team would have his replacement on hand by the start of it.

I've never been a big fan of BB's idea of quality OL depth. I just assumed he went after players that fit the Pats zone blocking schemes, but average to below average size, coupled with short arms and comparitively inferior strength has always nettled my sense of what our OLmen should be. This year,this draft shows a decided shift to the bigger, heavier,longer armed OLman type. I don't know if it's protection issues he wants to address or a change in the blocking scheme or what.I'm hoping one or more of the board experts can identify what is going on in these upcoming three preseason games.

BB is cutting all of the guys I hate for once. TBC now Levoir. If things continue my way you can say goodbye to guyton, sanders, warren, and if the stars are aligned BJGE.

Ty Warren? he's already gone

BB is cutting all of the guys I hate for once. TBC now Levoir. If things continue my way you can say goodbye to guyton, sanders, warren, and if the stars are aligned BJGE and Koppen. I almost forgot wilhite and maybe butler. If all these guys are cut I am going to go play the lotto.

Why on Earth would you want BJGE and Koppen cut? For that matter, why would you be calling for Sanders to be cut when you look at what's currently behind him?

Last edited:

Yeah it is kind of interesting. I always thought that M.LeVoir had good value as a backup here. Then again, I didn't agree with the release of Hochstein either--so what does that tell you? LOL.

Pats got a late-round pick for the Director. :)

Looks like BB doing him a favor and releasing him early so he can catch on somewhere else.

Possibly with a request to go to the NFC, in return for an early release.

Why do you hate BJGE? I love ur list minus Lawfirm.

Losing the JAG is no big deal. Mineri is the TE convert right? It looks like he is coming around.

Ironic how 3 of our tackles were TE's and 2 of which are Pro-bowlers. Solder/ Vollmer. Solder will make many Pro-Bowls watch:) was Light a TE by any chance? I know it's not odd to see the switch from TE to T

This is also an encouraging sign for Cannon who will come off PUP in 6 weeks. We can add Marcus to our MIGHTY wall. Cannon is the xtra depth guy Right at our BYE week 7. 6 weeks on PUP then you become elgible for the 7th week right? Our week 7 is a BYE so Cannon will be here week 8:cool:

Last edited:

Thought he would stay around, Maneri must have really impressed!

You hate our back up tackle who hasn't started a game since 2008 ?

No offense seems like an odd choice.

Sanders...A productive safety. Warren...good backup, low cost DT. BJGE...a 1000 yard non fumbling RB....Koppen....a top ten center in the League....?

To each hs own I guess.

Looks like BB doing him a favor and releasing him early so he can catch on somewhere else.

This......

The only thing "surprising about this is the timing. Nothing else. Maneri has obviously shown enough. I'm good with it (he's a binky for me).

Why on Earth would you want BJGE and Koppen cut? For that matter, why would you be calling for Sanders to be cut when you look at what's currently behind him?

Its not like I actually expect them to be cut but they are who I truly want gone. Its obvious why i would want Wilhite/Butler gone but i will give you reasons for the others.

Guyton-hated him since day one because of his softness. Seems incapable of hurting anyone or forcing a fumble with a hard hit. When he's done tackling you, you actually feel better like he got that kink out of your back. He never attacks the running back, they simply run into him and gain an extra yard or two. He is always blocked and I hate his zone coverage(another reason why we sucked on 3rd down).

Sanders- I hated his coverage basically since 05. Hes gotten better every year but i think he has peaked and rather give someone else a chance(i know our depth is shaky but it has to happen at some point)

Koppen- This is an interesting cut for me because i like him alot actually. But I have been watching wendell for awhile and I think he could replace him and slightly improve our run game. Most people are expecting him to be replaced next year by Brewster, im just doing it a year early.

BJGE- His mediocrity annoys me to no end. I feel that we have not won any games because of him besides the Vikings game. And hes not much of a factor in the pass game. Lastly, his no fumbling thing is extremely overblown and i'll tell you why. Most backs fumble when they are hit in the backfield or when they are trying to make a move when they get some daylight. We have a good line so backfield tackles aren't really an issue and he rarely makes it to the second level. Before Lomo completely sucked he went a long time without a fumble also and I also think its because he rarely got to the second level. He was busy running into olinemens backs. When BJGE runs, no matter how big the hole I expect a five yard gain at most. Ridley is not that fast but he ran some effective tosses. I cringe at the the thought of BJGE beating anyone to the corner.

