PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Kinda interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pats release Levoir

Looks like Maneri is in?

Hmm. So much for using him as trade bait for a late pick.

Looks like BB doing him a favor and releasing him early so he can catch on somewhere else.

hmmm, i was thinking he was doing pretty good too....i guess with light and Vollmer and some other tackle guys it got to be too much

im sure he gets picked up and makes another teams roster

Yeah it is kind of interesting. I always thought that M.LeVoir had good value as a backup here. Then again, I didn't agree with the release of Hochstein either--so what does that tell you? LOL.

Seriously though, I wonder what the specifics were. Apparently BB didn't feel that he was best for the O-line moving forward, but I wonder if this would having anything to do with Solder's (perceived) progression/Light's return from PUP? i would guess that's the most obvious answer.

With Light coming back, Vollmer a staple, and Solder looking good so far--I guess there wasn't an extreme need for LeVoir.

Looks like BB doing him a favor and releasing him early so he can catch on somewhere else.

Agreed. Otherwise doesn't make sense as alittle thin already on O-line and still 3 preseason games to play. Hopefully we can go through unscathed.

My early bet would be the Bills - their O-line is awful - and their coach pretty much admits as much publicly.

Maybe the Bears will take a look aswell.

Best of luck to LeVoir he did a nice job stepping up when he was needed.

Not exactly a big loss

I would be more upset if Connolly were cut

Did Maneri play a lot in the Jags game?

I saw that Ohrnberger played both center and guard. Not that he does any good, but he's versatile and that will probably help him make the squad.

Could Cannon be on his way to the active roster?

Could Cannon be on his way to the active roster?

I don't think this means anything about Cannon. He's technically Active/PUP which means he still counts against the 90 man limit, so it's not like we would need to cut anyone if Cannon were ready to play.

No surprise

No surprise

I'd call it a surprise that it was done so early, rather than waiting until final cuts as insurance against injuries at the position. But not a big surprise that Maneri overtook him.

He'll be a Jet

My early bet would be the Bills - their O-line is awful - and their coach pretty much admits as much publicly.

Maybe the Bears will take a look aswell.

Best of luck to LeVoir he did a nice job stepping up when he was needed.

He was a rookie free agent with the Bears PS for 2006.

Pats release Levoir

Rob Turners replacement. Future Jet captain.

I'd call it a surprise that it was done so early, rather than waiting until final cuts as insurance against injuries at the position. But not a big surprise that Maneri overtook him.

Belichick seems to try cutting team veterans early when he's made up his mind about moving on from them. Levoir's been with the team long enough that he's probably earned that in BB's eyes. I was mildly surprised that the guy even made it to camp, to be honest, since I've never been a big fan of his and figured the team would have his replacement on hand by the start of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft