PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats QB Room in for 2024

You care that's why you defend your boy Zappy so much.

38 rating yeah he's amazing....
You chase me around here like a dog in heat then ask why I respond… you’re one of those mensa members I’ll bet.

Blah blah blah… you’re a silly poster who posts a lot but doesn’t say much.
Says the guy insisting for months the offensive line and receivers are completely fine LMAO.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Says the guy insisting for months the offensive line and receivers are completely fine LMAO.
While you were making excuses for Mac and telling us he was actually good.

Let’s see who is starting in the NFL next season, Mac or his teammates.

He didn’t start, he played half a game after getting minimal practice reps to prepare all week.

To say you have a limited understanding of football and life would be generous.
The excuses never stop for this guy lol. But you're not a Zappy fanboy... right.

Your boy doesn't belong in the NFL.

You chase me around here like a dog in heat then ask why I respond… you’re one of those mensa members I’ll bet.
Ok skippy. Make another excuse for Crappe Zappe it's been 1 minute since your last one.

Blah blah blah…
An admission you got nothing.

You chirped me after that TD on Sunday (where the RB did most of the work not the QB)... then didn't hear from ya after that. Weird. What happened?

Gotta love Zappe fanboy logic.

If Jones sucks therefore logically that means Zappy is good. lmao

Bill Parcells once cut Troy Brown did He know Brown was going to be Player he became?? Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

You do realize that Troy Brown was a late bloomer and didn't do much of anything until after Parcell left the Patriots three years after Parcells cut him? Under Carroll he was a solid role player, but not a starter. He didn't become a starter or what people remember him as until Belichick got here which was eight years into his career.

Maye
Brissett

This is where I am at. Brissett would be my choice of a veteran signal caller. He will be much cheaper than Cousins/Mayfield/etc... and probably has some familiarity with O'Brien's system which has some remains from McDaniel's when Brissett was a rookie here.

And yes...a rookie QB too. I'd love Maye for his measurables and arm strength, but I could go with Bo Nix and Marv Harrison Jr....if we think Bo Nix will last until pick #35?

And we have to send Mac and Zappe packing. Those two guys need a fresh start elsewhere. I'd sign another veteran...maybe Grier again.

Sure… dumbed it down.

If “dumbing it down” was a real thing, teams would do it all the time. The Pat’s would have dumbed it down for Mac, the 49ers for Trey Lance, the Jets for Zach Wilson… hell, everyone can be good as long as we dumb it down.

“Dumb it down” is how media apologists for Mac explained why Zappe looked so good and Mac led the entire NFL in interceptions. It was typical media crap… blaming everyone for Mac’s terrible play but him.

Dumbing down an offense isn't a good thing. It makes the offense more predictable and easier to defend. That is why you want a QB who can run a complex offense.

And dumbing down the offense is exactly what they did last year for Zappe and what O'Brien did for him last week. The Zappe refuse to see or admit it. It has nothing to do with defending Mac. It has to do with Zappe being a very limited QB.

• Agree
This is where I am at. Brissett would be my choice of a veteran signal caller. He will be much cheaper than Cousins/Mayfield/etc... and probably has some familiarity with O'Brien's system which has some remains from McDaniel's when Brissett was a rookie here.

And yes...a rookie QB too. I'd love Maye for his measurables and arm strength, but I could go with Bo Nix and Marv Harrison Jr....if we think Bo Nix will last until pick #35?

And we have to send Mac and Zappe packing. Those two guys need a fresh start elsewhere. I'd sign another veteran...maybe Grier again.
McCorkle is broken. Not sure how much longer Pete is going to coach otherwise that could be a destination for him. He's good with QB's. Saved Geno Smith's career.

McCorkle is broken. Not sure how much longer Pete is going to coach otherwise that could be a destination for him. He's good with QB's. Saved Geno Smith's career.
They already have Drew Lock....and I think the Seahawks are taking QB in this year's draft to develop behind Geno.

Better destinations for Mac would probably be places like Cleveland, Tennessee, Vegas, Minnesota, Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Arizona..... all where the starter doesn't have a 100% grip on the job either because of an injury history or so-so level of play.

They already have Drew Lock....and I think the Seahawks are taking QB in this year's draft to develop behind Geno.

Better destinations for Mac would probably be places like Cleveland, Tennessee, Vegas, Minnesota, Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Arizona..... all where the starter doesn't have a 100% grip on the job either because of an injury history or so-so level of play.
Good point. He can't replace Trevor Lawrence or his hometown could also be a good fit. Maybe Tampa is an option if Trask doesn't pan out? Atlanta is only a 4 hour drive I think from Bama.

Good point. He can't replace Trevor Lawrence or his hometown could also be a good fit. Maybe Tampa is an option if Trask doesn't pan out? Atlanta is only a 4 hour drive I think from Bama.
More like 3...I have in-laws who live in Bama close to Birmingham...and that is only about 2 hours.

And yet Bill still managed to find higher-tier talent for Brady than he has for Jones.
I suggest that Brady would have used the talent well enough to put us in the playoffs every year, and a compeitor to go deep with a bit of health a luck.

Cleveland with Watson doubt it.

Belichick cut Zappe and despite his base salary being very low, 31 other teams refused to put in a waiver claim for him. And when he was a free agent after passing through waivers, no team wanted to sign him despite being able to pay him the veteran minimum.

So if you don’t trust Belichick’s talent evaluation, can you trust 31 other GMs who clearly believe that Zappe isn’t even a solid back up?
Zappe was judged by 31 teams not to be good enough to be their #3 QB.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back