BJGE- His mediocrity annoys me to no end. I feel that we have not won any games because of him besides the Vikings game. And hes not much of a factor in the pass game. Lastly, his no fumbling thing is extremely overblown and i'll tell you why. Most backs fumble when they are hit in the backfield or when they are trying to make a move when they get some daylight. We have a good line so backfield tackles aren't really an issue and he rarely makes it to the second level. Before Lomo completely sucked he went a long time without a fumble also and I also think its because he rarely got to the second level. He was busy running into olinemens backs. When BJGE runs, no matter how big the hole I expect a five yard gain at most. Ridley is not that fast but he ran some effective tosses. I cringe at the the thought of BJGE beating anyone to the corner.

Paging Patspsycho to aisle 5!

Its not like I actually expect them to be cut but they are who I truly want gone. Its obvious why i would want Wilhite/Butler gone but i will give you reasons for the others.

Guyton-hated him since day one because of his softness. Seems incapable of hurting anyone or forcing a fumble with a hard hit. When he's done tackling you, you actually feel better like he got that kink out of your back. He never attacks the running back, they simply run into him and gain an extra yard or two. He is always blocked and I hate his zone coverage(another reason why we sucked on 3rd down).

Sanders- I hated his coverage basically since 05. Hes gotten better every year but i think he has peaked and rather give someone else a chance(i know our depth is shaky but it has to happen at some point)

Koppen- This is an interesting cut for me because i like him alot actually. But I have been watching wendell for awhile and I think he could replace him and slightly improve our run game. Most people are expecting him to be replaced next year by Brewster, im just doing it a year early.

BJGE- His mediocrity annoys me to no end. I feel that we have not won any games because of him besides the Vikings game. And hes not much of a factor in the pass game. Lastly, his no fumbling thing is extremely overblown and i'll tell you why. Most backs fumble when they are hit in the backfield or
when they are trying to make a move when they get some daylight. We have a good line so backfield tackles aren't really an issue and he rarely makes it to the second level. Before Lomo completely sucked he went a long time without a fumble also and I also think its because he rarely got to the second level. He was busy running into olinemens backs. When BJGE runs, no matter how big the hole I expect a five yard gain at most. Ridley is not that fast but he ran some effective tosses. I cringe at the the thought of BJGE beating anyone to the corner.

1000 yards rushing.....4.4 ypc.......13 tds= mediocre?

We can agree to disagree on this, but comparing te guy to Maroney because Maroney didn't fumble much either at one point is just showing bias. No, he's not Adrian Peterson...but forseeably, he's the best we have.

He'll be a Jet within 36 hours. They have depth problems on the OL and in Rex's warped, Patriots obsessed mind it's an opportunity to get in a dig at NE.

Last edited:

He'll be a Jet withing 36 hours. They have depth problems on the OL and in his warped, Patriots obsessed mind it's an opportunity to get in a dig at NE.

The Jets probably would do that to get back at us for Ellis. Our guy was merely a JAG I doubt he goes their. Dallas needs big time help and the G-men for their o=lines not too mention the Colts, but I suspect the latter 2. I suspect 1 of them

Last edited:

Sanders...A productive safety. Warren...good backup, low cost DT. BJGE...a 1000 yard non fumbling RB....Koppen....a top ten center in the League....?

To each hs own I guess.
Overstatement on Sanders. If viewed dispassionately, he's an adequate back up. He doesn't have the speed and quickness necessary to be a plus coverage S. He doesn't have the size or strength to be a plus run stopper. OTOH, he is very smart, a good leader and communicator. and he will be always know where he is supposed to be. Getting there is the problem

Last edited:

Cannon may be coming off the pup as well.

Cannon may be coming off the pup as well.

I figured Cannon would be back week 8 7 is our bYE and he has to stay on PUP until week 6

I think it is too early for him and Cannon later on in yr would be a HELLUVA an add as a hybrid G/T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back