PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release vet backup OL Mark LeVoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats release Levoir

5'9" 180.

That's what this thread is about, right?

We must have run into each other on an elevator. I can't pass-block for zhit either.

Look on the bright side...most of youse guyz could go out on Halloween as Danny Woodhead..:woohoo:

Look on the bright side...most of youse guyz could go out on Halloween as Danny Woodhead..:woohoo:
....or Julien Edelemen...or Wes Welker...or Buddy Farnham...

I used to see Phil McConkey (punt returner for the Giants in the 1980s) in the building where I lived. He was a lot shorter than I am ...

... and than his girlfriend.

Last edited:
Koppen- This is an interesting cut for me because i like him alot actually. But I have been watching wendell for awhile and I think he could replace him and slightly improve our run game. Most people are expecting him to be replaced next year by Brewster, im just doing it a year early.

Koppen will be replaced next year. Whether it's by Brewster, Jones or someone else. Dante and BB don't share your faith in Wendell otherwise he'd be the starter. And Wendell isn't nearly as good a runblocker as Koppen.

I am willing to be mistaken; but current depth chart shows Koppen/Wendell and NOBODY at the C position.

Even if Wendell were better than Koppen; CUTTING him would achieve EXACTLY WHAT? Depth wise it is DOWNRIGHT SILLY (for at least 10 following posts I thought you were just satirical - because I didn't think anyone could be that dumb). If Wendell went down are we going to pick up another guy off the street mid-season who would have TB's confidence? Real bright.

Remember that the Center is the ONE guy who touches the ball EVERY OFFENSIVE PLAY (even Brady is only 95% of the OPs). For all you may think Koppen stinks [I assume here in Pass Protect] - he gets the ball in TBs hands whether short or deep snapping and you dont see QB-C errors going on much.

And I would disagree with the responder that Koppen is for sure gone next year. For sure there will be competition and IMO BB will likely try to address the C position with a top 3 pick. But there is no guarantee Wendell or any PTBNL will beat Koppen out in camp -- if Wendell could, he already would have (he is a 3-4 year player already).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohrnberger has been working almost exclusively at OC this year. given the fact that Wendell hasn't been seen in about two weeks, Ohrnberger is likely the backup Center. Also, I'm pretty sure Thomas Austin was snapping the ball in the 4th quarter last night. Position flexibility.

I used to see Phil McConkey (punt returner for the Giants in the 1980s) in the building where I lived. He was a lot shorter than I am ...

... and than his girlfriend.

Loved that guy. Bavaro's wing man.

1) Koppen is at least an average nfl center. I would not be surprised to see Wendell extended.

2) Wendell is an OK backup, but is injured.

3) Ohrnberger is a backup center and guard.

Per Aaron Wilson - LeVoir reportedly refused to take a paycut in New England, leading to his release.

Per Aaron Wilson - LeVoir reportedly refused to take a paycut in New England, leading to his release.

According to Miguel, Levoir's salary was only $690,000 and the Pats only saved $240,000 taking a $188,914 cap hit in the process.

LeVoir has chance of starting RT for the Ravens -- if he can beat a rookie Jah Reid. He might be a real winning pickup. Again one team's surplus is another's treasure.

The only play I remember from this guy is against the Jets when he knocked out one of their corners on a screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back